Friday, March 4, 2011

Baby 19

It seemed as though no time had passed when it was birthday time again.  Xanthe, baby 18, went first.

I was very surprised to see that he had his father's yellow hair.  Most of my children end up with my hair or my parent's hair.  Something not so surprising was that he had gotten my family's blue eyes (gosh, my nose looks really big in that picture).


After Xanthe grew up, the toddlers were next:  Flame and Blaze.  Blaze was very adorable as he prepared to grow up.  He pranced around giggling.

"I'm growing up!"

Flame, baby 16, had very thick and messy hair.  I loved those amber eyes.

Blaze, baby 17, copied his older brother, Jacob, with his hairstyle.  His skin was the brightest orange ever.

Sienna, baby 15, put on a beautiful dress which really showed off her nice figure.  She also decided to cut and straighten her childhood curls for something more modern.  She loved her skin tone, it was a little darker than mine she said it made her look tanned and healthy.  Scarlett, baby 16, was also a beautiful teen.  She let out her long black hair instead of cutting it like her sister.

Jacob, baby 13, grew up into a young adult.  He went for a "cool" look for his hair.  His eyes were even more squinty and small and he still had a weight problem but he was fine with it.  His traits are flirty, kleptomaniac, grumpy, heavy sleeper, and mean spirited.  His sign is Capricorn and his lifetime wish is to possess 50,000 simoleons of stolen goods.  He also despises swimming and I don't know why.

Just as quickly as he had grown up he was out of the house, ready to live a new life stealing other peoples things (just so you know, I do not approve of that but he is an adult therefore I don't really have the right to make his decisions for him).

A few weeks later, after putting Xanthe to bed and washing dishes, I sat down for a relaxing read.  I scanned the front page and turned to the next page.

After a few more minutes of paging through I stopped on page 4 and read a snippet of an article.  Right away, I called the phony looking number at the bottom of the article.

After 3 rings, an old voice picked up.  "Hello?"

"Hi," I answered, "May I speak to Albert Einstein?"

"This is he," Albert replied.

"Hi my name is Calista Smith and I'm doing something called a 100 Baby Challenge...."  I explained.

I told him what my challenge was and I could hear him let out a sigh of relief when I told him that he could have a son/daughter to pass on his genes and his brains.  We hung up after he agreed to come over tomorrow morning. 

The next morning, at precisely 9:01am, the grandson of a brilliant-minded man stood in front of me.  He looked very frail and sick, just like the picture in the newspaper.

Albert Einstein, the grandson of the genius Albert Einstein.  He had greying hair and dark brown eyes.

Carefully, without hurting him we slowly made our way to the bedroom and I heard the lovely sound of a lullaby.  I kind of regretted woohooing with him.  He was older so it was a little... different.  I didn't feel the way I do when I'm with men my own age.

A few weeks after Albert had come over, I received a package and a letter in the mail.

He was a very rich man due to his incredible brain and talent therefore he had the money to buy lots of presents.  He gave us a mini kitchen set that really worked.

He wrote Mrs. Smith even though I am not married.

Right away, I wrote a letter to thank him.  It was so kind of him!  No other father had done that.

Later that week, he sent a mini drum set.  Xanthe loved it.  I showed him how to play and he was very happy when he finally got the hang of the new instrument.

The teens came home from school and they brought my nephew home from school, Buster Johnson.  He is my sister Alicia's kid and they still haven't legally changed his name to Smith yet, since she is no longer married to Kendall Johnson.

I've always known him to be a nice kid but for some reason he started snooping around in a very sneaky way.  It was starting to freak little Xanthe out.  Maybe he was having trouble coping with the divorce of his mom and step-father.

Without noticing him, he snuck up behind me and scared me so badly a little scream escaped from my lips.

I was so surprised and angry.  I told him not to do that and that I didn't think that it was very amusing.  Then I suggested that he leave and he did, cursing along the way.  I'd speak to Alicia about this.

The school kids did their homework without any help from me.

While they were doing that, I taught Xanthe how to walk.

"That's it... good job Xanthe!" I praised.

He gave me a giggly smile.  He was so cute!

Every night, Blaze and Flame fished in the pool.  It seemed kind of silly to me because their was clearly nothing in there.

On the second night of fishing, they came running to me and they told me that they had actually caught some fish, small minnows and goldfish.  I don't know how but I didn't question them.  We put the fish into the fishtank.  The office was now full of life again.

They made sure not to forget to feed the fish.  I had told them about our previous fish and they promised never to make that mistake.

As I did the laundry...

Something stirred inside of me I felt my little einstein moving!  Such a wonderful feeling!

I taught Xanthe to talk.  He got really excited when he learned the word for "car," his favorite toy in the world.  After that, we would have a lot of conversations about the baby inside of me, cars, and how much he loved me.

"Mommy," he would whisper in my ear, "Can I tell you a secwit (translation: secret)?"

Nodding, I would say, "Yes, what is it you want to tell me sweetheart?"

"I wuv you!" he would say, then he would go into a fit of giggles.  "I'm so smart Mommy!"

"Yes you are my little boy," I replied, also laughing.  This little joke would go on for hours if I allowed it to. 

A few months had gone by.  Albert had not had a chance to visit me and check on how the unborn child was.  I thought he might have forgotten or not cared when I received another note and a gift in the mail from Albert. 

He gave us a little painter's set.

This was the note that came with it.

He did care, very much, and it was very sad to think that this baby might never know its father.  But I kept my head high and my doubts away.  He will not die, I repeated to myself, at least not until this baby is out.  I wasn't sure how sick he was but judging by his note and the media, it seemed pretty bad.  To keep my mind off of Albert and his illness, I thought of how much Xanthe would like the rocking horse Albert had sent a little while after the painter's table.  Just to prove it, I showed him and he loved it.  He gave me that innocent, toothless smile that all the babies seem to know.  He seemed very tired so I set him in the crib that I had put upstairs.

I should probably put one on the lower level too, I thought to myself as I watched the t.v. as well as little Xanthe sleeping in the corner.  It wil be very convenient for when I am cooking and need free hands.

I'm not sure when it started but all of a sudden Blaze and Xanthe bonded.  Usually Blaze would come into Xanthe's room to play with a toy and he wouldn't really communicate with Xanthe.

It used to be like that until one day, Xanthe said in his most little kid voice, "I wanna hug Baze (he couldn't really pronounce his L's yet)."

And Blaze cautiously bent down to Xanthe's outstretched arms.

Right when he did, I believe their brotherly bond was formed.

After that day, Blaze insisted on taking care of Xanthe.  I would start to get a bottle ready for Xanthe when Blaze would come into the kitchen where I was and say he wanted to do it.  This happened multiple times a week and at least once a day.

Xanthe would drink the milk, he was so excited to finally be noticed and cared for by one of his older siblings.  Xanthe didn't seem to want to get attention from Flame and the older girls, although he did love them and play with them every once in a while.  Blaze was just his favorite and his preference. 

Blaze taught Xanthe how to play peek-a-boo.  They were so cute!  A part inside of my just hoped that they would keep this bond strong for a long time, even until they were grown.

The teens were really getting good at their painting skills.  Again, they painted the same picture.

The only difference was the coloring.  Scarlett had a lighter shade of blue than Sienna did.

More months passed and the due date finally arrived.  I drove to the hospital after calling my parents to take care of the kids.  A day after signing into the hospital my water broke and the contractions started.  As he had predicted in the note, Albert was already at the hospital.  It was good and bad.  Good because he could easily walk down the hall to see his child and bad because that means that his health isn't doing so hot.

Many people were waiting outside of the hospital hoping for a safe delivery of baby 19.  The labor was fair if not painless with the pain killers, experience when dealing with contractions, and is was quick, only a measly 3 hours!  Then, I came out with a bouncing baby boy with a very big head (The questions becomes, is he sick or is he just super smart like his father?).  Together, we named him Hans Louis because it just fit.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

NOTE

I'd like to thank marie88 at the Sims Resource for Albert Einstein.  You can download your very own Albert Einstein here.

And the website for the fake newspaper generator is here.

12 comments:

  1. Oh Gosh! :) This was incredible!! I hope Albert doesnt die! lol. Great Great Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading it! I know, I hope he doesn't die either. It would be too sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cat! :) Love your challenge! I was just wondering if you'd check out my 100 Baby Challenge blog? I'm really working hard on it, and having someone read it would be amazing. Thanks! I'm looking forward to following your challenge! Best of luck! :)

    Here's my link if you're interested:
    http://100challenge-joanna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you for the wonderful comment! I'd love to read your challenge! I'll go check it out right now... Thanks for reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cat!! I love your blog!! Its amazing. :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kacei - Thank you! I really like your blog too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I really loved how you tied Albert Einstein into it...Super cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Albert sims! Is it weird I am just reading yours now like 3 years later? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nope, nothing wrong with that! Is it weird I still check the comments? :P

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do you get your CC??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where do you get your CC?

    ReplyDelete