Saturday, March 19, 2011

Babies 27, 28, and 29: Triplets Again??

The teens knew that they needed to grow up and move out of the house in order for me to have more kids and continue the challenge.  They maintained their grades in school and worked on improving their skills.

The teens weren't teens for long.  They had wanted to grow up early to get married and have children so I gladly let them age up.  Annabelle, baby 20 as a young adult.  Her traits are shy, clumsy, good, family-oriented, and artistic.  Her sign is Sagittarius and her lifetime wish is Descendant of da Vinci.  She had very lovely hair and her bow matched her homemade sweater.
Alexander, baby 21, as a young adult.  His traits are loves the outdoors, excitable, bookworm, natural cook and heavy sleeper.  His sign is also Sagittarius and his lifetime wish is to be a celebrated Five-Star Chef.

Augustine, baby 22, as a young adult.  His traits are bookworm, athletic, friendly, computer whiz, and childish.  His sign is Virgo and his lifetime wish is Chess Legend.  August had had slight difficulties seeing and had to get glasses.  "They compliment my nerdy personality quite well," he joked.

That night, I called Edmund Quaski's number on the card he had given me.  I wanted two things that night - 1) baby 27 conceived and 2) I wanted to know how Edmund had become a vampire.

The doorbell rang only a few minutes after I had called him.  Wow, he's quick.  It must be a vampire thing.  After a few minutes of small talk, I suggested we sit down on the couch. 

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you become, uh... what you are?" I asked embarrassed.  This wasn't how I had expected it to go.  I wasn't supposed to be so shy.  Gosh, things were a lot simpler in my head.  Fortunately for me he came prepared as if he had predicted what I was going to ask him....

[And no, I didn't name Edmund Quaski after Edward Cullen from Twilight, just in case you were wondering and if you weren't, well, now you've just learned a little more than you had expected.]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

EDMUND'S POINT OF VIEW

I grew up in Sunset Valley with my parents.  I was their only child so they spoiled me more than I deserved.  When I was about to start college, I knew that I wanted to become an actor.  I was good looking, as far as I could tell and I could do impromptus very well.  Everyone loved me.  While I was there, I stayed with my high school friend, Nathaniel Kjos.  (pause, Calista says she remembers meeting Nathaniel at the bar) Oh!  You know him... yes, he does work at Eugi's.  He would be a great father for your challenge.  If you don't mind a bunch of vampire children.  Oh, yes, back to the story.  Here's a picture of me before I was a vampire. 

Here is also a picture of Nathaniel before he was changed.

Anyway, I was living in an apartment with Nathaniel and another friend of ours, Vladimir Schlick.  One night, Vlad was out and Nathaniel and I were alone.  Vlad was gone for a few days.  Right when Nathan and I were about to look for him, he came through the doors with a very scary look on his face.  His skin looked much paler than it used to be and his eyes were different too. 

We didn't think anything of it and we didn't ask him where he had been.  That day, Vlad seemed to be in pain.  Nathan went over to help him and ask him what might be wrong when all of a sudden Vlad bit Nathan on the wrist and made a terrible sucking sound.  I had to cover my ears.  It sounded so painful.

Before anyone could respond, Vlad bit Nathaniel a second time.  I tried to go over and stop him but Vlad just bared his teeth and hissed at me like a predator guarding his prey. 

Later, I found out that was exactly what he was, a predator.  He didn't kill Nathaniel but he did make him pass out.  After strange red and black stuff swirled around Nathaniel, he was fine. 

I had to build up the courage to ask Vlad what he had done.  He was a vampire. 

I was very scared but for some strange reason, I wanted to become a vampire too.  That way, I could be a like them.  It probably seemed crazy to Vlad, but he said he would do it anyway.  I got very excited as the as adrenaline pumped through my veins. 

But I was also scared.  Would it hurt?, I had thought.  Then, Vlad prepared to bite in.  It was a strange sensation, not painful at all as Nathaniel had made it look although it did surprise me.

The black and red smoke flew around me just as it had around Nathan.  Up close, I realized they were bats.  Ohh, bats and vampires, I get it. Duh.

After the bite, Nathaniel, Vladimir, and I resumed our usual routine.  Reading, working, working out, socializing, etc.  I even went fishing and found a hidden treasure, a money tree seed.
Nathaniel also took some time off of his job, to supervise us and he wanted to make sure that he was there when we turned.

After two days, we were all in the apartment when we saw Nathaniel turn into a vampire.  I kind of missed it because I wasn't facing his direction but all of a sudden his eyes started glowing, his skin radiated with perfection, and his teeth were bared.  His skin hadn't changed.  It was still a dark shade of purple and his hair was still white purple.  It was just his eyes.  They were beautiful to my human eyes.  Bright shimmery purple.

For a while I couldn't stop looking at how he looked like a vampire.  The only thing that stopped me was a sudden tornado of red and black circled around me.  I was being engulfed by these bats.  For a split-second I was about to scream.  Then I remembered that I was bitten not long after Nathaniel and that I must be becoming a vampire too.  I was right. 

When the swirling stopped, Vlad and Nathaniel were looking at me with awe.  I was amazed at my transformation and flexed my muscle to feel just how powerful I was. 

When I saw myself in the mirror, I had glowing eyes and fangs just like Vlad and Nathaniel.  My eyes were a brilliant green, as you see now.  After becoming vampires, Vlad, Nathaniel, and I created a small band called "The Vamps."  We were pretty good.  I knew that my acting career was over so I decided to move back home to Sunset Valley.  Nathaniel decided to come too but Vladimir wanted to stay.  He like the atmosphere of the city lights and the bustling traffic.  Our band had come to an end.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

CALISTA'S POINT OF VIEW

"And that," he concluded, "is what made this."

He gestured to his face with his hands.  I clapped as if he had just finished a show and he stood up and bowed.  We laughed at our little act.

"You, Calista," he said, pulling me off the couch and into his arms, "would make... a fine... act... tress."

His arms were on my waist and his lips crushed against mine, it hurt a little but it was still enjoyable.  I guess being a vampire gave one immense strength.  He was pretty good given his age and experience level and his pointy teeth didn't even get in the way like I had feared.

"Is there anything you can't do?" I murmured, as we made out way to the bedroom, still kissing. 

"Well, there's the sun... and garlic... but other than that... no," he responded faintly as we fell onto the bed.

His sweet vampire breath drifted faintly on my face, luring me closer to him.  It smelled faintly of blood.  Human blood. 

"Can you take a drink from me?  I think I can take it," I challenged Edmund after we were done.

He started to pull away from our embrace.  I thought he was offended or was refusing but all of a sudden he took my arm and gently, bit into it.  It didn't hurt, it was more surprising than painful.  Then, I felt myself feeling faint.  He must have sensed that in my body because he stopped and caressed me as gently as he could.  As I looked closely at his bare skin, I noticed bite marks on his neck that looked rather painful.

"There, it's done," he said, quietly.  "Not too bad, was it?"  All I could do was nod.  "I really wish I didn't have to do that kind of thing to people I love," he added.  Then, he parted ways with me because the sun was coming up and he had to get home.

The kids, especially Porfirio, were very interesting in my vampire bite.  Porfirio was always asking questions about vampires.

"Hey mom, someday can I become a vampire, I think it would be cool," he asked curiously.

"Well sweety, I'm not going to let you do that until your grown up.  And by then you might not want to be a vampire.  But if you still do, there's nothing I can do to stop you.  Once you're an adult, I am not in charge of you and you have to start making your own decisions.  Maybe, you can ask one of your siblings to change you," I added, patting my belly.

He seemed satisfied with the answer and got up to put his plate away.  I breathed a sigh of relief that the conversation had gone well and better than I had thought it would.

When I got home, Apollo was waiting for me with the cutest little face.  I just had to take out my camera for that!

I fed Apollo and taught him some new words.  He liked all the words that had to do with partying and having fun such as movie, party, dance, and fun.  He was quite the chatterbox.

Later that day, before the kids got home, Ashlee from the paparazzi came.  For once, I decided to play along with the game.  I tried to draw attention to myself by making a big fuss over my clothes.  I know, I look downright creepy.

It was silly but it worked.  She got her camera out and started snapping pictures.

"I can't wait to tell my boss," I heard her exclaim.

When the kids came home, she just about cried.

I invited Ashlee inside and she started recording everything that was going around in the Smith household.  What we wore, what we liked and disliked, and she interviewed the kids and me about the 100 Baby Challenge.  She even helped Orchid with her homework.

Then she left just as excited as she had come.

"Well, that was weird," I said aloud.

"No kidding," the kids replied in unison.

I watched some kids television with Porfirio and Orchid.  While we were watching, Orchid became a two-star celebrity and she was just a child!  It was crazy.

Later that month, while I was tidying up the house, my vampire baby or babies stirred inside of me.  It felt very different than having a human baby.  I hoped it was safe but I had heard of many other challenge mother's going through this and they were fine so that got me feeling better.

I found time to read a brand new updated pregnancy help book.  Unfortunately, there wasn't anything I didn't already know even though it said that it was a new version.

Being such a big-time celebrity for this little town, I decided to test my luck at an exclusive lounge: The Prosper Room.

Apparently, I needed to dress formally for this lounge so I quickly put on my mom's wedding dress, which really didn't fit for this occasion but I had nothing at that moment that would fit over my growing abdomen.  I put "buy a  fancy party dress" on the list in my head.

Oh no, the elevator!  I chose what floor I wanted (floor 21), closed my eyes, and soon I was at the top.

Maybe I wasn't overdressed, the lounge looked quite formal, now that I could actually see what it looked like.  The bouncer at the door, Janell Shell (it rhymes!), didn't even turn her head as she let me pass.  Whew!  There weren't many celebrities in this town so maybe I had it easy.

I spotted Edmund playing the piano.

"Wow Eddy (he smiled when I called him that) I didn't know you were so talented!" I exclaimed, amazed.

He looked very handsome with his hair slicked back.

I jammed out on the drums but I knew it didn't sound good.

The mixologist looked lonely so I sat down and ordered an olive platter.  She complimented my dress and I found our her name was Carla Haines.  While I ate, she cleaned the already spotless counter.  This was a bit awkward because besides the mixologist, the bouncer, and the pianist, there wasn't anyone else there.

It was very private and romantic especially with Edmund's lovely piano music so I slowly danced to the music.  Too bad Edmund didn't dance with me.


Apollo clapped his hands.  It was his birthday!

Apollo, baby 26, as a child.  He kept to his same hairstyle.

Then the triplets.  Porfirio, baby 23, went for the bald look.   Next Orchid, baby 24, tied her beautiful purple hair into a bun.

Lastly, Violet, baby 25.  She had very mature features so she looked older than a teen.  She hated that about herself.  She secretly admired her older triplet sister, Orchid, for looking so young and beautiful.  It saddened me to watch her trying to be someone she wasn't.  Why couldn't she be satisfied with how she looked?  She really hated how her face looked like "a middle-aged woman's face" as she had put it.

I did agree with her but instead of hating it like she did, I thought it was one of her best features.  She looked responsible and trustworthy.  She didn't want to accept that, sadly.  She wore short, tight dresses that didn't flatter her body nor did she look comfortable in them just to be like her sister and she put on way too much make-up (I don't know why she even wore make up because Orchid didn't wear it).  She styled her hair in a way that I knew she didn't like but she did it to feel "cool."  It made me so sad to see her like this.

She kept complaining about how "ugly" and unappealing she was.  When she found out that Orchid had a football playing boyfriend, I thought her head would burst.  I decided to sign her up for therapy.  I had to help her, she wasn't happy and I feared the worst.  One weekend, I asked Orchid if she would talk to her sister and try to convince her to be who she was.  Orchid knew that her sister was jealous of her so Orchid agreed to help her sister.   Here was their conversation:

Orchid: I need to talk to you Violet.
Violet: (suspicious) Okay?
(They sit down at the table)
Orchid: (gets right to the point, as directed by me) I know that you are jealous of me and that you admire Mike (her boyfriend) and I.
Violet: (pouts) I do not.  What would make you think such a thing?
Orchid(sighs)  It's very obvious.  Just look at yourself.  Your too tight clothes, too much make-up, and very childish hair.  Look, just so you know, if you just act like yourself, people will start to enjoy your company.  By trying to be something your not, that is what makes people not want to be with you.
(Long, long  pause, but not an awkward one)
Violet: (thinking) Well, I guess that makes sense....
Orchid: (quickly, before Violet changes her mind) Good.  Now go fix yourself up the way you know you want to, we're going to go out shopping, just you and me.
Violet: Sure! (walks away with a smile on her face and a much more confident appearance)

One day I was going to drive her to the therapist's office when she came to me, make-up free and wearing her comfortable clothes that screamed "Violet!," and she told me that she loved the way she was and didn't need to go to therapy.  I was overjoyed and I hugged her for a long time.  She was 100% her.

"You are so special, don't ever forget.  I love you the way you are, my beautiful girl," I said, crying tears of joy.  Later I thanked Orchid for having talked to Violet. 

The due date was coming soon.  As I was about to walk downstairs, I felt like I had peed my pants.  My water broke!

I rushed down the steps, trying to make it to the hospital but I knew the birth couldn't wait.  I sidetracked in to the closest room - the girl's nursery - and right on time because as I stepped in the room baby 27 was born.  A boy, just as the doctor had predicted.  I named him Ambrogio Cordon.  Ambrogio means "immortal."  He had a normal skin tone.

Right after Ambrogio was born, I felt another twinge and I immediately put Ambrogio in the nearest crib.  Baby 28 came into the world.  Another boy whom I named Erebus Klein.  Erebus means "nether darkness."  He had his father's skin tone.

Triplets!  It seems as though I am all of a sudden having them like crazy!  I named baby 29 Vladimir Antonio.  Vladimir means "to rule with greatness."  He also had his father's skin tone like Erebus.


 

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING POST ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! KEEP THEM COMING :)
    I'm super excited for the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..hopefully some are vampires :)

    ReplyDelete