Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Babies 23, 24, and 25

The triplets became quite a handful compared to the other children. I definitely wasn't as prepared for taking care of so many babies at one time. Every day was more feeding, more changing, and a lot more crying.

It was so chaotic.  It seemed that right when I had free time, someone would start crying asking to be fed or rocked.  Some days I felt like giving up.

Times were not all bad, Hans got on the honor roll and Xanthe lettered in band and track.  Sometimes the triplets would give me a much needed break.  Belle, for example, was a very sweet little girl.  At night, when I would put her to bed she would reach out her little arms to me and smile tiredly, trying to grab my hand.

Right when we had all gotten into a functional routine, birthday time came around.  The triplets grew up first.  Here is baby Annabelle blowing out her candles.

Baby 20, Annabelle, had her father's white-blond hair and red eyes along with my skin tone.  She was pretty cute with her blue  pigtails and her purple "I love you too" shirt.  I was so glad that the father's genes were more present.

Baby 21, Alexander, had our family's blond hair, his father's red eyes, and his father's translucent skin.

Baby 22, Augustine, had blue hair, his father's red eyes (again), and he also had his father's pale skin tone.  I was impressed.  This was so cool!  It was rare (based on how my challenge was going so far) for the babies to have a lot of their father's genes but these triplets beat the odds.

Baby 19, Hans.  By just looking at his face, one wouldn't know he was a teenager.  He looked so much older having his father's features.

Baby 18, Xanthe grew up into a young adult.  He still had a shaved head which made him appear very tall and lean.  His traits are workaholic, vehicle enthusiast, family-oriented, genius, and athletic.  His sign is Virgo and his lifetime wish is the same as mine, to be surrounded by family.  Xanthe decided to go into the fashion career and despite his lack of hair, his favorite thing to do it style peoples' hair.

Right after Xanthe had left, Hans and I taught the toddlers their necessary skills.  I taught August to talk while Hans taught Belle to walk.  Alex would have to wait.  There was only two of us to teach the three of them.

The triplets' toddler years were surprisingly much easier than when they had been babies.  I really got to know them and learn their personalities. 

Belle was the shy and sweet one.  Perhaps I would be too, if I had had two brothers my age. 

I really enjoyed being with her.  Her personality was great and I loved her blond pigtails! 

She loved sleep more than either of them.  She would take many naps and sleep many hours a night without constantly waking like her brothers did.  The reason for that is probably because she doesn't share a room with anyone except me occasionally.

Alex was the whiner.  He would cry and cry about everything.

If he wasn't crying, pooping, sleeping, or learning, he was eating.  He loved eating and the doctor said that he was growing very rapidly and therefore had a lot of cramp and aches.  That might have explained the crying.  He also had some of his teeth growing in.  Two on the top and two on the bottom.

August was the one who was most eager to learn.

He was a lot like Hans in that sense, which was good.  He learned the fastest and when ever I saw him he would be playing his xylophone or asking Hans to read him a book. 

The triplets were very different but they still got along.  Sometimes I would find them all playing blocks in Belle's room or playing their instruments and peg box in the boys' rooms.  They were so cute and they seemed to enjoy each other's company.

Hans was a great help.  He would potty train the tots and teach them many things he had learned in school, even if they didn't understand.  I knew that they would soon look up to him and see him as a role model.

He even managed to keep an amazing 4.0 GPA. 

After cleaning up the house a little, I invited the next man over to my house for the challenge whom mom had suggested for me.  His name was Victor Vampirich.  Victor has purple hair, purple eyes, and pale blue skin.  Victor's traits are charismatic, daredevil, evil, genius (and he is also an evil genius), and lastly, insane which I think sums up everything pretty well.  His sign is Aries and his lifetime wish is to be the emperor of evil.

We chatted for a while, he seemed uncomfortable with the whole ordeal.

After a while, he became a little more relaxed.  We kissed a little bit and held hands.  His facial hair tickled my face.  I'm not really a fan of beards or mustaches (I don't think I like hats either).

He was still very tense so I serenaded him with my great guitar skills.  That seemed to loosen him up a bit. 

Then he was ready and we got to work.

He was very tired so I let him sleep in my bed.  I must have drifted off to sleep without knowing because the next thing I knew it was 4 in the morning.

Victor was still snoring so I woke him up and asked him to leave.  I didn't want this to become a habit.

Alex and August were best buds.  They have the same hairstyle albeit the different hair color.

They did everything together.  And I mean EVERYTHING.

Because I wasn't as concentrated on getting triplets this time around, I was able to do other fun and enjoyable activities.

Out of curiosity, I went to my niece to find out the gender of my baby.  First we talked a little bit and she congratulated me on my pregnancy.

Then Gina told me it was boy.

Playtime for the little ones.

On the weekend, Hans said he would help take care of the triplets so one weekend I went out on a little outing.  I met many familiar faces and some new people too.  

First, I met my son-in-law, Elias Kuan, who is married to my seventh baby, Elvira.  I told him how my pregnancy was and that I was already on baby 23 right now.  His children, my grandchildren, Ella and Evie, were playing on the ground.  He told me it was his turn to take care of the twins since Elvira was running errands.  I started walking away when I heard crying.  It was one of my grandchildren, Ella, in Elias's arms.  Elias was very confused.  In his confusion he set the toddler down, which made her cry even more. 

"I don't know what to do to make her stop crying," he complained his orange eyes darting around anxiously.

With expert moves, I was able to calm down Ella.  I even made her laugh. 

"She just needed her diaper change and some attention," I instructed Elias.  I wondered how he hadn't notices the foul odor coming from his daughter. 

He thanked me.  "No problem, I do this all the time!" I responded.

You know, if he wasn't already married to my daughter, I might consider him to participate in the challenge.

I met Autumn Cusack, the old pizza deliverer.  I don't know if you remember (she didn't) but she delivered the pizza for my birthday party when I had become a young adult.   It was getting dark so I went home, tired, and there were hungry mouths waiting for me.

I invited Victor over.  It was the polite thing to do.  I wanted to let him know how the baby or babies were doing, but he had other things on his mind.  Apparently I hadn't been strict enough on enforcing one of the challenge rules: no commitment.  He grabbed me and started kissing me.  Apparently he wasn't shy now.  He got a little carried away.  I tried to pull away.

I did my best to get him to stop.  Fortunately for me, I went into labor before he could continue.  He got really freaked out.

"Call the hospital!" I screamed at him.

He just kept dancing so I drove myself.  I think Hans was able to get some sense back into the poor guy because a little later, he arrived in the room where I was giving birth.  Unfortunately, he was freaking out so much at my cries of pain that the doctor had to ask him to leave.  

Later, I came out with another baby carrier.  TRIPLETS!  I couldn't wait to let them see their new home!  First came baby 23, a boy I named Porfirio Vick.  Porfirio means purple.

After putting Porfirio in his crib I brought out baby 24, a little girl I named Orchid Elizabeth, which also means purple.  She had Victor's pale blue skin.

Lastly, baby 25, Violet Elisabeth which, as you probably know and can guess, also means purple (I'm 1/4 of the way done with my challenge).  I named them after Victor's many shades of purple.  My second set of triplets.  It seemed as though I wouldn't have any and now I have had two in a row.  What luck!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

FAMILY UPDATE

Okay, now I have updated you on all of the children up to baby 11 so now we are up to Rose, baby 12.  For a while, Rose didn't really want to get married, settle down, and have kids.  She certainly had enough men who wanted to marry her so when she did decide to start a relationship she was very picky.  Corban Sweet caught her eye and within months they were married.  Rose explained to me that his hair was what had first attracted her to him.  It was full of different hues of the rainbow.  He had red, yellow, green, and blue hair with cheerful bright green eyes and stubble.

They chose to only get pregnant once and they ended up with two adorable babies.

Here are the two girls as toddlers.  They named their first baby Liliana (Lily for short).  She had blond hair that probably came from her grandfather, Peeta Mellark (Rose's father) and sweet brown eyes.  Rose and Corban were very surprised by her eyes color because no one that they were related to had medium brown eyes.  Lily's twin, Petunia, had more of Corban and Rose's features.  She had Corban's rainbow hair and Rose's bright blue eyes.

[Did you guys notice something that I hadn't when I had named the twins?  I'll give you a hint:  Harry Potter.  YES!  Lily and Petunia, Harry's mother and aunt.  I did not do this on purpose.  It's so funny how things like that seem to occur.]

Having two cuties in the house must have triggered a parenting instinct in Rose and Corban because right after they had their daughters they tried again for another baby.  I was surprised because they had said that they didn't want any more.  Two soon-to-be-big-sisters.

The big day came and they came out of the hospital with shock on their faces.  TRIPLET GIRLS!  Rose was ecstatic when I got a call from the hospital.  I could barely tell what she was saying to me she was so excited.

They named the first triplet Violeta.  She was a miniature of Rose with her blue hair and bright blue eyes.

The second triplet was named Marigold.  She had her grandfather's blond hair just like Liliana.  In fact, Marigold looked exactly as Lily did because she had the blond hair and brown eyes (I found this quite a rare event especially with the fact that nobody has brown eyes in out family).  To make her look more like Lily, Rose fashioned Marigold's hair into the same style as Lily's had been in.

That last born triplet was named Dandelion.  She had strange dark brown hair and blue eyes.

Jacob, baby 13, chose not to have any children or start a relationship.  He preferred to focus on working in the city prison to teach the thieves and crooks why not to steal.  The twins, Sienna and Scarlett babies 14 and 15 however, both married wonderful men.

Sienna married Jake Moore.  He had dark black green hair and handsome dark eyes.  He was working on becoming an actor.

Jake and Sienna had twins, Courtney and Claire.  Courtney had blue hair and blue eyes.  She looked a lot like Sienna.  Claire had her grandfather's (Red Colore) reddish hair and round medium brown eyes.

Scarlett married Solemon Knore.  He had reddish-orange hair and eyes.  His skin was a beautiful shade of milk chocolate brown.

They had a boy named Douglas.  He had his mother's black hair, his father's brown skin, and unique pale grey-blue eyes.  I knew he'd grow up to be quite handsome.

They tried for another baby who looked just like Scarlett did as an infant, except for the fact that he was a boy.  They named him Scar after Scarlett (I thought it sounded a little to violent for a little baby).

Scar was the exact boy version of Scarlett with his pink skin, black hair, and blue eyes.  I definitely see resemblance between mother and son.  Good thing he was named after her!

Babies 16 and 17, Flame and Blaze married identical twins Lily and Violet Pascella.  They both had purple hair and purple eyes and pink skin.  They were identical.  The only difference was their hair.  Lily had a side bun whereas Violet kept her hair down in soft, long, curls.

Flame and Lily had twins: Clarissa and Christy.  Clarissa had normal skin, blue hair, and her mother's purple eyes.  Christy had a slightly paler pink skin tone than her mother, she had her grandfather's (Clement Colore) orange red hair tied in long, straight braids.  Like many of her relatives, she had mysterious light brown eyes.

[Gosh, so many of the grand kids are getting those brown eyes!]

Blaze and Violet had twin: Marissa and Larissa.  Marissa had blue skin, blue hair, and blue eyes and Larissa had blue skin like her sister, long wavy blond hair tied together in two pigtails, and her mom's purple eyes.

Xanthe married a sweet woman named Meredith Flemming.  She had purple-blue hair and pale purple eyes.  They had met on the beach when Xanthe was fishing and fell in love instantly.

Soon, Meredith was pregnant and delivered healthy twins.  The older twin, Isla, had bright orange skin, brown hair, and blue eyes.  The younger twin, Isaac, had black hair and his grandfather's (Sunny Colore) orange eyes.

Meredith and Xanthe both had the Surrounded by Family lifetime wish and they loved kids and wanted more so they tried again and ended up with twin boys, Ivan and Isaiah.  Ivan had Meredith's blue-purple hair and his father's blue eyes.  Isaiah had Xanthe's yellow hair (with the curls from his mother) and grey eyes.  Surprisingly none of the kid's acquired Xanthe's skin tone except for Isla.  Also, all the kids had a different hair color.  It was amazing how genetics worked!

Meredith and Xanthe tried again for one more baby.  They crossed their fingers it would be a little girl, since they had 3 boys already.  Yes, it was a girl!  They named her Iris.  What a lot of "I" names!  She had adorned her long blue-purple hair with flowers and her eyes were a shocking orange from her grandfather (Sunny Colore).  All of Meredith and Xanthe's children were unique and had different physical features (although none of them got Meredith's purple eyes).  I loved them!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE

Thank you Parsimonious!  Download Victor here along with his other friends/family.

10 comments:

  1. Your (Calista's) grandchildren look so adorable! Congrats on another bunch of triplets. :)

    -Destiny Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poset :D!!!!!!!! The updates on the grandkids was perfect :) keep it up! :)


    http://catherinebell100challenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I always like it when other challenges post updates on the children. To me it makes it so much more interesting and I like seeing the genetics get passed down. I hope it wasn't too confusing because I always get a little confused on who the people are when reading other challenges. Anyway... thanks again for reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, how fun that you gave the two new girls Elisabeth as their middle names, that's my name as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Liliana!! I literally squealed since its a pretty rare... Pretty awesome legacy thus far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! I don't really like the beginning of my challenge... fortunately, the writing and the pictures get better as you read (in my opinion). :D

      Delete
  6. Fantastic! :) I'm in love with your challenge! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your grand baby iris she is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. how do you get other households to have babies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed the active household. I know that's technically not allowed in the rules for a 100 BC but I don't really follow the rules. :P

      Delete