Thursday, March 10, 2011

Babies 20, 21, and 22: First Triplets!!!

A few days after Hans' birth, the grandson of the great Albert Einstein passed away.  I cried sad and happy tears.  Sad tears for the obvious reasons - he was gone and would never be able to see his son - and happy for the fact that he lived long enough to meet and hold his only son, which was his one wish.

Luckily, I had a photo of me, Hans, and Albert, which I would keep forever.  I was glad that I had that photo to show Hans once he got older.  He would be one of the few children of mine that would never get the chance to see his father.

I tried to visit his grave in Pleasant Rest Graveyard at least once a week.  Although I had not known the dear man long, I felt like I had lost a best friend.  His grave was under a very old tree, as old as he was.

I tried to visit at least once a week and for a few months I wouldn't be able to go there without bursting into tears.  I didn't really know any other way to deal with the pain.

All the kids had A's in school, Xanthe had learned his necessary skills, and Hans was ready to become a toddler.  First Hans, baby 19, grew up.  He had the blue eyes and blue hair from my side of the family (this made me remember wondering what color Albert Einstein's hair had been, the thought of asking him while he was alive hadn't even occured to me).

Xanthe, baby 18, went next.  He shaved off all his yellow hair.

Then the twin Flame and Blaze, babies 16 and 17.  You may notice that Blaze is the only one of my boys at this time to actually have hair.

Babies 14 and 15, Sienna and Scarlett became young adults!

Scarlett trimmed some of her long hair off.  I really liked her new look.

As I was saying goodbye to them, a very pale man driving a very nice car came over.  Coincidentally, his name was also Albert (nickname: Al) Albanine.

[I swear, I didn't do this on purpose.  I had actually made Albert Albanine before I decided to use Albert Einstein.  When I had thought of the idea of using Albert Einstein, I had completely forgotten that I was planning on using Albert Albanine.  This is so weird because Albert isn't a very popular name!  I mean, how many Albert's do you know?  I certainly don't know any!]

Up close, I noticed his eyes were a pale red and I could practically see through his translucent skin.  He had a very tired look to him.

"Sorry to intrude, do you mind if I come in?" he asked politely.  Silently I nodded and gestured a friendly welcome.  I don't know why but he kind of intimidated me with his strange look.

As he walked in he handed me this letter.  "This will explain everything," he said looking at me.  That's when I realized I had been staring at him.  I blushed, embarrassed.  A few minutes later I gasped as I read the letter and almost started tearing up.

After reading the letter twice I looked up to see him looking at me with those pale red eyes.

"You really want to do the challenge?" I asked dumbly.

"Yes," he replied. "I know that you want triplets very badly and so I have worked very hard in my career as a school teacher under your father's teaching, I believe.  I also helped my friend, Caleb Sierra, as a doctor's assistant.  Long story short, I have accumulated enough lifetime happiness points to get the fertility treatment.  I want to help you get triplets.  I hope my appearance is unique enough for your challenge.  The reason I look like this is because I have albinism.  That is why my eyes look red and my hair is nearly colorless.  I don't really like it because then people think I am older than I really am.  I'm 26 by the way.  Sorry I'm talking so much.  What do you think, do you agree?"

"Of course!!!  I really want triplets and have been working my butt off tryi...."

I was really excited now but before I could finish speaking his lips were lock onto mine.  I know this is mean but I hadn't expected him to be able to kiss this well.  He was pretty cute now that I think about it.  I wondered how he was in bed....

I wanted to continue but then I realized that I should probably wait for Flame and Blaze to move out before I got pregnant.  Since Sienna and Scarlett left there was room for three new babies but I wanted to make sure (100%) that there was room.  I pulled away from Albert (although I really didn't want to) and told him what I was thinking.  He agreed and left soon afterward, promising to come once the older twins were moved out.

Sorry, I forgot to introduce him properly.  Albert Albanine was indeed an albino.  His chalky white skin looked very blue in some lights because it was so translucent.  He had hardly any pigment in his hair and eyes.  They were a pale red from the veins in his eyes, giving him the vampire look.

Waiting for Flame and Blaze to grow up was painful but I didn't tell them I wanted them to grow up.  It might hurt their feelings and I didn't want them to feel rushed.  Over time the kids did many fun things.  Hans learned all his necessary skills such as walking (Oooh, look at that cute little face!), talking, learning to use the potty, and playing the peg box and the drums.  He had definitely gotten his geniusness (is that a word?) from his father.  His hair still hasn't grown through yet....

Sometimes he was a little too smart.  If he got just the tad bit frustrated he would throw the biggest fit over very little things such as falling down when walking.  He was such a perfectionist and he was just a toddler!  If it was serious enough I would pick him up and snuggle him.  That seemed to help a lot and he would calm down right away.

Now that Flame and Blaze were teens, they went out to the ocean and fish for the bigger sea creatures there.  WOW!!  Look at the size of that tuna!

Sea foam splashed them in the face.  It was great to hear them laugh.  Their voices had gotten so much deeper recently and I was still not used to it.

Blaze and Xanthe still kept that strong brotherly bond they had developed when they were younger.  Every night, Blaze would patiently help Xanthe with his homework, even if Blaze didn't understand it himself.

After quite a few months, Flame came up to me and asked why I wasn't pregnant with baby 20 yet.  I didn't want to lie. 

"I'm... um... I'm waiting for you and Blaze to be ready to grow up.  Please don't think you need to rush to grow up, I just want to try having triplets and I want to make this as easy and probable as possible.  But really, I don't want to rush you."

To my utter surprise, Flame said that he had been wanting to ask me if he and Blaze could grow up.  They had A's in school and both wanted to start living independently.  I was very unsuccessful at hiding my joy.

"Yesss!!!" I nearly screamed.  "I mean... of course you can grow up," I said coolly, "I'll call Albert Albanine to tell him he can come over tomorrow and then we'll have the family party tonight.  I just have to buy some cakes...."

Flame gave me a grin that could melt any girls heart.

As planned, Albert would come over tomorrow to conceive the next babies and the boys would grow up right away that night.

Flame, baby 16, as a young adult.  His traits are loner, genius, ambitious, lucky, and heavy sleeper.  His sign is Libra and his lifetime wish is Swimming in Cash.  Now that he was an adult, I could really tell that he had his father's eyes shape whereas Blaze had more of my eye shape.

Blaze, baby 17, as a young adult.  His traits are brave, family-oriented, athletic, ambitious, and handy.  His sign is Libra and his lifetime wish is Presenting the Perfect Private aquarium (try saying that three times fast) .  The other children (Xanthe and Hans) wanted to grow up too.

Xanthe as a teen.  He had very long dark eyelashes despite his hair color.

I could definitely see the Einstein in Hans!

Xanthe and Blaze exchanged a brotherly hug.

"Bye big bro," Xanthe said with a big smile.

"We'll keep in touch little brother," Blazed promised and then he and Flame left the house.  It felt really weird with no toddlers or babies in the house.  Hopefully that would all change within a matter of time.

The next day, Al came over.  We quickly went to bed and right away I heard the lullaby that confirmed my being pregnant.

For quite a long time I would be overcome by cravings and mood swings.  Sometimes I would eat a tub of ice cream and watch the boats go by on the calm ocean.

Then I went into "I need triplets" mode once I found out I was pregnant.  I watched a million hours of kids shows.  One day, Al watched them with me, just to see what they were like and if they had changed since he was little.  Listened to every kids song eight times, and even danced to the music every once in a while.

I also reread all of the pregnancy books another twelve times, as if for the first time.  Al read them with me.  He was going to be a great dad.

Somewhere along the line, I got the chance to ask a professional doctor, Julius Bunch, what the gender of my baby was.  It was a girl!  I really wanted triplet girls.

Instead of going to the spa for a massage, I chose to get the real thing: a massage from Al.  While he smoothed out the kinks in my back I thought of all positive things about this pregnancy and even tried to talk to the babies telepathically.  I CAN have three babies.  I need to.  Please, baby, I need there to be three of you in there.

While I was talking and thinking to my unborn triplets (please!!!) the two (yes, only two) children in the house were learning skills and having a great time.

When I wasn't watching kid shows, Hans and Xanthe used the big t.v. to play video games and they were very good.  Xanthe had a great time knowing that he was the older brother now.  He wanted to be to Hans what Blaze had been to him: a role model and a great friend.

Xanthe turned out to have a love of fishing just like his older brothers.  He would go down to the beach on warm afternoons and fish until night.  Sometimes Hans would go to the beach with Xanthe.  He loved the time they spent together.  Xanthe taught Hans all about the different types of fish and fishing tales.  Hans especially liked it when his big brother admired his catch, even if it was a teeny one.

As I was cleaning up the kids' rooms, I notice that there wasn't anything swimming in the fish tank.  Patrick was dead!  Poor Xanthe had the dirty job of cleaning out the dead fish and flushing it down the toilet in hopes that in case Patrick was somehow feigning his death, he would be free in the ocean again.

Near the due date, I felt my water break in the middle of the night.  I grumbled out of bed, exhausted.

The pain was different than any pregnancy yet.  I hoped that meant something good!

The labor was my longest and after spending the whole day in the hospital, I was finally able to leave that night.  I was so excited when I walked home with a baby carrier.  I was EXCITED!

Finally, I pulled out the little babies in the carrier.  First came a little girl I named Annabelle (Belle) Ann.

Second, a little boy I named Alexander (Alex) Bryan.

And... wait for it...

Another boy!  Triplets!  I named him Augustine (August) Trent.  I had triplets!  I was so excited.  Notice that all the names have nine letters in them, they are/can be all shortened, and they all start with A.

I snuggled August.  Although my back was hurt and sore, I was elated and filled to the brim with joy.  TRIPLETS!  I thought.  You heard me!

That night, we all went to bed happy and content.  Would it stay this peaceful or were triplets more that I bargained for?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE

I am sorry if I have been annoying you with the whole triplet thing.  I promise I will stop... for now.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVED it :) Great post!! I loved both Albert and Al as dads! So sad to see Albert go :(.. however, I hope Al continues to visit during his son's and daughter's lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! Congratulations on the triplets! And multi-gendered too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch for the wonderful comments! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I was really excited when I saw that last baby come out of the carrier. I had finally gotten what I had hoped for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! Triplets!! :) I hope Al keeps being a good daddy.

    ReplyDelete