Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Baby 95 - Part 2 of 2: Darn it, I got dirt on my §500 boots

Adam made me sit in front with the taxi driver and he sat behind and occupied the boys in the back seat.  Occasionally one of the boys' conversations drifts towards me, but other than that I am silent for the ride.  We stop in front of Adam's house and I glance at Adam with a confused look of alarm.

"Are we going to the training area?"

"Dex likes to train a smaller area so I suggested that he train at my house.  I have the stables and everything so his horse can easily fit in," Adam explains.

We walk out of the vehicle, pay the taxi driver, and stand on the border of Adam's soon-to-be-someone-else's property.  Dexter is already there, primping and pruning his horse, Sasha.  Sasha nickers and whinnies loudly.

"Horses are so much bigger in real life...," Parker points out.

"I'm not sure if I want to do this.  Will she step on me?"  Seth worries.

"Don't worry boys, Mr. Salvan here is an experienced horse trainer," I reassure them.  "He's also quite the comedian," I add bluntly.

"You got something against Dex, Calista?"  Adam peers at me.

I brush him off.  "No, he's great," I reply sarcastically.

Adam gives me a confused look but decides not to pester me more.

"Adam and I will be over here if you need us," I tell the boys.

Adam and Dexter bring over a bench from around the corner before starting the lessons with the boys.  Adam and I sit down and he attempts to flirt but I'm in no mood with that jerk around.

"Very good, Parker!"  Dexter praises Seth.

"Actually, I'm Seth...," But Dexter doesn't seem to hear him.

I really want to punch this guy.  And - thank to Adam - I could probably beat the ponies out of this horse man.  I can't believe I'm letting him into my challenge.  I'm a bit relieved that, as far as I'm concerned, behavior isn't always genetic.

"Okay, now it's your turn," Dexter instructs, pointing to Parker.

"I don't know...,"

"Oh come on, you'll be fine.  There's nothing to be scared about."

Dexter seems to be a fail at assuaging and consoling little kids.  No wonder he's single.  Actually, I have no clue if he's single.  I'm just assuming it because he's so rude and immature.

I'm at my wit's end and start to stand up angrily when Adam's points and says, "Look."

Somehow Dexter's interesting and seemingly rough teaching methods work (or the boys just learn differently) because I suddenly see Parker and Seth leading Sasha around the yard.

And they're laughing.

They're frickin' laughing.

I shake my head and roll my eyes in annoyance.  The entire hour goes by without a single accident and by the end both boys have gotten a chance to ride Sasha by themselves and they each know how to make Sasha turn, trot, stop, and even walk backwards.

After their lesson, it's my turn.  And I'm not looking forward to it.

"Did you have fun, boys?"  I ask as Dexter gives Sasha a small break at the water trough.

"Yeah, it was really fun," Seth exclaims.

"I wouldn't mind doing it again," Parker admits shyly.

"Hey guys, I need to go in and give Kadie a bath.  She seems to be scratching too much and I believe she has fleas," Adam announces.

"Sounds good.  We'll be out here if you need us."

"Ready, Calista?"  Dexter says in a joking tone.

"What's the supposed to mean?"  I ask rudely.

"Well to tell you the truth, you don't strike me as the horse type."

Damn, he's right.  But I'm driven to prove him wrong.

"I love horses!  I just don't have much experience with them."

I attempt to get up on Sasha without looking too stupid, but unfortunately my foot cannot get a good hold of the stirrups and stupid Sasha can't help but wiggle around.  Is she on his side or what?

"Work with me Sash," I beg.  I nearly start screaming in frustration when I finally get on that thing while praying Sasha doesn't buck me off.

Once I'm situated, Dexter starts to chuckle.

"What now, smart guy?"  I grumble.

"It's just that most normal people don't make it onto a horse that quickly."

"You're joking.  Are horse trainers always like you?  And what do you mean 'normal' people?"

"I'm not joking.  And no, I'm one of a kind.  Didn't mean to phrase it that way.  I meant the average person."

"That's better."

Somehow I make it through the torturous lesson which mainly consists of Dexter criticizing me and making a few dirty jokes  along the way.  I feel like punching him numerous times but when I'm at my peak, he throws out a sweet comment that settles my anger, only to boil a few minutes later.

I even pluck up the courage to let go of the reins and wave to the boys.  Of course, they don't seem to notice as they are very occupied with their game.  I don't know where they got those helmets though.  Perhaps Adam had them.

After the lessons I pull Dexter aside.

"I think we're good for lessons now."

"You sure?  You're pretty good."

That comment almost makes me take back what I said.

"... for a girl," he adds chuckling.  "But seriously, you should think of taking more formal lessons."

"I'm fine.  I think we're going to go now," I assure him through gritted teeth.

Dexter sees nothing of my mood.  "Okay, bye Seth!  Bye Parker!"

"Bye, Mr. Salvan!  Mom, I want to come back for more riding lessons.  Can we?"  Seth asks.

"We'll see."  Seeing my kids so eager to continue the lessons makes me feel bad about quitting the lessons for my own personal pet peeves.  Perhaps I'll let the boys continue.  But I definitely won't and I'm sure of that.

Back at home, we spend the next few months playing with the kittens.  They will be growing up soon and ready to go to their new homes quite soon.

My friends Elody Mayberry, Natalie Windfield, and Chloe Moreau come over after I notify them of the cats' recent birthdays.

"Wow, your house is so blue!"  Chloe exclaims.

I don't say thank you because I half expect her to say, "That wasn't a compliment."  But she doesn't.

Instead she says, "It's awesome!"

"Thanks, Chloe.  Blue's my favorite color, in case you didn't notice already."

"How could I not?"  She chuckles and we all join in.

Then I bring out the cats for the girls to see.

"Oh my gosh, they're so much cuter in real life than in the pictures you sent us!"  Elody exclaims.

"Aw, there's my little Cloudy!"  Natalie gushes.

We spend the entire day playing with the cats and they thoroughly enjoy the much needed attention.

"So mom, how do I look?  Awesome right?  Thomas is going to love this!  Eeek, I'm so excited!"  Kyla babbles.

"Darling, you're stunning but I'm sure Thomas is going to love you no matter what you're wearing."  I actually look at her outfit and realize she's wearing very minimal clothing.  Her shirt is a bit revealing.

"Actually, I'd advise you to wear something that covers up a little more of this," I gesture to her chest region.

"Mom," she rolls her eyes but reluctantly agrees and walks out the door in a cute long sleeved shirt under her vest and some cropped leggings under her skirt.

I start to change when a knock comes to the door.  I don't have a shirt on at the moment so I grab my discarded shirt and hug it against my body.

Thank God I had that shirt handy because it's not one of the kids standing in front of me.

"Adam!?  How-how'd you get in," I panic, hugging the shirt tighter across my chest.

"Your daughter let me in.  If you're busy I can leave...," he says cautiously, trying so hard to avert his eyes.

"No, I'm okay.  Uh, just a second."  And I shut the door in his face.

"Really, I can leave," his muffled voice repeats.

"It's good.  I'm good!"  I slip on my shirt as fast as possible and open the door five seconds later.

"Come in, come in."

"This is your room.  It's beautiful.  I should take some more decorating advice from you."

I laugh.  "So, may I ask what you're doing here, purple?"

"Just visiting a friend.  I didn't get a chance to say good-bye to you back when you were taking lessons at my house, so I thought I'd visit you."

"Oh Adam, we talked on the phone, remember?"

"Yeah, but how could I resist visiting you?  You're so special to me, Calista.  And I miss seeing your face."

I glance up at him.  "Really?"

"Really.  Oh, I almost forgot," he exclaims.  "These are for you."

"Aw, purple!  One of my favorite colors, after blue of course.  Oh my, they're lovely.  Thanks Adam!  What's the occasion?"

"Well, I was going to ask you if you'd like to go on another date with me."

I think for a moment.  Do I want this to get serious?  I mean, how does a date work?  We already had one and that went well.  Is he expecting anything from me on this second one?  Let's see, what did Luke and I do on our first date?  Oh right, we never really dated.  And we had sex on our first official meeting.  Hmmm, I know that getting intimate like that on a first "date" isn't the start of a good relationship.  I mean, I read an article about it.  It specifically said, "...please keep those pants on and hormones in check!"  Plus, look how my relationship turned out with Luke.  Yup, down the drain.  Gah, I'm blabbering and I'm not even talking.  Is it even possible to blabber in your thoughts?  Okay, back into reality.

"Sure, Adam!  Any time after my pregnancy would be good," I finally reply.  That'll give me time to look up some more dating advice because looking back at my relationship with Luke, I'll admit, I need every tip I can get.

"Neat, I've got something wonderful planned for the two of us.  I really enjoy spending time with you, Calista.  You're a wonderful woman with a unique personality."

"You're really too kind, Adam.  Oh, and what should I wear this time?"

"Let's see, anything really.  I mean, what you wore last time was eye-dropping but what ever you feel most comfortable in."

We come together for a hug.

"So, are the kids going to try horseback riding again?  I could ask Dexter."

"Oh would you do that for me?  I think they want to but I don't think I'm going to continue.  Let's just say Dexter and I don't really get along.  Well, he thinks we get along, but I don't."

"I've noticed.  And I'm really sorry about that.  But you know, I could always teach you.  I'm not too bad myself.  Just a bit rusty."

"That'd be wonderful."

I give him a small kiss on the cheek and walk him to the door where I look for a taxi.

"How did you manage to get here?  Is your taxi late?  Would you like to borrow my car?"

Adam laughs.  "Actually, I came by foot."

"You walked?"

"I used to be on the college track team so a sort of ran/jogged over here.  I'm definitely not as good as I used to be, but not too shabby if I do say so myself."

"You keep saying that but you weren't even sweaty when you arrived, Mr. I'm-so-fit-I-can't-help-but-subtly-brag-about-it. Stop being so modest."

After another hug, Adam makes his way for home.

A few weeks after Adam's visit, I give birth to baby 95, Aiden Colton Smith.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

FAMILY UPDATE

Of the triplets, only Adalyn and Ivy got married.  Nathaniel decided to go out and join the peace corps down in Bolivia.  Meanwhile, back at home, Adalyn settled down with her short-time boyfriend and environmentalist, Sunn LaPlante.

They have two beautiful daughters, Aleafia and Olivia.

Ivy married Nicholas Daton and gave birth to a courageous spirit, our crazy and lovable Begonia.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE

Thank you to Sara, Chloe, and Hannah for adopting the kittens and giving them wonderful homes and thank you to Chloe again for the name, Aiden.

Thanks for reading!!!  And yes, I'm very happy to have been able to fit this into two parts, instead of my usual three.  :3

In case I haven't told you this recently.... readers, I love you!  Here's some love!  *hugs*

17 comments:

  1. Great post Molly, very eventful!

    The twins were to funny at the horse racing track place, I really love Seth, he seems to be a funny Sim.

    Elody, Natalie and Chloe look amzing in your game, and the kittens looked even better! I was actually going to adopt one but then I decided I didn't need a pet at this time.

    CADAM IS JUST COMING MORE AND MORE TOGETHER!!!

    Kayla looks amazing as a teen, but she must cover up a bit.

    Sunn and Nicholas seem to be perfect husbands for Ivy and Adalya and they sure make good kids!

    Great chapter, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Perhaps you'll need a kitty when the next round of kittens comes by.

      Haha, I know! I love Cadam so much! <3

      I know, I love their kids. Calista's grandkids always look amazing to me.

      Thanks for commenting, Kurtis! :)

      Delete
  2. The cats are so cute ^_^

    Thanks for having Chloe in your post and using the name I suggested! :D

    Only 5 more to go!

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for letting me download her. I really love her hair and I can't wait to use one of her little boys in the challenge. :D

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Chloe!

      Delete
  3. I saw you had a new post, but then I had to go to school... I WAS DYING TO READ IT THE ENTIRE DAY.

    Honestly, Dexter is just a pain in my rear, and I would love to slap him, because I don't get the chance to slap people in real life, but alas, hitting the screen would be pointless.

    Aw, those kitties all together in a bed...it reminds me of the two kittens my best friend has at her house. They're so adorable. ♥

    Calista is hilarious, even when she's thinking. I think I'll give that article a skim...

    All in all, a really lovely post. :D *hugs back because I can*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, crap, I forgot to add something that I wanted to say from the beginning of the comment...

      I really love the title of this post. ^_^

      Delete
    2. I'm glad it gave you something to look forward to. I hope it was worth the wait. ^_^

      I didn't mean to make Dexter mean because I saw him as a lovable character from a book (from which he is named from) but I decided last minute that all the men in this story can't be perfect. I'm still not quite sure what his personality is but for now it's "obnoxious."

      Haha, I just googled the article. :P It did give good tips though....

      I had a very fun time titling the article. I've noticed that you title your posts really well so I decided to give it a try. Hope you don't mind.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Destiny! <3

      Delete
  4. That was.....Awesome! I loved it!

    Im a first time commenter,so hi! XD
    And,I thought the Dexter was a big meanie.I mean GAHHH on him.
    And I laughed when the boys laughed. XD
    The kittens? SOOO CUTE! <3
    Also,I'd like to say thank you.
    For the hug and the blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah! Hello!!!!! *tackle hugs*

      I agree with everything you said. :D

      Thanks for your comment and your hug! *hugs again*

      Delete
  5. Here Dexter seem like a jerk. How are he and Adam friends?????

    Calista seems to be getting more and more wittingly charming. I love it!!!

    I still love the kittehs!!!! So jealous!

    Can't wait to see what Aiden looks like! And Adalyn and Ivy's kids are so precious!

    And hey, I love you too writer!

    ~Megs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I didn't actually think of the problem with Adam and Dexter. I guess I'll have to come up with a solution to that small issue. >.<

      I've been trying to add a bit more humor so I'm glad that's working. She's pretty much thinking that way I think in real life. So I guess you could say she's a reflection of how I would tackle the same situation in my head (I'd be too shy to act like that in real life).

      Gah, thankies for reading, Megs!!!! :D

      Delete
  6. Dexter... >.<

    That man is such a poopy-head. I would take Seth and Parker to another trainer just because I hate him so much.

    Adam is so cuuuuuuuuuutttteeeeee. :D
    I want him in Calista's bed.
    >.>
    <.<

    Just kidding... (Sorta...) They would make cute babies together though. ;D

    Calista is as awkward as I am when it comes to dating. It's fantabulous. We could be mind twinsies!

    Fabulous post! Only five more babies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, poopy-head just made me laugh. Yus, I would definitely take Parker and Seth to Adam for training... if I were Calista.

      Oh you'll be happy in a couple of the future chapters from now. He's trying hard to get to third base and make a home run, if you know what I mean. It's only Calista who's stopping him. :3

      I want so see their babies too! I'm going to have to do a genetics test sometime to see if their babies are cute or not. Frankly, I'm a bit scared.

      Lol, I'm would be even more awkward than her. Twinsies made me laugh too. Idk why....? o.O

      I know! I'm so excited!! Five is my new favorite number.

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Amanda! :]

      Delete
  7. Gah I'm so late on commenting on everything! Anyway, I can't wait to see Cadam's second date! Loved everything about the post! Dexter is just kind of annoying to me. The cats are so adorable!! Now you have only five more babies to go. Great post! AND I will not comment late on the next post!!

    ~Zoe~


    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully written! :) Adam is purrrfect LOL And the kittens are always adorable!!

    Anyway I was wondering how you play in game. Do you control Adam and Dexter and Simon and Luke or only Calista and her children? I've always wondered that...but keep forgetting to ask. And for her grandkids, do you switch households every once and a while and switch Story Progression off to play them or just get lucky? Sorry that was a lot of questions. :)

    Loved it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D

      Yes, I usually control everyone who is in the posts. Sometimes not all at the same time. :3 I switch households a lot. But I always have story progression off. I like to be the one in control of the entire neighborhood.

      Thank you again!

      Delete
  9. I have to say. Begonia's eyes are really quite something. They are absolutely stunning against her skin tone xx

    ReplyDelete