Thursday, August 9, 2012

Baby 92, 93, and 94 - Part 3 of 3

"Come on, Charm.  You want to be fresh and clean, don't you?"

My attempt to console the poor cat fails but eventually I get her comfortable with the water with a soothing voice and bribery.

The dirt permeates through the waters and in three minutes flat the entire tub is grey.  I drain the tub and fill it once again.  This time, the water doesn't get nearly as dirty so I'm able to shampoo her up, dry her off, and comb her long fur.  Sadly, I had to cut a few chunks of matted fur off of her behind but it'll grow back soon.

Charm is gorgeous.  I would have never thought her fur to be such a pure white.  We take her to the vet and discover that she is about two years old, which is equivalent to a twenty-four year old human.  Her eyes are a beautiful hue of bright purple.

That night, she finds comfort on the little cat bed in my room and sleeps a long and restful sleep.

Socially, Charm is a perfect cat for a family like ours.  She fits in so well and fortunately the other cats have taken a liking to her also (or they tolerate her, at the very least).  Unfortunately, in the behavioral area, she's not too hot.

Being an outdoor cat for what seems like her entire life, Charm can sometimes be extremely skittish, as well as, well... wild.  She and her claws are a hazard to almost all of our furniture.  Luckily, the older cats, Aquamarine and Brite, act as guard dogs and will constantly hiss and yowl at Charm if they see her misbehaving.

Other than that fault, she's a well-rounded, perfect-for-a-family cat.  Plus, I think she's starting to get the hang of it.

With the new cat settling into our home, the kids lost interest in her but soon perked up once we brought in a second-hand gumball machine from a store that's going out of business.  With a good paint job and some polishing, it fits right into our household.  I try not to think of the gritty little hands that have probably touched this before it came to us.

While Seth and Parker play in the toy room, the twin girls, Kyla and Evangeline, enjoy watching the fancy light show that the gumball machine makes whenever a coin is inserted.  It must be very amusing because they'll spend hours in front of that thing.

Chewing gum, on the other hand, seems to be a 24/7 hobby.  I constantly have to command the kids to chew with their mouths closed.  I've also instated a gumball rule where they can only chew gum two days a week. If not for the rule, I'd have to pay extra for dentist appointments.
After the long wait, I finally go into labor and welcome babies ninety-two, ninety-three, and ninety-four: Genevieve Quinella, Yasmyna Yulianna, and Quentin Grayson.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

FAMILY UPDATE
Fergus married Katy Zume.  They've decided not to have kids but Katy does run a daycare so they get a nice dose of kid-time from that.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE

I hope you enjoyed this rather short-and-not-interesting-but-still-important post.  And don't worry, Adam will be in the next post.  ;)

Thanks so much for reading!

11 comments:

  1. Gawsh... I need that gum rule in my house. xD

    Charm is so cute! I love how the older kitties are training her. That's just adorable. It's nice that she's getting proper care now.

    I can't wait to see some Adam Cohen in the next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it seems like everyone does. Except me, of course (Oh yes, I'm totally bragging).

      Anyway... Charm is so adorable! I lurve her!

      Mwahahahaha, me neither. :3

      Delete
  2. That gum rule made me laugh so much!!

    Charm is so cute with her pure white fur!

    Nice and sweet ending with Fergus and his wife, I hope there happy together :)

    Great chapter, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could provide some entertainment. I decided to mix things up a bit. I always have colorful cats so I decided to go pure white.

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Charm is so cute ^_^ She's a very pretty cat.

    I love the triplet's names.

    You're so close to finishing!!! :D

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you!

      I love the triplets' names this time around. The reason for their names is that I want every letter of the alphabet to be used for the first letter of Calista's kids' names and I hadn't used G, Q, U, or Y yet.

      I'm so excited to be so close to the end!

      Thanks for commenting, Chloe!

      Delete
  4. Aww Charm is like a little snowball! :)

    Haha I think someone needs to give me gum rule... At least go sugarfree!

    Triplets are cute as always! Gahhhh only six to go! :0

    ~Megs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, a fluffy snowball, that is.

      I'm proud to say I haven't had gum since fifth grade.

      ONLY SIX!!! I'm happy and sad at the same time! Oh goodness.

      Thanks for the comment, Megs! :)

      Delete
  5. That one shot, with Charm sleeping and the other cat rolling onto its back... It's too adorable. <3

    I was about to ask where Adam is... But of course, you can't have EVERY post with Adam in it. You would probably get bored, as would other people, even. The whole scenario of Luke getting dropped on his bottom might replay.

    That, and you need to focus on the kids as well. xD

    Such a nice post! I miss seeing the kitties and kids together.

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I love the sleeping positions that the cats make, they're so cute!

      Hehe, yuppers, Adam will be in the next post as well as the one after that. :3

      I miss having kittens! All of Calista's other cats were getting old.

      ~Calista Smith

      Delete
  6. I want luke :( the gumball machine is awesome. Its like twice the size of the girls ahahah xx

    ReplyDelete