Monday, August 1, 2011

Update - Question #6

Thank you Amanda514 for the lovely Sarong Along with Me dress.  It's so kind of you to gift me when I'm not even able to play Sims!  I really hope Calista can sometime wear this during a special occasion (like on a date...).  Thanks so much!!!!  I love getting gifts, if you would like to gift me click here.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 


Now, onto question #6:

What are your favorite and least favorite things about The Sims 3?



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

My Answer:

I love the fact that with the Sims 3 there is so much customization (with furniture, genetics, etc.), the custom content is great, you can actually make furniture diagonal, unlike in The Sims 2, and the town is an open neighborhood, constantly changing and growing!  Those are some of the random features I can name off the top of my head.

I'd have to say, being so perfect, it's hard to imagine something bad about The Sims 3.  I do have one thing that has always annoyed me: the roof colors.  If I can customize all my furniture, clothing, and Sims, why can't I make funky roof patterns and colors.  I still don't understand that.  That's pretty much all I have to say about The Sims 3.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

I just want to thank all of my followers and those of you who have been commenting for not giving up on me.  I am NOT going to give up on this challenge, no matter how long.  Thanks for the support and for not leaving negative comments (I know of a few blogs where people have been giving the blogger a ton of trash about not putting up new posts and I'm just so glad that hasn't happened to me).

My computer searching has come to a slight pause and there are a few complications but I will continue to write these updates and read other peoples' blogs as well as making improvements on my own blog!  Thanks for reading, commenting, and gifting! :P

9 comments:

  1. My least favorite thing with the sims would be all the glitches and problems that happen in game. Some people loose their saves, some people cannot even get into the game, and then there are the annoying niggles that need to be ironed out.

    My favorite thing would have to be edit town; I never really got the chance to edit specific lots in sims 2, and it makes it feel more special to me to know that I made some of the lots? If that makes any sense at all -_______-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cat. It's me again.

    My Fave+least fave would be:
    My challenge mom, and how much I can customise her in sims 3.
    And the various glitches and Bad CC's.
    I also have a question for you: do you mind If I use Calista in my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a Pottermore account....EEEEEP!! :D

    oh, and umm, yes I LOVE all the different things u can do with Sims, it's AMAZING!!

    I don't like giving birth (lol, such irony on a 100 Baby Challenge) because all my babies turn out retarded, seriously, either they hav white or black hands, or they just....THEY R WIERD OK??

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TcTara - Oooh, I forgot to mention that I hate the glitches too!!! Thanks so much for reminding me and commenting! I like the edit town feature too. I agree, it makes me feel so good to visit a place I've made in the neighborhood.

    @Skye - Thanks for commenting and feel free to use Calista in your blog. I can't wait to see her in your game!

    @Truffle - Cool! I heard about Pottermore but I haven't checked it out. I think I'll check it out now.... Sims's is amazing. Does your game have those bad cc boots that make the babies have black, white, or brown hands? I once had those terrible boots and when I found out that they were the problem I deleted them right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing about sims 3 is all the options in CAS. I also love the open town and how other sims in your neighborhood can have a life too.

    What I don't like is the ceilings and how you have to color them.

    That's pretty much it. :)

    ~Dawn Turner aka Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Truffle...they're the "night time daytime every day shoes"...and they blow...I had them too...you have to take them out with installed content and delete the cache file associated with it.
    Anyway...
    LOL, of course everyone would say the glitches are the things they hate most about the Sims 3...because it's true...sometimes the dang thing gets a case of the "can't help it's" and there's nothing to do but start a new game...it's frustrating, but having said that...

    I'm thinking what I love the most is probably the social interactions of the game...we can make our characters grow up, get married, have an awesome career, travel, become vampires, have babies, all this really awesome stuff, right from the comfort of our computer. It makes me feel accomplished. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite thing of Sims 3? Darn, hard question.

    It's really...everything, almost. Customization options, being able to take awesome close-up pictures, the story progression feature, the open neighborhood, how I can edit almost anything about the Sims, la la la lah.

    My least thing... I haven't really thought about the bad stuff to be honest, just that I'd like less glitches! But if I had to choose something, I would say... When Sims are breaking up, their reactions need to be a bit more realistic and fun (i.e. breaking in to tears, slapping, etc). Actually, it'd be nice if they introduced more actions in the game too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome ^.^
    I really hope that Calista will be able to wear the dress soon. =)
    Anywho, my favorite thing is also the customization. Although, there should be a butt size slider (Yes, seriously. xD) I also love seeing what toddlers look like after aging up. That's always pretty cool.
    My least favorite thing is that a lot of the buildings are rabbit holes (A.K.A. you can't see into them). I also hate some of the glitches (meteors to be specific. >.>)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Dawn - It's good to see that you don't hate much about The Sims 3. I love CAS too and the fact that you don't have to buy your sim's clothes!

    @Cassie - Thanks for informing about the boots. I didn't really know what they were called (I guess I could have looked them up but I'm lazy :D). I agree, the social interactions in the game are way better than the previous sims games.

    @Destiny - Although The Sims 3 has a ton of new interactions they do need a lot more (thank goodness for pose player!). Maybe they'll change that for The Sims 4.

    @Amanda - Thanks again! I hope Calista can wear that dress soon too! I love aging up babies and seeing the resemblance of them to their parents. Watching the genes go from generation to generation is awesome too, although it can get very confusing at times. I never though of the rabbit holes. That's another thing I hate about the game too. I wish we could go inside the buildings. I'd love to see people working at the hospital. There are many creators out there who have copied the rabbit holes and turned them into actual lots that you can see inside. Of course, I'm assuming they don't really work as actual rabbit holes do but they still look good and work well for stories.

    ReplyDelete