Saturday, August 20, 2011

Baby 47: Part 2

I just want you guys to know:

I AM SO HAPPY TO FINALLY HAVE THIS POST OUT!!!!!!!  *CHEERS*
 
Thank you QueenILeasha (aka: Melleasha) for the two gifts!  The Smith's definitely appreciate them.  

Remember, this is part 2 if you want a refresher I suggest that you read part 1.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

It had been many, many months since I had talked to Simon.  I apparently had been pregnant with Cody Lights' baby.  I was now 5 months along.  I was really hoping for some vampire ghosts in there!  Time was being spent!  Cody had come over a few times to check on his little babies inside of me.  I think he was very excited to become a parent.  We never talked about the fact that he wasn't alive.

Then the unexpected happened - I had a miscarriage.  Nothing like this had ever happened.  After the induced labor, I laid in bed for days.

How could I have let this happen?

Cody came by the next night and I told him the devastating news.  He looked so heartbroken.

I tried to cheer him up, but it only helped a little.

I made a difficult choice: I had to get over it and move on so I contacted the guy I had planned for the next father.  His name was Matthias Moonbrow.

We met at the park across the street and instantly connected.  He was such a fun guy.  We had no problems making baby 47 (or 48 or 49).

He had pure white hair and the most gorgeous blue green eyes.

My veil of sadness was quickly parted as the new baby developed inside of me.

During this pregnancy, we all worked on painting.

I installed solar panels and some wind turbines to help be green and save some simoleons.

I had to tend to my garden everyday.

Everytime I looked in the backyard, there were more and more gnomes!  They seemed to be generating like mad!


This time, my pregnancy did not end in a tragedy and I made it the entire 9 months!  Baby 47 was on his/her way!

I named my new baby boy, Matthew Cody, and swaddled him in a blanket the color of his father's eyes.  My heart melted as I held this little miracle.

Baby 47 was what we had all been waiting for, he was finally here, and he was beautiful.

The new baby was in his crib and the older kids were at school.

I had finally managed to find some peace and quiet.

Of course, my serenity was immediately disturbed when my phone vibrated and played its cheesy (yet addicting) little jingle.  I pulled it out to see who it was.

Of course.

I took a deep breath before answering.  I was ready.  I had made up my mind, my decision was final.

"Hello?"

"Thank goodness you picked up.  I can finally speak to you.  I need to see you.  I have something to---"

"Just stop Simon.  I have something to tell you first."  I retorted.

"But---"

I was quicker.  "Simon, we can't do this.   can't do this especially right under my sister's nose.  It's not right and we have to STOP."

"Right, well Calista, I was just going to say something about that.  I---"  He wasn't going to give up that easily was he?  He didn't even seem to have listened to what I had just said.

"No Simon.  Don't you understand?  I can't see you anymore.  I love you but... not enough to keep doing this."  I snapped.

With a mighty effort I shut my phone off faintly hearing a "wait!."  I really hoped he knew that I didn't mean those last words.  They were definitely untrue.  I heard the home phone ring but I ignored it.  I already knew who it was but I really didn't, couldn't talk to him anymore.  Part of me wanted to answer it so I could tell him that I loved him again and that this was hurting me just as much as it was hurting him.

I just didn't want to be the kind of person who goes around hurting their older sister's feelings.  A little voice inside me retorted, Well, she did hurt you once with your boyfriend, Kendall!  I ignored that too.  I was not looking for revenge.  I took more deep breaths.  In... out....  It felt good.  I felt... good?

I picked up the newspaper I had brought out with me and as I turned to the front page a flyer fell out of it for the annual racecar race, which was actually just going to be a big show, a photoshoot more like it.

Hmm..., this looks interesting.  I could definitely take a few of the kids to this.  Or Simon, added the voice.  I quickly scratched that thought out.  Yes, I could definitely go to this.  It would be a good experience as well as a distraction from....  I sidetracked, perhaps I could find the next father?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 


NOTE

Sorry about the weird parts in this post.  Here's the story:

I had been playing in other worlds before I had put in Calista's family's save and so I had story progression Then, I played with other families in Calista's neighborhood.  I forgot to turn story progression off so Calista got pregnant with someone who was not Cody Lights.  Apparently, the pregnancy with Cody hadn't even worked.  I tried using the master controller to pollinate Calista with Cody as a donor but I couldn't find him, not even under the "dead" category.  So, that's why I had to suddenly end the pregnancy with the "end pregnancy" option and pretend that it was a miscarriage.  Then I just used a Sim that I had wanted as the next challenge father deciding that I'd try Cody a different time.

I just wanted to get it out here ASAP because I feel so bad about keeping you waiting.  I hope you still like it though, even though you've already read a chunk of it in my spoiler.

Again, I want to say thank you to Kinleighsage aka CatherineBell for letting me use Matthias Moonbrow as the father of baby 47.  Visit her 100 Baby Challenge and her legacy.  Thanks Catherine!

14 comments:

  1. YAY for new post. It is a bit bitty, but excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Thanks for using him! :) He was one of my favorite fathers :)… can't wait to see what the baby looks like :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just gonna say it because it needs to be said...

    Cat...

    I FREAKING LOVE YOU!!!

    You turned my awful day where I couldn't help but cry in a bright and cheery one where I'm sitting here with a grin.

    I very much like the idea of those solar panels. You should spread that idea around, make everyone conscious of the environment! (J/K, but it could work)

    You have...like, an entire ARMY of gnomes, I swear. I have never ever seen so many in one place!

    And the ending is incredibly SAD. I knew it was coming, but still..

    PS: This is a long comment, okay, but I just wanted to say that I like Calista's new phone (just noticed).

    Great, great, GREAT post, even if it's on the short side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it Calista! I just wished Calista let Simon get a word in so she'll know what's going on in Simon's relationship with her sister. It was killing me. I was like 'Let him Talk' O.O Lol! Maybe she'll know another time. :) Great Post!

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh where did you get the phone she has?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was worth the wait. I missed your writing! :)

    Simon should just storm over to her house and tell her about the breakup. They need to be together. Partly because...they should, and partly because I like his hair :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so many comments! Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I have been sort of busy. :)

    @Skye - I know it was short but I'm so glad you liked it and that I was able to get it out!

    @Catherine - I know! I hope Matthew gets Matthias' white hair and his eyes. I just LOVE the color of them. Thanks again for letting me use him!

    @Destiny - Aww!!! :-D I'm so glad I cheered you up!

    I like the solar panel idea too. It feels great being green. I^D

    I don't even know how many gnomes I have. It's those vampire gnomes that repopulate like crazy! I have noticed they are always together and never apart....

    I know, endings like this one frustrate me to no end.

    I've always hated the default phone so when I found this one I was like "I have to have this." I'm glad I tried it because I love it much better than the old one!

    @Dawn (Forever) - I was thinking the same thing. Like I said, I hate endings like that. But don't worry, I have a plan. ;)

    @Maple - I got the phone at Mod the Sims here:

    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=395590

    @Truffle - Thank you! That makes me smile! Your comment made me laugh the most, I like Simon's hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, umm...I was looking on thesims3.com for your profile, since you said in your description it was under mjm808, but...i can't find it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops! Haha! Silly me! It's an "o" not a "zero." Okay, I fixed it!! My username is:

    mjm8o8

    Thanks for pointing that out to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I am new to this leagcy but It is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her top! May I ask where you got it? Awh Miscarriage :( not good
    P.s do you know videos or blog on how to work on master controller ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the late reply. I don't know if you're still checking up on this but which top are you referring to?

      Also, I don't know any tutorials on how to work master controller except for the instructions that come while downloading it, which you can find here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

      Delete
  12. OMG. I JUST REALIZED THAT MY BROTHER'S NAME IS MATTHEW CODY. FRIGGIN AWESOME!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, that's freaky. And awesome!

      Delete