Saturday, October 1, 2011

A brief explanation

NOTE

I know I haven't posted for a long time now but I've got a few posts already written.  I just wrote this post today actually.  I realize I haven't really gone into depth much about Simon's whereabouts so I give you this post.  :D

(Sorry if the time references are confusing and I know that they are a bit extreme and unrealistic (but what about Sims isn't?).  I wrote some notes (in italics) next to each one so you guys know exactly when they happened, or at least have a better idea.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

SIMON SIMMON'S POINT OF VIEW - This is just a brief intro.

After my breakup with Alicia (Calista's sister) I decided to accept the trip to New York and then to Bridgeport for my new job.  I was a scientist.  The science facility had contacted me shortly after I had left my job at the fire station and I had accepted it.  It was a business trip that I had previously declined while I had divorced Alicia.  I didn't have any kids with me now because through the dirty divorce Alicia had full custody.  The twins, Garth and Graham, my daughter Ashley, and all my step-kids were now in Sunset Valley, and I was here, in Bridgeport.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

3 YEAR BACK - Luke is visiting Sunset Valley amd Calista has just had her 47th baby.

I dumped my stuff on the bed.  All I have is a backpack and some free clothing provided by my work, but it's only a few shirts.  This would be my home for who knows how long.

I scanned the room.  It wasn't much but it would do.

There was a tiny kitchen unit, a sitting area, a bedroom, and a bathroom.  I had just traveled from New York to Bridgeport and I could feel the jet lag.

I sat down in a chair and flipped on the tv.

"Famous racecar driver, Luke Lockhart has been visiting small towns in Simcity.  The most recent one was last week, when he stepped foot in the beautiful town of Sunset---" I shut it off hardly able to keep my eyes open nor keep my ears attentive to the news host's monotone drone.

I had to work tomorrow anyways so I thought it best to get plenty of sleep.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

TWO YEARS LATER - Calista has had Luke's kids (babies 48 and 49), left Simon a phone call, had Andrew Miller's kids (babies 50 and 51), and has decided to go steady with Luke.


The sound of my phone woke me up.  It startled me and I reached over, fumbling to find it.

"Oh %$#@!" I cursed as I stared at the broken appliance.  I glanced at the clock.  I was running late.  I'd just have to use my work phone for now.  I work so much that I sleep in my clothes now so I can just get up on days like today.

I'm a big procrastinator so I finally got my new phone in today, nearly a month after I had broken it.  I glanced at the clock and realized for the first time in a long time I had time to check my messages.  I scanned for one number.  Ah ha!  This message was more than a few months old.  I had somehow missed it, probably because of my crazy work schedule.  I was constantly on the phone with my colleagues in Sunset Valley and the people my company was working with.  We were trying to figure out the ingredients for a Young Again potion.

"Simon, can you call me back?"  I heard her voice.  So lovely and not mad, maybe a little strained.

The reason I hadn't contacted her all this time was because I didn't want to pester her anymore.  It was her choice to break up.  I was about to call her when my phone rang.  It was my boss.  I had to go back to work.  of course.  I made a mental note to call her later.

Later, I took the newspaper I had gotten this morning from a sullen teenager and opened it up to the front page.  My eyes immediately spotted the most terrible news.

On the heading of the first page reads:

Luke Lockhart and Calista Smith?

I crumpled the newspaper before even reading the article, not wanting to believe it.

My mind flickered briefly to the newscast about that famous racecar driver... Luke Lockhart?  No way.  Calista was charming but there was no way she could be dating someone that famous.  I decided not to call her though, so I wouldn't have to find out if what I had heard was true.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

A YEAR LATER - It's present day now so Calista has just given birth to her quadruplets (babies 52, 53, 54, and 55) and is dating Luke.

With the Young Again potion still a work in progress I was still in Bridgeport.  I had thought about quitting my job but I couldn't do it.  If I quit, I'd have to go back home and face my biggest fear.  On the way back home from yet another busy day at work I picked up my mail.  In it were some bills, bills, and more bills.  At the bottom of the stack was my favorite magazine, a new one I had subscribed to, Challenge Zone.  I had managed to ignore any information about Calista over the passed year so I still wasn't exactly sure if she was dating Lockhart or not.   I hoped not.  The only thing I had to remind me of her was her short phone message which I still hadn't deleted.  With a sigh I put the stack under my arm as I took the elevator to the 11th floor.

Once in my room I looked at Challenge Zone and my heart fell.  Calista was right on the front cover.  I scanned the front.  Dating a megastar?  NO!

After reading the article many, many times, I finally couldn't read it anymore.  I dropped the magazine and sat there, collecting my thoughts.  My fears had been realized.  There was picture proof in this very magazine.  I decided not to call her EVER.  If she wanted to contact me she'd have to call me.  It wouldn't matter if I called anyway, she had someone else now.

With a heavy heart, I got ready for bed for another busy day of work tomorrow.  We were not any closer to discovering the Young Again potion as we had been a year ago so until we figured it out, I'd have to stay here to work.  And that suited me, because I definitely didn't want to go back home.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

I just want to add, thank you Destiny Rose for making that lovely magazine cover for me upon request!  I love it and it just added so much to the story!  Without it, I wouldn't have written this post!

4 comments:

  1. OHEMJEEPERS, the stuff I wrote on the magazine cover actually fit with this post.. XD

    Anywho..

    Simon! Poor guy is working himself to his death, I swear. Good to know where he is. Just sad that he's a bit depressed right now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Destiny - I know, I was so glad you came out with the cover, it's almost like a birthday gift!

    I feel really bad about doing this to Simon but I didn't know any other way to explain why Simon hasn't contacted Calista in so long (I got lazy). I hope things turn up for him in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...poor Simon. I feel for him. Being in love with Calista but unable to be with her, locked into a marriage with her sister, no custody of the children after the divorce and then totally overworked and betrayed when he realizes Luke and Calista are dating. :( I'm gonna cry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, don't cry!! :O It gets better (as you probably noticed). ^_^

      Delete