Thursday, July 21, 2011

Questions Three and Four

Wow, two questions in one post!

I'm actually writing two to 1) get longer comments, 2) they aren't very creative and don't require much thought process, and 3) I feel bad that my challenge is on a "short" break.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Okay, so here's question #3:

How did you find out about The Sim/Sim 2/ Sims 3?  In other words, when did your obsession start?



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

My Answer:

I know I've already said this sometime in the past but my friend got me into The Sims 2 while we were in elementary school.  I was instantly hooked.  What can I say?  It's definitely my kind of thing!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Here's question #4 (Seriously, I'm just making these up as I type this so please forgive me):

Um... um... um...

Oh! I just remembered a question that I had thought up a while ago:


Which Sims 2 and Sims 3 pre-made neighborhoods are your favorite (sorry, I never played The Sims)?  And, if you can remember, what has been your favorite neighborhood in any of The Sims games that you created?


Just a reminder, in the Sims 2 the neighborhoods included:
Neighborhoods

  • Pleasantview
  • Strangetown
  • Veronaville
  • Riverblossom Hills (Seasons)
  • Desiderata Valley (Free Time)
  • Belladonna Cove (Apartment Life)
Sub-Neighborhoods
  • Sim State University (University)
  • La Fiesta Tech (University)
  • Académie Le Tour (University)
  • Downtown (Nightlife)
  • Bluewater Village (Open For Business)
  • Twikkii Island (Bon Voyage)
  • Three Lakes (Bon Voyage)
  • Takemizu Village (Bon Voyage)
The Sims 3 includes:
Neighborhoods
  • Sunset Valley
  • Twinbrook (Ambitions)
  • Bridgeport (Late Night)
  • Riverview (Downloadable)
  • Barnacle Bay (Downloadable)
Sub-Neighborhoods


  • Al Simhara (World Adventures)
  • Champs Les Sims (World Adventures)
  • Shang Simla (World Adventures)


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

My Answer:

My favorite Sims 2 neighborhood was Veronaville.  Even though I never actually touched it (I didn't want to mess up the families), I liked the fact that it had to do with Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

My favorite Sims 3 neighborhood would have to be Sunset Valley.  I pretty much only play in that town and I feel like I know every Sim in that entire town.

My favorite Sims 2 Neighborhood that I created was called Mount Sity (yes, with an "S").  It had a very extensive family tree and I had planned out everything for the sims.  Who they were going to marry, what they majored in, whether they were adopted or not, their appearance, and everything in between.  There were 26 families (for each letter of the alphabet) and I didn't even get to making the "Z" family.  It was oh-so-complicated and I still have the papers with my scrawl on them.  I'll never forget that town. :D

My favorite Sims 3 neighborhood is, of course, my challenge one, with Calista and her family (except, I sort of hate it right now because of my dumb computer but I still love it anyway).

6 comments:

  1. awesome! i started when sims 2 came! not sure how old i was!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first heard of Sims 2 sometime during middle school. My sister Had sims 2 on PS2. I wasn't a big fan but when sims 3 came out I was hooked. I think it was because I played sims 2 on ps2 and sims 3 on PC and PC is better.
    My favorite sims 3 town that I played in so far is Twinbrook. My least favorite is Bridgeport because there's too much going on.

    ~Dawn Turner :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started playing the Sims when my ex-bestfriend showed me the Sims once-- I've been hooked ever since. Gosh, the graphics were terrible, but I loved it anyways. xD
    In the Sims 2, my favorite town was Belladonna Cove. Before I got Seasons though it was Veronaville.
    Now in The Sims 3, I prefer Riverview because in Sunset Valley meteors fall all the time, and plus, I like the layout of Riverview better. =)
    I've never created a town, so I don't really have a favorite there. xD (I always thought that they looked stupid and deleted them. xD)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Answer #3
    I was introduce to the very first Sims by a friend when I visited her house and play for a while it I got hooked and still is.

    Answer #4
    My favorite town in The Sims 2 was Pleasantview. Ever time I tried to play the other town i didn't like it, so i always ending up switching back to good ole Pleasantview.

    Sims 2 Vacation Spot was Twikkii Island.

    Now for Sims 3 it Sunset Valley hands down.. I tried the others and i couldn't, it just never feels right to me..
    I really like Bridgeport but it is too buggy, doesn't have a lot of empty lots, and the club are always empty and take forever to reach.

    Sims 3 Vacation Spot is all three worlds, They all have a lot to offer in the own different way. Although I wish they made a tropical island as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...I love that you're asking these questions...it's a fun little dialog for Simsaholics! LOL

    Okay, so Question #3: I was first introduced to The Sims one Christmas break when I was visiting my grandparents and my cousin was obsessed with it...this was The Sims and she had just gotten the Hot Date expansion pack...I started playing it, then realized that six hours had gone by without me even realizing it! The funny thing is, when it was first released, my dad was telling me I should play it because I would really like it and I was all like, "Whatever, Dad..." Yeah, had to eat my words! LOL

    Question 4: I would say my favorite town is Cornucopia for the Sims 3...I found it on the exchange and it's a beautiful beachy-mountain island. That's where Hadley lives, even though it has some issues with getting people stuck. It's the most downloaded World on the exchange...here's a link to it:

    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1759713

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maple - Cool! You're just like me, I started with The Sims 2. I've always wanted to know what The Sims is like.

    Dawn - It seems that the PC provides much more detail and variety than the PS2, Wii, DS, or any other console game. I've never played those games so I don't know if what I'm saying is true but I've seen pictures of the games and they just don't look as good. The computer versions of The Sims is much better. Also, Bridgeport isn't really my favorite because it is slower in my game than the other towns and I agree, it has a bit too much going on.

    Amanda - I've downloaded Riverview before but at that time I had started having problems with the game so I uninstalled it with the possibility of fixing the problem and to maybe make my game go faster. It was okay because I didn't really play in Riverview anyway. I'm glad it's good for you because your Sunset Valley seems to have many meteor problems!
    PS: I can't wait to start reading about your new challenge mother!

    Melleasha - I totally agree with you on the Bridgeport thing. My game was really slow with that town. Also, I wish there was a tropical island vacation spot too. That would be awesome!

    Cassie - Your story about how you got into The Sims was great! I hate when my parents are right! I think I'll try out the town that you use. I always wondered where Hadley lived. I just assumed it was Sunset Valley. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete