Thursday, May 31, 2012

Baby 84 - Part 2 of 2

I returned home from the psychologist's office baffled and exhausted.  I mustered up the energy to text Laura about my night.
Hehe, we did it.  I think I'm pregnant.  :)  *success*
Then I hit the hay.

The next morning I wake up to find more kittens in our house.  Boy, have Brite and Aquamarine gotten busy.  Surprisingly, all of the kittens are females.  Sequin is the oldest of the litter of three.  She has her grandmother's rainbow fur and her dad's white spots.  Strangely, she has both her mother's eyes and her father's eyes.

Opal is the next kitten.  She looks just like Aquamarine except she has this strange white coat.  She's definitely the princess of the group and very finicky.

The last kitten is Shimmer.  She is pale blue like her grandfather, Moonbrow with patches that resemble her father and her mother.

I soon discover that both Moonbrow and Prism have passed on.  We set their urns with Midnight's and mourn them silently.

Kiara is also an elder and I fear she is entering her final days.  She sleeps most of the time but occasionally she will find that spark inside of her and play around with the kittens.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

ALEX'S POINT OF VIEW

When I find out about the news, I am too shocked to take it.  What do I tell mom?  Should I even tell her?  I was dating Gwen Callahan, the younger sister of my half-brother's boyfriend, Gage Callahan.

She had the most gorgeous turquoise hair and stunning amber eyes.  I'd always known her to be smart and sensible.  

I remember the very day it happened.  We were in her room making out for the first time ever.  Her arms gathered tightly around me and I had her very close to me.  
Our making out got heated and she exclaimed breathlessly, "I'm ready." 
I was momentarily confused but then I understood what she wanted.  Somewhere in my conscious I knew that something like this would arise but I didn't realize it would come so soon.  
"I'm not sure...," I mumbled.  
But her gold-specked eyes glistened in the light and her disappointment was visible.  So as not to hurt her feelings, I finally gave in.  Her smile was worth the reward.  We kissed some more and she started to remove her sweatshirt.  Not really knowing what to do I followed her lead.  
We fell onto her twin bed and our souls and our minds joined together in a rush of passion and emotion.
It's been four weeks since the news of Gwen's pregnancy.  When she called me, I covered up the panicked feeling inside of my that sounded through my voice and told her to be okay and that I would deal with the situation.  I'm playing darts with Sindy and she's eyeing me warily.  

I try not to get too nervous but I can see my hand shaking as I lift up the shiny dart.  

Taking a deep breath, I hold myself steady and throw the dart.  It's a miss.

"Alex, what's with you?  You're usually the pro," Sindy asks, concerned.  Just in case you were wondering, she is also dating.  He's a baseball player by the name of Erik Mackson.

"Yeah, well, I'm feeling a bit tired, I think I'm going to go rest," I announce and I raise my arms in surrender.

"Already?  We just started the game.  Let's just finish.  C'mon, it's my turn anyway."

Sindy takes her turn and hits the bulls eye spot on.

"Oh my gosh, I actually beat my brother in a game of darts!!"  She exclaims.

I give her a weak laugh and leave the room.  I search the kitchen, dining room, and office before finding mom in the nursery.  As I walk in, I nearly bump into my other sister, Mei.

"Mom, can I... I need to speak with you about something," I finally admit.  Being the caring and kind person my mom is, she immediately gets a concerned and compassionate look on her face.

"Of course.  Let's go into my room."

We nearly trip on the kittens as we make our way out of the nursery.  The twins girls giggle in the background at the kittens.

"Sweetie, I just want to tell you that whatever you're going to tell me, I promise I won't blow up on you.  Okay?  I want you to feel comfortable talking to me.  You know that, right?"

"Of course mom," I assure her.  "So yeah... what I wanted to tell you was that, well, you know how I have a girlfriend, Gwen?  So we were at her house and...," I stutter.

"You didn't do drugs did you?"  She guesses.

"No, of course not.  Uh, well, we uhhhh...."

"Honey, it would be much easier to get it out if you just say-"

"Gwen's pregnant, mom!"

Startled, mom says, "What?!  Well, that was totally unexpected.  Why... how... what could have possibly possessed you to do that?  Didn't you use birth control or something?"  She purses her lips and I get a nervous feeling in my gut.

I'm ashamed and I feel totally stupid.

Trying not to cry, I explain the situation.  "We were making out and stuff and then she wanted to and I was hesitant about it but then I didn't want to make her sad or anything so I gave in.  Don't think it was rape or anything because I agreed to do it and I had the opportunity to say no.  Anyway I'm sorry mom.  I'm- we're scared and we don't know what to do!"

I'm wailing by the time I finish my story.  I'm not sure how much mom got out of that but to my surprise, I feel her arms wrap around me.  I know that I'm in her room with totally transparent glass windows and that anyone passing by could see me but I just don't care at this point.

"Honey, I'm extremely upset by your choices," mom says as I sob some more, "but I'm very proud of you for telling me.  Do Gwen's parents know?"

*sniffle*  "I'm sure they do.  Sh-sh-she's been pregnant for almost a month."

"Why don't you go take a little rest and calm down a bit.  Then call her parents to see if I can talk to them about this whole situation."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CALISTA'S POINT OF VIEW


"Oh boy Shimmer, what am I going to do with these kids?"  I sigh, as I get prepared to speak with Gwen's parents.  My phone bleeps for the millionth time this week and it's Luke.  My heart drops as I realize I've been ignoring nearly 300 texts from him.  I decide to take a look at the one that he just sent:

Calista, please listen to what I have to say.  

That's all it says so I scroll down to a few older ones.


We've gone through this before and I just want to clarify things for you.

I've left a few emails in your inbox.  Please read them.

I really want to explain things.

I miss you.  A lot.  

I sigh and I can't ignore the tugging at my heart.  I'm tempted to run to the computer but I try hard to ignore my impulse.  I'll check it later, I assure myself.

Later that week, I'm in the bathroom brushing up my teeth and flossing - two daily routines that I absolutely hate.  To my surprise, Harrison walks in.

"Um, mom.  I have to tell you something," he says shyly.

"Yes," I say warily.

"You didn't get a girl pregnant, did you?"

"Mom!"

"Oh good," I sigh with relief.

"I just want to tell you that this girl in my class really likes me.  I don't know what to do about it."
Why are all of my sons having girl troubles?

I pause, "Well, personally I think you're a bit too young to be dating but why don't you invite her over for a playdate or go to her house or something.  I'm okay if you're friends but no dating until you're a teenager.  Do you understand me?"

"Yes ma'am!"

Later during my pregnancy, Luke texts, calls, emails, and messages me on Facebook every single day and I don't have the heart to block him nor read them.  I briefly open an email from the previous day.  It's one of the longer and more in-depth ones.

Calista,
I don't care if you don't read this or if you don't read any of my emails or messages or texts.  But please, if you do read them, please reply.  I don't understand what's happening.  

What I do understand is if you want to break up with me.  Just let me meet with you or chat with you sometime.  Soon would be best.  I want to know what you're really feeling.  And I want you to know how sorry I am.  Please just let me explain my actions from that night.  

It hurts not being with you everyday,
Luke

To my horror, I'm nearly in tears by the time I finish reading his email.  I check a few others and they're all very long and it's obvious he put a lot of work into sending me each individual message.  I log onto Facebook and find him online.  I click his icon and begin my message to him.

Calista:  Okay, I'll talk.  Please keep it brief.

Luke:  Calista?!?!?  Oh sorry, okay, brief.  Calista, that night I was a wreck.  I don't know what was happening to me.  

I was tending the bar as usual when another bartender came up to me and asked me if she could make a drink for me.  Being a gentleman, I agreed.  I don't know what she did but I believe she put a bit more alcohol into the drink that she gave to me because by the time that drink hit my lips, I was wasted and drunker than I have ever been in my life.  Trust me, I would never ever drink like that.  I guess I didn't realize that I was drunk when the other bartender came up to me and started kissing me.  Being drunk, I went with it.  It got pretty heavy on the couch but I swear to you, we did nothing more than make out.  I guess that's when you came and you know the rest.  

Somehow I made it home and that's when the drink's effects started to wear off.  I was very confused at what you were saying.  The next minute, I was out on the streets.  I've been thinking for a long time about what I did.  Part of me wants to say it wasn't my fault but another part of me knows that I probably had the power to say "no" to that woman.  I hate myself for it Calista.  It cost us our relationship and I'll do anything to repair it.  

Calista:  I thought I said brief... is that it?

Luke:  Yes.


Calista:  Can I ask you something then?  

Luke:  Anything.

Calista:  Was that you at the psychologist's office the other month?  I swear you were with that girl, that bartender or whatever.

Luke:  Oh, that?  After you had broken up with me, I was able to contact the bartender (she wrote her phone number on my chest, that night at the bar).  I was furious at her for intoxicating me like that.  I told her I was going to go to the psychologist's office to sort things out and I told her to come with me to help explain the situation.  Don't worry, it's not like I'm seeing her.  

Anyway, I went to the psychologist's office to help me decide what to do about all... this.  You know, our relationship and how I should repair it.  That damn guy didn't really help but... I think I figured it out on my own.  What were you doing at the psychologist's office?  If you don't mind me asking.


Calista:  I was just there for the same reason as you.  Oh and how do you propose we fix this?

Luke:  Small baby steps.  We could start out by taking a break and briefly meeting each other as friends.  Perhaps go on a "first date" again.  But if you're not interested in continuing this relationship, please tell me that you'll let us stay friends.

I take a long moment to digest everything in the little chat box.  After nearly ten minutes Luke asks:

Luke:  Calista?

Calista:  Sorry, I'm still here.  Just... processing.

Luke:  I'm fine if you would like to think about it.  I didn't mean to bombard you with all of my texts and emails.  Just get back to me when you're done.  I'd love to meet with you so we can discuss in person.  It's much easier than chatting.  


*Luke is offline*

I stare at the screen.  He seemed so true, so sincere.  And his story actually, made a bit of sense.  I've known Luke for a long time, why would I just jump to the assumption that he is cheating on me?  Ugh, I'm so stupid!  But then again, I don't feel like jumping back into the relationship with him.  Perhaps his plan to date again would work.

Quickly I pull out my phone and text him the message:

Okay, I've made my decision.  I will meet you, where you are currently staying, on Saturday if that works for you.  I would like to meet with you to discuss more about our current status.  I'm still wary about your story but if you're truly sincere about everything, our relationship might work.  I just need time.  Please reply with your address.

Instantly he texts his reply and I write his address down on a sheet of paper.

It's early May and it's prom time.  I finally meet the mysterious Gwen Callahan and she's about five months along.  Her stomach is still small compared to my nearly nine month belly.

"Oh wow, I didn't think I could get any bigger," Gwen starts to say but quickly covers her mouth realizing how rude she must have sounded.

"It's okay," I smile, "I've been pregnant many times so I'm used to it.  Plus, I've heard worse comments before."

Alex laughs adding, "Oh yeah, remember that lady at the grocery store.  She was like, 'don't worry darling, you can lose the weight in no time.  Such a shame you would ruin your body by adding all that fat to the front.'"

We all laugh and are interrupted by the honking horn of the limo coming to pick Gwen and Alex up.  I say good night and wish them a good time.

In no time, I'm in labor and give birth to a baby boy I name, Fergus Bob Smith.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


FAMILY UPDATE

Liam and new husband, Gage Callahan, adopt a self-conscious little boy through the adoptions services provided by the government.

The boy's name is Garrett and within a short period of time, he finally opens his heart to his dads.

At the wedding, I finally got to meet Gage and Gwen's parents, Helen and Filip.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

NOTE

Thank you Laura Johanson for the name Bob.  Thanks for reading!  I'm sorry if this post wasn't as interesting as the other ones.

Here's an updated version of the cat family tree if you're curious.

More cats will be up for adoption!  Please leave a comment on this post if you would like to adopt because I will only take requests from here, that way I know the exact time of the requests.  It just makes it easier on my part and it makes it more fair for those who aren't on Facebook or Tumblr.  The cats currently available are Moonlight, Glowy, Sequin, and Opal.  Shimmer is already adopted out and Neon will be staying with the Smith's.

***Also note that if you've already adopted a cat, it's best that you don't adopt another.  I want to leave it fair for other people.  Thanks!

Lastly, don't feel bad if you don't get a cat, feel free to download some of the other cats under the "PETS" tab at the top of my blog.  :)

ALL THE KITTENS HAVE BEEN ADOPTED!  SEE THIS POST FOR THE RESULTS.



26 comments:

  1. Aww.. great post! Your posts are always cute, I need to comment more often. Congrats on baby 84~ You're so close! I really...really want Shimmer. I think the kittens are just adorable @_@ Can I have? PLEASE? :D I love Opal.. but Dawn got dibs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I missed that Shimmer is adopted XD Ummm.. can I have Sequin?

      Delete
    2. Haha, that's fine. Sequin will be yours! :)

      Delete
  2. Great post as usual!
    Can I adopt Opal, she's so cute? :D

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome ^_^ Poor Alex, but I'm glad it worked out :D And little Garrett is SO cute!! :D

    ;) Finnick-y Calista, gosh! Spell it right! :D Jkay...I lub yew :3

    Anywho, the kittens are so cute....Oh my gosh....can you tell me when there's like, only 1 or 2 left (through FB, 'cause that'd be easiest), cause they are just so darn cute and I might have to adopt one of them.... ^_^

    Psst...I really like Opal and Shimmer :D

    But then again, you don't have to save them. I'm not saying save them, but if they are like the only 2 left, then I'll take one :D

    ~Izzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sure! When the next batch of kittens comes it'll be easier for your to choose one because I only allow one per customer and many people have gotten one now so there will be less people asking for one.

      Delete
  4. Eep! I can't wait to read about what happens between Luke and Calista! At least he didn't have a relationship with that girl or do other stuff. (If you're catching my drift. ;))

    Alex is being so mature about the pregnancy. It's great that he's staying with Gwen throughout it even though he's scared! Calista raised him right. :)

    Is Sequin still up for adoption? She so cute and Laura would love another cat. (I'm sure she would also make ADORABLE kittens with Tariq.)

    Great post as usual and I can't wait for the next one!

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I say Sequin? I meant Glowy!

      Delete
    2. I'm definitely catching your drift. I was about to make it a little more... terrible, but I decided not to. Poor Luke doesn't need to admit such embarrassing stuff.

      Hehe, Glowy's yours!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness the kittens!!! So adorable! I LOVE Moonlight!!!! How precious?!?! If I knew of a way to obtain him/her I totally would.

    *MEGA-GASP* Alex you devil, you! At least he's handling it well and not dumping her. He was right to go to his mom. Calista took it very well!!! I hope someday Alex and Gwen get married. :)

    I am reallllllllllly worried for Calista's Luke situation. She'd best not be too lenient with him. I hope things get sorted out, one way or another.

    Anyway great post! I am anxious about the birth of Alex's son or daughter! And again, the kittens are ridiculously cute.
    ~Megs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I love all of them. <3

      I wasn't sure how to address the topic at first but I believe I handled it well. Oh, they're getting married and the baby is really cute. ^_^

      I hope she's not to lenient on him too. I think in the past she's been way too girly. She needs to stand up for what she believes is right or something bad is going to happen.

      PS: Alex has a son. :)

      Delete
  6. Great post, Calista! Too bad Prism and Moonbrow died T.T May I please have the last kitten left, Moonlight?

    ~Kristine~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it that every time those cats have kittens, they turn out to be the CUTEST things on this earth?! If I could adopt another, I would, but I'm happy enough having Aura in the household.

    This might sound strange but... I'm happy AND sad that things might work out for Luke and Calista. At first I wanted them back together, but now... I think I've grown accustomed to him not being there. O_o

    ALEX! How dare you go and get another girl pregnant! That's just...irresponsible?

    Awesome post - you're getting closer and closer to that finish line! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it's because I cheat a bit... only a little bit though. :3

      That's totally fine! I just hope you like what the final result is.

      I'm so excited to finish. My goal is to finish before September, when summer vacation is over and school starts again.

      Delete
  8. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Can I have Moonlight!
    I just adored this chapter sooo much, I really did it was one of the bests.

    And as for Alex - Use protection next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Kurtis, there will be more kittens in the future.

      Haha, thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  9. Awwww, I loved this post...and the kittens are adorable! Oh my goodness, the drama...I hope Calista and Luke can work it out...and that Alex and Gwen can manage being young parents...and all the older kids look great! You rock for keeping up with them...and I love the name Fergus...hehehe...see, this is why I don't comment...I usually ramble and make myself a fool...LOL Oh well...great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they can work it out too. Fergus... >.> Poor kid, I definitely wouldn't want that name but I do like it. It fits him, I believe.

      Aww, I don't think you're a fool, I do the same thing. Thanks for commenting Cassie!

      Delete
  10. i love all of them are there any left? cause i want whatever one there is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Josie, all of them have been adopted. There will be more in the future, hopefully. :)

      Delete
  11. Hello there! Greetings from the Sierras!! :) LOving your story and the cats are way too cute!! AWWWWWwww!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok I hate you now, I dont like Luke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your pets are freaking adorable!!! :D Calista better not let Luke off the hook. She would stay away if she knows what's good for her :P Really happy that Alex is sticking with Gwen...I hear wedding bells :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. can i have any cats that are left?

    ReplyDelete