Thursday, December 22, 2011

Baby 71: Part 3 of 3

The next morning I open my eyes and look blearily at the ceiling - confused.  Then I remember last night and the fact that I'm at Simon's house hits me hard.  He's not in the bed next to me so I pluck up the courage to get up and change.  I doubt I'll be going out of the house so I pick up my discarded dress and throw it on.  I find Simon in the kitchen making waffles.

"Hey."

"Hey beautiful."

I try to ignore that last part.

We eat in silence until my stomach acts up and I excuse myself to go to the bathroom.  That's when I find out I'm pregnant.

I go back to the table and finish my meal.  After clearing the dishes Simon prepares to go to work.

"Simon, I'm pregnant!"

He looks at me, surprised with an utterly exuberant look on his face as if he's just won the lottery.

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing, and... kind of shocking.  But I'm so happy for you!"

And with that, I give him a good-bye hug and he drops a kiss on my cheek, much to my dismay.  Last night was just a nighttime fling and NOTHING ELSE.  He seems to see it as a little bit more.

Despite my happy mood, I'm still confused as to what I'm doing here.  This whole Luke-cheating-let's-stay-at-Simon's-house thing is getting me all paranoid.  I decide to call my very good friend, Destiny Rose.  She has recently finished her challenge (that lucky duck) and is now living lavishly with her blond husband, Alex Webber, a rather handsome man I must say (but don't tell her that).

She agrees to come over in about an hour.  I give her directions to his house and then go into Simon's room and check my emails from the kids.  They ask what I'm doing and where I am.  I'm not sure if I'm ready to tell the the truth.  It pains me to keep secrets from them and miss their growth but... I'm rather confused right now.  I give them a cheery reply and tell them that I am pregnant with a new brother or sister for them.  The doorbell rings and I sign off.

"Oh my god, it's really you!  Congrats on finishing your challenge and you had the wedding of the century, girl.  How was your honeymoon?"

"Whoa, okay, thanks Cal, it's definitely a load of stress off of my back but I miss the little guys.  Oh my god, don't even mention the honeymoon.  Long story short, it was amazing!"  She sighs with a dreamy look on her face and then looks around the room.  "Wow, Simon's quite the singleton.  His house is... cute?"
"It is.  He's definitely a neat freak and quite organized."

"So, I forgot to ask, how've you been?"

"Well, besides the fact that Luke may or may not be cheating on me, I'm totally fine."

She laughs.

"Oh, Dessie, before I forget, I'm pregnant!"

"With Simon's baby?"  She asks.

"No, with a challenge father's baby."

She looks at me with a sigh of relief.

"I'm pregnant too."  She announces slowly.

"OH MY GOD!  Am I the first to know?  I'd better be the first."  I tease.

"Um... a few other people know."  We laugh together.

I offer her some beverages and then we sit down in the living room to "discuss."

"So Destiny... what should I do?  What would you do in my situation?"  I ask her after I've caught her up to date on all the things that have happened recently. "Luke or Simon.  I think I've made my decision but I wanna know what you think."

"Hmmm... personally, I'd go with Luke.  But I may be bias since I don't really know Simon as much as Luke."

"And, do you think Luke could be telling the truth?  He couldn't really be cheating on me, could he?"

She purses her lips and says, "I don't think so.  I've seen the way he looks at you and I do believe he's telling the truth.  He's an amazing man, Calista.  And I do believe he's not lying about not cheating."

We talk a bit more about other stuff but I can't help but get her words out of my mind.  A very small part of me wants Luke to be cheating on me so I can be with Simon but a huge part of me knows Luke would never lie to me.  Otherwise I wouldn't trust him with my kids.

I've finally made my decision.  I'm going to stay with Simon until the pregnancy is close to over and then say a final good-bye to him.  He already told me last night that he understood that I couldn't be with him so hopefully it won't end badly.  I just can't go back home right now because I still need some time before I go back to hear Luke's explanation of all these events that have taken place.  I need to rest a bit and Simon's house is, so far, the only place for that.  After much pondering, Destiny finally agrees with my plan.  We hear Simon's car door slam.

"Oh, I think it means it's time for me to go!"  Destiny announces.

"See you soon, old friend!"

Simon comes in as Destiny puts on her shoes to go.

"Hey Simon, this is my friends Destiny Rose.  Destiny, Simon Simmons."

"It's a pleasure to meet you."  Destiny smiles with her charming smile.  They shake hands and then Destiny leaves.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

SIMON'S POINT OF VIEW

Calista had been living at my house for quite some time now.  She had told me her plan to leave before the baby was born.  I was a bit confused but I thought I'd surprise her with my present to her anyway.

It was quite the expensive project and would require her to go out for a day or so in order to get it done.  I just needed to figure out a way to do that.  I found her in my bedroom, on the computer.

"Hey Calista."

"Hi Simon.  I think I need to go out for a doctor's visit today, just to check up on how the baby is doing."

"Um... okay."

She quits out of the browser window she has open and stands up to face me.

"What's wrong Simon, anything bad happen lately."  She surprises me by reaching for my hands.  She squeezes them lightly.

"What, no.  I'm fine.  I'm just not, erm, feeling well.  You think you could stop by the drug store and pick up some meds for me?  Oh, and I also created this huge list of errands if you want to do those.  But please, don't feel any pressure.  You don't have to do this if you don't want to."

She eyes me suspiciously but being Calista she agrees.  I feel bad about making a pregnant woman do that work but she didn't seem to mind.  It would all be worth it once I showed her my gift for her and the new baby.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

CALISTA'S POINT OF VIEW

I came home late from running all those weird errands for Simon, which I'm 100% sure were not the best thing for a pregnant lady to do.  They led me all around town.  I drove so much I had to stop for gas.

"Simon?  I'm home.  I ran all of your errands for you."

I spot him leaning against the door of his room.  Then, to my left, I notice a room that wasn't always there.

"Was that door there before I left?"

Silently, he grabs my hand, tells me to close my eyes, and then leads me into the room.

"Okay, you can open them."

I gasp.  "It's beautiful Simon."

My eyes run over the beautifully painted crib, the fluffy teddy bear, and the beautiful view.  It's the perfect room for... "A baby's room?"  I say dumbly.

"Yes, it's for the little one once he's born.  I thought you'd like a place to put him once he's here."

"Simon... you do know I'm leaving before the baby is born, right?"

"Yeah, I just thought that because he's mine he'd want to stay here some of the time...."

Oh my gosh, he thinks it's his baby.

"Um, Simon, I don't know how to break this to you but... it's not your baby."

His face drops and his lower lip tightens.  "What?  After you and I had... you know... you told me you were pregnant.  I just assumed you had gotten pregnant with my baby."

"Simon, I impregnated myself that night but not with your baby, with a challenge father's baby.  I guess the time I told you just happened to be the night after we, we...."

He continues, "I thought you had decided to stay with me...."

"Simon, I told you I was leaving before the baby was due.  Don't you remember telling me you knew I was going to leave?"

"Yeah, but I was hoping you were going to change you mind.  I just thought you were being modest."
Oh god, he really looks disappointed.  "Simon, I'm sorry---"

"I guess I really knew, deep inside, that you would never end up with me.  I'm okay with it though, I don't know what I was thinking.  Can I touch the little fellow?"

"Sure.... Simon, are you okay?"

"I'm good Calista, a bit shocked but I'll do."  His voice is strained and stiff.  He looks into my eyes and then grabs me ferociously and tightly with one hard kiss on the mouth.

I feel the same feeling I felt that first night... but this one feels different.  It's as though he's finally letting me go.  All of his feelings are powering through me.  It's as if he's releasing me and finally realizing, in his heart, that we'll never end up together.  I kiss him back, with equal force.  After a few minutes, we finally let go for air.

"Okay, I think that did it.  I'm officially okay.  If you left right now, I think I'd live," he assures me.

I smile and we walk to the door.  We lock into an embrace as we silently say good-bye.  Our eyes are telling each other everything our mouths are not.

"One last thing," he says.  He hands me a couple of beautiful white roses.

"Mmmm, they're beautiful Simon.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Thanks so much."  I compliment.

"Just promise me a few things before you go, okay?"  I nod silently, holding back my tears.  "Calista Katherine Smith.  Would you do me the honor of being my very best friend?  I am willing to let you go as a lover, but I don't think I could let you go as a friend.  Despite all of the terrible and wonderful things we have gone through, would you mind if I just stuck around a bit longer?  Perhaps if you need an instant babysitter, you can count on me."

I'm speechless as he continues.

"And, I would love to go to yours and Luke's wedding.  Would you mind inviting an old friend?"

"Yes, yes, and no!  Yes, I would love to be your friend, yes I would love if you stay around a bit longer, and no, I would not mind if you came to my wedding.  That is, if I have one."  I hug him.  "Thanks Simon," I breathe, "Thanks for everything you've done and everything you will do."

And before I cry into tears, I walk out to my car, and make my way for home.  I agree with his idea.  Instead of leaving him forever, it's awesome that we will now be very good friends.  Even though we can't love each other as eternal partners, we can still love each other as friends.  Good friends who stick with each other through thick and through thin.  My tears finally burst through, but not of sadness so much, but of happiness.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

SIMON'S POINT OF VIEW

After Calista leaves, I close the door and deadbolt it.  Quietly, I tuck the bear into the crib, turn off the lights, and close the door.  I eat some ice cream, wash my face, eat some more ice cream, and brush my teeth.  Then I go to bed.

I'd say my plan as being friends with Calista was really good and I'm looking forward to seeing her, not as a lover, but as a beautiful friend.  I know our friendship will grow as strong as our love did, if not more.  And hopefully, I can one day find someone who will refill the gap in my somewhat healing heart.  Someone who will capture my gaze as much as Calista did.
Perhaps my future isn't so grim after all.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

CALISTA'S POINT OF VIEW


It's nearly morning by the time I get home.  Before I even make it to the front steps, though, my water breaks and the labor starts immediately.  @$#%!!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

LUKE'S POINT OF VIEW




The little puppy, who has remained unnamed, is as playful as her sister, Skittles.  The kids absolutely adore her.  It's almost birthday time and the triplets constantly ask me when Calista will be back.

It's early morning when I walk to the kitchen to prepare breakfast before the chaos begins.  I'm am shocked to see Calista walking toward the front door with a baby in her arms.

Her eyes are red from crying (I'm assuming) but she smiles at me and, after setting the baby down, she come toward me and we embrace.  I can't help but smile back at her.  There are no angry words spoken because I am not mad at her and apparently she isn't either.  Although I'm aching to know where she was, I throw it back into my mind.  She's here now and that's what matters.

Silently, we hug and hold each other.  It's clear to see that she has missed me and I have missed her.  I can see it in her eyes and hopefully she can too.
After moments of silence, she speaks.

"I'm home and ready to listen."

I look down at our new baby 71, a boy named Toffee Molasses Smith, and slowly nod my head back at her.  

"Not yet though..." I respond.  She blushes with relief and we walk to the kitchen, hand in hand, to prepare breakfast together.  I can't wait to see the kids' faces when they see that their mother is home.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

FAMILY UPDATE

The z-triplets Zvon, Zenon, and Zuriel were babies 62-64.  Zvon decided not to get married but becamed the official "favorite uncle" of Zenon's and Zuriel's kids.  Zenon married Zaheera Zupfer.  She had pale greenish-blue skin, pale purple eyes, and soft pink hair.

They had son, Zarek, who didn't seem to mind having three younger siblings who were all girls.

After Zarek was born, Zenon and Zaheera tried for another baby and had Zari.  She had her father's hair.

The twins were born a few years after Zarek and Zari.  Twin girls named Zelena and Zerelda.  It seemed as Zelena was the only child to get her mother's pale skin tone.


Zuriel married Zadok Zamora.  He had bright red from head to toe, except for his eyes, which were a shocking neon pink.

They had their oldest daughters, twins named Zabrina and Zaila.  Their youngest child was Zafar who loved trailing behind his older sisters despite their giggles and whines about "cooties."


Rob and Liana  (babies 65 and 66) were doing exceptionally well.  Of course, Rob and Cassie got married and had the twins, Lance and Robert.


Liana's attitude and perspective on life definitely changed for the better.  She met a wonderful man in college named Seth Rune.  I was so proud to see my daughter so happy.  Throughout her childhood, I had been fearful that her demanding attitude and vanity would drive every boy away.

Another turn of events that surprised me even more was that Liana and Seth had SIX kids, despite the fact that Liana had always complained about how much she hated kids.  They had their first babies, the twins Crystal and Pyry.  Crystal was their only child to get Liana's amberish eyes.

Then they had the triplets, Flurry, Nevada, and Vanada.

As if having a set of twins and triplets wasn't enough, Liana and Seth tried for one more baby and had little Edur.

16 comments:

  1. First off, I have to get this off of my chest:

    I only love this post because Calista is getting back together with Luke. xD

    I have to say, it really was heartbreaking to see Simon and Calista part ways, and even sadder when he found out the baby wasn't his - but that's bad karma, dude. That's what you get for taking advantage of a innocent woman!

    It's good to know Simon's future might not be that bleak as one would expect (also there is this song that fits him perfectly, "Gotta Be Somebody" by Nickelback, where the lyrics really express his future).

    I LOVE seeing Destiny in your posts. It just made my day!

    And the family updates, EEK. Rob and Cassie look so good together. ♥

    One last time - YAY for Calista and Luke getting back together (hopefully?).

    AMAZING post, and glad to see all the drama resolved.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Calista,
    What beautiful babies.
    I felt sorry for simon abit, I think he really wanted a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's me!
    That final kiss with Calista and Simon really reminded me of Phantom of The Opera, it was Christine's way of showing she chose Erik, and Calista's way of showing that she chose Luke. I really liked the post, but it was sad and happy so happysad.

    I've been wondering, do you name all your grand-kids, or is it the default names?

    I'm glad Calista and Luke have worked it out, but I'm more glad that Simon gets to still be friends with her and come to the wedding.

    Your children are all so beautiful.

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
  4. im so happy that calista decided to get back together with luke! they are perfect for each other! i hope that Simon finds someone as amazing as Calista to spend the rest of his life with *wink wink*

    -Becks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Kinda...I'm happy for Simon and I think that I'll except that Calista needs to be with Luke... :)

    All your grandchildren are so beautiful!! They have the most interesting genes! :)

    I'm happy for Calista and Luke and how they got back together. Simon and Calista can still be best friends though, so that's good :) I hope they are best friends forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! I loved it! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked it!

    Do you have a forum on the sims 3 website?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Calista makes pretty babies and then her pretty babies make pretty grandbabies. ^.^

    Daaang... Simon LOVES ice cream, doesn't he? That silly man is going to get cavities if he keeps it up. D:

    Awww, Luke a Calista are together again. :3 Here's hoping he doesn't react to her and Simon too negatively. That would make me sad. And then I would get made and fling my laptop across the room. Just kidding, that would make me curl up in a ball and cry for hours because I obviously broke my laptop.

    Fabulous as usual and I can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *mad
    Heheh... That little typo was annoying me. :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. THE BEST 3 PART POST EVER!! I love how Calista and Simon finally moved on and now can still be friends. I can't wait to read more. :)

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete
  11. You already have many comments... but I will comment anyway :D

    Luke and Callie back together again, I think Simon going to their wedding (if that happens) is a bad idea, ex lover, new husband. One Night Stand with ex lover whilst with husband that wasn't husband at the time. Yeah doesn't work to well haha

    Simon seemed to want a baby, you should set him up with someone, you could say she's an old friend that needs showing around the town xD

    That puppy is pretty cute :3, you is going be in one of my posts soon well most of the challenge mothers are somehow :)

    YOUR KIDS, gah. I always say it, they're lovely!!! Also I loved your family update. Little Liana got a husband and six read it SIX kids, so I have 8 great grandkids including rob and cassie. Wow, I feel old writing that! XD

    Great post Callie, can't wait for baby 72, not to long now :)

    -Liana.

    P.S. I think you should make me a challenge father (colourful-ish) because these guys are making cute kids (looking at the Family update too) :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Again, I'm sorry it's taken so long to comment. Been a bit busy.... Anywho, this was such a great post!!! I cried. I felt so bad for Simon but things are now FINALLY okay between him and Calista. And thank goodness she is with Luke. I love Luke; he's such a good guy.

    I think you should definitely hook Simon up with someone, he'd make a great family man again.

    The kids just keep getting cuter! And in the family update I was SOOOOOO excited to see Liana happy and in a family! Her kids are gorgeous!

    Great post and can't wait for baby number 72!
    ~Megs~

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Dessie - Don't worry, I'm 98% sure that Luke and Calista will stay together for quite some time. ^_^

    @Entelligent - I feel bad for Simon too. He was really hoping Calista was pregnant with his baby.

    @Skye - Cool connection, I haven't seen the Phantom of the Opera but it does seem similar! And yes, I do name all the sims in my game. I also choose how many grandkids are born. I get carried away sometimes.... :)

    @Amiee - Don't worry, I'm working on a "friend" for Simon.

    @Truffle - I loved the way I included Simon in Calista's life. I didn't want him to go completely!

    @Paisley - Thanks! I can't either.

    @Fawnester - Thanks! Sorry, I don't have a forum.... :*(

    @Amanda - I'M going to get cavities if I eat a lot of ice cream. :D Lol, I love that emoticon. :3 I almost didn't notice it because it's not really in "smiley face" form. :3 I hate typos too!

    @Dawn - Thanks Dawnie! That's so kind of you to say. ^_^

    @Liana - Ooh! Would you really like me to make a challenge father for you? Would you like an existing one from my blog or would you like me to make you new one??????

    @Megs - It's okay, I understand! I'm glad you like Luke, I love him too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post was phenomenal! The scene with Simon was heartbreaking...but I'm glad things ended on good terms. I can't wait to read the next post! Eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok so just had to throw this in... Love the new design-thing of your, erm, well you know what I mean... It's awesome! :)
    ~Megs~

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post made me cry. I am happy in a way that Calista has finally resolved her love life problems but sooooo terribly sad at Simon's and Calista's parting. The part where he thought the baby was his broke my heart. Luke better not be cheating on her now or I will kill him!!!!!!! :) Rob and Cassie <3 and I love Liana's children.

    ReplyDelete