Thursday, December 8, 2011

Baby 71: Part 1 of 3: Two are better than one

NOTE

I'm going to change the way I post my pictures.  From now on the text will be below the pictures.

Update:  As of today (July 31, 2012), I have gone back to all of my previous posts and fixed all of the pictures so that they're above the text.  Phew, it's all done.  

Continue reading!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

LUKE'S POINT OF VIEW

Midnight gave birth to a beautiful puppy - another girl.  The cute little thing had chocolate brown fur around her eyes and a bright rainbow from the back of her head to the very tip of her tail.  Her eyes were orange like her father's.

After a quick check to see if she was healthy (she was), I returned her to her mother to finish getting her bath.  


Unfortunately, I was not in the mood to name her.  Calista had just left as if on a whim and I was here with the children, not knowing at all when she'd come back, let alone where she was.

It was fairly easy taking care of the kids, they all grew up so fast.

Mornings were the toughest part of the job.  I had to make sure everyone was fed, starting with baby Catherine.  She was cute, but demanding.  


She looked so much like Calista, which made my heart ache everytime Cat looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes.  

"Will somone please feed Catherine?"   I begged as I whipped up some waffles.  They were slightly on the burnt side but I didn't care.  "Kiara, get off the table!"  

Liana:  Ugh, waffles again... and I hate that baby, so much crying.

Jessabelle: We just had waffles last night for dinner.  I want an omelet.  Eww, why are there dirty ants on the table?

Luke:  Could you please move all this sh-, I mean stuff off the counter?  And would someone feed the dogs and get Kiara OFF the table?

Megs:  Daddy, you just swore!

Rob:  I'll feed Catherine.

Luke:  Kiara, OFF!

"Here's you go, let's get you some milk, how about that Cat?"  Rob was probably my best help right now.  

"Thanks Rob,"  I managed to say through gritted teeth.  

"Hey, no problem."  

Finally, we get everything done before the bus comes.  Liana cleaned up the dishes from breakfast, the triplets helped take care of the pets, and even little Catherine occupied herself with her peg box.


Once all the kids were gone, the chaos went with them.  I only had to take care of one child until 3:30 when it would start all over again.  For now, I enjoyed the peace.  I had been so busy lately, I hardly had time to think about Calista.
"Hold out you hand Cat, like this."  I demonstrated with my own hand and Catherine mimicked me. 

Kiara was happy for the attention.  I quickly whipped out my camera and worked on getting some cute pictures of Catherine and Kiara together.  

For lunch Catherine and I went out for ice-cream and later, while she was taking a nap, I worked on cleaning up around the house a bit more by doing laundry, sweeping, and doing the taxes, which were due by the end of the week.

As I was rushing past the dining room, I had to stop.  Since when had we gotten an ant farm?  I shrugged it off and hoped Calista would not mind it.  It was probably just a project for one of the triplets' science classes or something.  As quickly as they had left, they were home again.  Tired and whiney, they all marched into the dining room to start their homework.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

LIANA'S POINT OF VIEW

Cassie Lemon and I drifted apart from each other throughout middle school.  We were now in high school and never spoke with each other unless forced to.  She still came over to my house every day though.  I was suspicious of her and constantly invited her to come over until it became a regular thing.  She surprisingly agreed even though I knew she hated me.  And I hated her as well, especially since I was quite sure I knew of her little secret.  Plus, she looked so ugly with those freckles.  I didn't mind them much when we were younger but now they just made her look so old.

"Um... I'm going to go do my homework, you can just hang out in the office, no one will bother you in there."  I suggested.

"Sure Li."  She agreed.

I sat in the dining room which shared a wall with the office, so I could clearly hear what was going on.  My twin brother, Rob, was in the dining room.  As I entered he quickly looked up at me and then pulled his books to his chest and got up to leave.

"Where are you going?"  I asked stiffly.

He jumped at the sound of my voice but quickly covered it up with a look of composure.  "Just going to check some things."  He replied.

"In the office?"

"Um, yes.  How'd you know?"

I shrugged and smiled at him.  "Just a lucky guess."

He eyes me suspiciously but left the room with a few strides.  He was very tall and had such long legs he could probably walk across the entire Sunset Valley within a few minutes!  Ugh, and I hated that sweater.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

ROB'S POINT OF VIEW

I walked out of the dining room as quickly as I could.  I knew this was one of my only chances to see her.

"Hey."  I said cooly, she was typing on the computer and jumped slightly at the sound of my voice.

"Hey...." she responded as she continued typing.  She looked so hot in that outfit....

I leaned over her shoulder, just so I could feel the soft skin on her arm.  Her shoulders were lightly sprinkled with freckles which made her just so utterly adorable.  

She wasn't doing anything of importance (that I could see) so I grabbed the mouse and closed the window she was staring at.  She spun around and kissed me full on the lips.

"Oh, Rob!"   Her gloves grabbed tightly to my sweater as she pulled me to her body.

"As much as I hate coming here with that... devil.  It's totally worth the few moments I get to see you."  She whispered.

I stared into those beautiful eyes, brushed her cheek with my hand, and gave her a big hug.  "I should probably go."  

Then with a kiss, I left the office.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

LIANA'S POINT OF VIEW

She was helping to put Catherine to bed and I was pissed.  Why was she so nice?

She probably just liked kids because she was an only child who would never experience what a pain kids were, until she had them with... urgh, my brother.  

Yes, that was her secret.  And after that last meeting a few weeks ago, I now had proof.  And I was disgusted.  My brother?  What kind of friend does that to another friend?

"Oh Li!  She's so cute!"

I roll my eyes but feign a cheery smile and say, "I know, I love her so much."

"Time for bed Cat!"  She exclaims as she expertly settles the toddler down.

I walk out the room and Cassie soon follows.

I turn around to face her.  "You *****!"

She looks stunned, "What?!?!"

"Why are you ****ing dating my brother!!!!

She closes her eyes, as if she knew this moment would happen.

"Why does it matter to you?"

"Because he's my brother!  Hello???"

"You don't even know if I'm dating him or not.  What if I'm not, then you'd be really embarrassed."

"Just say that you are!"

"I'm not.  You're just saying that so you can put the blame of all your past mistakes out on me.  Now please, leave me ALONE."  I'm standing there awestruck as she walks away and out the door.

Before school starts the next morning, I walk in as my brother is sharpening his chess skills.

"Tell me.  Tell me the truth.  NOW."

He looks as equally baffled as Cassie did.  What if I was just imagining it?  No, I heard them talking together with my very own ears.  There had to be something going on.

Rob stands up as I glare at him, waiting for an answer.

"What do you want to know sis?"

"I'm not playing games.  Tell me if you're dating her or not."

"Who?"

"You know who I'm talking about.  Cassie, for Pete's sake!"

He's silent as he stares at me.

"Well?  If you're not going to confess to me, just answer this one question, do you like her?  As in like her like her?"

He sighs.

"If I answer, please leave me alone."

"Yes!  Now tell me!"

"I do like her.  She seems really nice.  But look, even if I am dating her, which I'm NOT, what does it matter to you?"

"I like to know these things.  Plus, it's so weird and immature and gross for your best friend from elementary school to date you twin brother."

"Jeez Li, I really don't get you sometimes.  Just leave it be, will ya?  I'm not dating and personally, if I was, it doesn't have anything to do with you."

"Yes, it has everything to do with me.  I'm your sister, I have the right to know these things."  She's still very annoyed but the yelling has stopped - that's usually a good sign.

"Why do you care about Cassie?  Look, I know you don't even like her anymore so there's seriously no point to any of this drama.  Would you please quit it?"

"Humph."  I frown but don't say any more.  The bus honks and dad yells at us to get on it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

LUKE'S POINT OF VIEW

I work on teaching Catherine how to walk and talk.  She's really one of the only babies to take a liking to me, since she hasn't really had time to get to know Calista.

Pretty soon, my free time is whipped away from me when the kids come home.  We have a homework study hour.  Despite the fight I heard last night with Cassie and Liana, Cassie is still coming over.  She helps me help the triplets with their algebra and reading homework.

Cassie finishes hers way before Liana.  "I think I'm going to go now.  Thanks for inviting me Liana and thank you Mr. Lockhart for letting me stay."

"No, thank you Cassie for helping the triplets.  They really benefit from your help.  Liana, the door?"

Liana glares at me and rolls her eyes but starts to get up.  Cassie quickly says, "Oh that's okay, I can get it myself."

"Okay, you sure?"

"Yep!"  Just then, Rob appears.

"I think I'm going to go out to the library, 'kay dad?"  He says.

"Sure.  Hey Cassie, do you mind if Rob takes you home?"

"No, not at all.  I'd love that actually."  I notice Liana shooting daggers at Cassie and I pretend I didn't see that.  What is going on with that girl?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

ROB'S POINT OF VIEW

"Finally, we're away from that... well, her."  I say, exasperated.

"Again, it was well worth a trip home with you."  She says.  We're standing on the deck.  I fumble around in my pocket for my car keys.  We get into the car and I start the ignition.  I drive past the road that would take her to her house.

"Hey, we past the-"  She notices.

"Oh, I'm not going to go to the library, we're going to have some well deserved time together."

I take a right turn and then another right onto the beach property that is secluded and private.  We settle down in the sand and snuggle close.  I look into her eyes and they glimmer back at me.  

The moon shines its reflection through them and I feel like I can see every star in the universe.

We lay back and stare into the sky.

"Ugh, this is uncomfortable."  Cassie tears off her shoes and throws them behind us.  "Ahh, much better."  I hesitate but do the same.  The sand it cool and my feet touch hers.  They're soft and smooth compared to mine but she doesn't mind.

After staring up for a while, she finally speaks.

"You know, your sister really hates that we're together.  I don't get it, do you know why she's like that?  It's not like we're doing anything illegal or anything.  We're just dating."

"I have no idea.  It might be because she feels as though you having a boyfriend makes you prettier and more popular than she is or I don't deserve someone as beautiful and caring as you."

Cassie laughs and I continue.  "She's been like that for as long as I've known her, which is a really long time."  I turn to face her and she looks back.

"Liana's a beautiful girl but I feel so bad for her sometimes.  Another reason could be because she doesn't have a boyfriend at the moment and I do.  That guy broke up with her last year and she hasn't had a boyfriend since.  Also, she probably doesn't think I deserve someone as amazing and wonderful as you."

I give her hand a squeeze.  "I've always wanted to know if part of it is because she keeps trying to be more perfect than everyone and it's just not attainable.  But you know what?  I seriously don't care what she thinks.  She can be a bit of a grouch, can't she.  "

"So should I tell her we are, in fact, dating?  'Cuz I told her we weren't."

I have to think about this a moment but I finally respond... "That's funny, I didn't tell her we were dating either.  I want to see the expression on her face when she finds out.  So yes, she should tell her."

Cassie gets up and pulls me with her.  "Let's go right now," she grins.

"Right now?"

"Yes, you silly."  We run to the car after one last moonlit kiss.

I drive back home slowly and once we get into the house, Cassie and I openly show our love for each other.  I know Liana will come walk past us soon.  And she does just a few minutes after our arrival.

"I KNEW it!"  She screeches accusingly but Cassie and I aren't at all fazed.

"Ugh!  Liana, you annoy the heck out of me.  Why can't you just leave us alone.  It's none of your business who Cassie and I date."

"Yeah?  Well, it matters to me when the two of you are dating each other!  Especially since you lied to me about it.  Both of you lied to me."

Cassie cuts in.  "It's because you can be so... frustrating and demanding and pushy.  If you were nicer, we would have told you the truth you... you...."  

Cassie stops, not wanting to say any bad words I'm assuming which is good because my little sisters are sleeping down the hall.  I think Cassie's sudden rage has shocked Liana.  Liana isn't used to have other people (besides me) yell at her, especially other people like her best friend.

Liana just glares at us and waves her arms helplessly until she finally whips around in the other direction and struts away.

My heart stops racing.  She didn't react as badly as I thought she was going to.  It's over and the truth is finally revealed.  As if adding to the moment, the washing machine breaks down.  I hear dad swear... but pretend not to have heard it.

"I should go...." Cassie says.  She gives me a sad looks but I beg her to stay, just one night, and she agrees.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

LUKE'S POINT OF VIEW

It's been so long and school is almost out.  Liana has gotten way more mellow since the "reveal."  We throw an "end of the school year" party for Rob, Cassie, and Liana as they age up into young adults.

Rob is as smart and kind as ever.  He seems to attract women without trying to, much to his sister's "delight."  

Unfortunately, he is unavailable because he and Cassie plan to get married soon, so Calista and I will be expecting some grand kids soon.


Liana's as beautiful as she was as a teen and she's definitely maintained her short temper.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

LIANA'S POINT OF VIEW

Rob and Cassie are about to leave to start a life of their own.  I walk in and my heart is thumping hard.  This has got to be the most difficult thing in my life.

"Um... Rob?  Cassie?  I have something I need to say."

They look at me with happy expressions on their faces.  Nothing could taint their moods, not even World War III.

"Yes Liana?"  Rob asks cautiously.

I look into their cheery eyes.  I've been fighting myself for so long I just can't take it.

"I'm so sorry for how I've been acting and I... I... I'm really happy for you too.  You deserve each other more than any couple in the world."  It's so mushy and unoriginal but it's definitely true.  They are the perfect couple and their personalities compliment each other so well.

"Aww, Li.  I could never stay mad at you... no matter how annoying or mean you get."

Normally I would yell at him for saying that but for some reason I feel so different.  The rage inside of me has hushed all of a sudden and my body feels all - tingly?  Whatever it is, I feel so happy.  I feel genuinely happy!

My thoughts are whirling around my head but I am suddenly inturrupted by a hug from my brother.  I hug him back ever so tight.  I hug Cassie too and whisper, "I'm sorry" in her ear.  Then we all walk out to the car, Rob and Cassie hand in hand, and me, happier than I have been in a long time.  I'm just hoping that I'll find someone just like Rob, to spend the rest of my days with.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

LUKE'S POINT OF VIEW

I've been teaching Catherine how to talk over the weeks.  She was kind of quiet so getting her to talk in the first place was quite hard but it gets easier and easier each day.  I've taken up the method of teaching her a new word everyday.  

She's super smart and is catching up quickly.  We are on pretty challenging words now.  Her most recent word was: Challenge.

After Catherine learned her daily word, I placed her into her swing.  The triplets, who were having a pajama day, walked in and I gave them the duty to watch Catherine.  While in the kitchen, I overheard their conversation:

Lara: Oh my gosh, I can't believe we used to fit in those swings!  They're so small compared to what I we have at school on the playground.

Jessabelle:  Oh, Catherine is so cute!  Hi girl!  I'm so glad we have a little sister.  I can't believe she doesn't have any siblings!  I can't imagine my life with your girls!

Megs:  Too bad she hasn't have much time to spend with mom....

I sighed... I'd been trying to forget about Calista and hold myself up but one mention of her name made my hopes drop.   Two of the triplets appeared next to me.

"Hey dad?"

"Yes, girls?"

"Where's mom?  Is she coming back?"  Lara asked.

"Yes, she is... she's on... a mini vacation.  She just needs a break.  If you know what I mean."

"Okay...."

"She will be coming back, don't you worry.  Now go set the table for lunch."

"Yes sir!"

I had to hold back the tears as I thought about Calista and tried to get her out of my mind.  God I missed her.... 

"Time for bed Cat."  I said, as I tucked baby Catherine into her crib.

She looked up at me and her lower lip quivered.  "Me no want to go to sleep.  I want Beary!"

I pursed my lips.  I wanted to say no but her face was so innocent I couldn't resist.  "Okay, just a second."

I rushed out of that room as quickly as I could into the toy room where I grabbed "Beary" and an assortment of other stuffed animals and then rushed back into Catherine's bedroom.

"Here you go sweetie," I cooed as I placed all the stuffies into her crib.

She finally calmed down and I kissed her sweet blond head once again.  "Sweet dreams, my angel."

To distract ourselves (mostly me) I bought us a bird.

We named him Azul for obvious reasons.

The girls really took a liking to him.

He showed them responsibility and gave them a new thing do to on those "lazy days."

Kiara also got a lot of attention from the girls.

I think she preferred them to Catherine because they didn't have drool coming out of their mouth nor did they smell bad like Catherine sometimes did.

And, to help cheer them up, I let the triplets re-decorate their room.

They loved spending time in there.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE
Thank you AevalM/Skye Everard and Linrocks99/Claire Bunker for the badges!  I really appreciate the Christmas gifts girls.  ^_^

Also, sorry this post was so late!!  I've had the pictures taken for such a long time but just yesterday I finished writing the actual post to match the pictures.  Now that it's winter break for me (Yay, two weeks off!) I'll hopefully be able to post part 2 soon.

Thanks for reading and please comment!

13 comments:

  1. CALISTA, WHERE ARE YHU?!?!

    I miss seeing her in posts... :( I'm gonna be so happy to see her again in Part 2!

    First off - poor Luke. Having to deal with so much responsibility on his own... It's like he got Calista's lifestyle, minus having babies all the time.

    THE KIDS! Oh gosh, how I adore them! They always look so colorful. I'm so glad Liana has finally become nicer, and that Cassie and Rob are exclusive. ^_^

    Lara and her sisters... They just have me giggling. They look adorable with their matching colors and outfits.

    AMAZING post, and looking forward to part 2 & 3!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what drama! LOL This post was awesome! I love all the crazy that poor Luke had to go through...bless his heart! All the drama with Liana and Cassie and Rob was insane, but I'm glad it worked out in the end...
    The triplets are soooo cute and they look so much like Calista!
    I really enjoyed this! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new chapter,It was so good I like the part in the kitchen when everyone was going mad and panicy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like hearing from lukes point of view. you are amazing at taking pictures!

    i LOVE the kids and i find it so sweet how the triplets miss their mom :(

    cassie and rob are AMAZING together! hopefully we will see some grand babies soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see Calista in this here post! :@

    You'd better come back C.

    I loved reading this and the picture I completely adored was Catherine and Kiara being cutsie together(a)

    My grandkids, aww so lovely! Good luck to Rob following his dream childhood love and I can't wait to see my GREAT-Grandchildren (makes me sound so old!):p and their marriage if they do get married and have kids that is.

    Wow, Little Li has attitude! If she finds a man who can deal with her, good luck to that guy, but I love her all the same just as you probably do! Well done with the post! :D








    We'd better see you again *glares at Calista sim* ;) ...I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post was fun to read.
    I'm glad Liana finally accepted Cassie's relationship with Rob.
    I miss Calista. :c

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last comment was me from my iPod. I forgot to say that in it. By the way, which program/website did you use to make the banner of Catherine and Kiara?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I read all of your comments and they made me laugh so much!!!! Especially yours Liana. :DDD

    @Charlie - I don't have any fancy programs or websites for my pictures. :( I just put the pictures onto a word document and then arranged them the way I wanted. Then I took a picture of the screen (with a PC I hit the [prt sc] key). Then I pasted the picture into Paint and ta daa!!!!

    Yeah, I'm super high tech. I really wish I had those photo editing programs sometimes....

    Thanks everyone for your comments, I love reading them and I'm glad you liked the post. They totally made my day. :) Hopefully part 2 will be out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MERRY CHRISTMAS! (or Happy Holidays depending on what you celebrate)
    I loved this post! The triplets are so cute! And so is Catherine! I feel so bad for Luke, having to deal with all that madness.
    I'm glad Liana and Rob finally worked things out and Liana lost some of her attitude.
    Calista needs to come back! I miss her being in posts! I can't wait for part 2!
    ~Megs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your very welcome for the badge!! The girls are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post!!

    Rob and Cassia are ADORABLE together!!! I'm so glad they found love. I'm so happy Liana finally learned her lesson. I'm so happy things worked out between them.

    Azul is so cute XD I've taken a particular liking to the triplets.

    The picture where Catherine was covered in her stuffed animals in her crib made me literally laugh. It was so cute!

    I love Midnight's new puppy! She's so adorable!! I can't wait to see what she ends up looking like.

    I hope Calista comes home soon! I miss her!!!! I can't wait for part 2!
    -
    -Violet W.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Calista better come back soon >:( jkjk...I'll wait :)

    Great post and I can't wait for more!! I wanna know what's going to happen next...

    Is Calista at Destiny's wedding? That's where I thought she was but now I'm not so sure...

    Anyways I can't wait for the next post!! :D so excited!! :D:D

    -Truffle Legacy :)

    P.S. Sorry I sound a little hyper...I was on an overnight airplane ride for 9 hours and I only slept 4 hours...so...excuse my randomness :P I'm a little loopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just FINALLY caught up! I LOVE your blog! It's AMAZING! :D

    ReplyDelete