Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Baby 13

Rose was a very cute baby.  She would coo and gurgle every time I held her and she hardly ever cried.  On her head she had pale blue hair.

Every week Peeta would come and visit her.

After about a year of living in the past, Peeta packed up to leave for the future.

"I will try my best to visit at least once before the baby grows up and moves out," he promised.

I understood that he had a lot of stuff going on at his house and in his life.  I crossed my fingers that he would return within the next decade and a half.  We had a long passionate kiss (I couldn't resist) before he stepped into the machine.

"I'm so glad I got to meet you, Calista," he whispered into my ear.

And within a few moments, he was gone.  I couldn't wait to see his face again when he would once again see our little Rose.

Both Jordan and Peyton were on the JV swim team.  In order to make it on the varsity team, they had to swim three hours everyday to keep in shape.  It was intense but they thrived under the pressure.

I needed to move a lot faster in this challenge if I want to complete it.  While on the computer looking for available father's, I suddenly had a vision of the repoman taking our trampoline.  I vaguely remembered that his name was Alan... was it Watanabe?

It would be pretty cool to have a repochild with a repoman so I called him up.  He was busy with his duties but I finally got through to him when I called him at 8:00.  I guess a lot of people don't pay their bills.  He came at 3 the next afternoon.  I hardly recognized him with that big grin on his face.  I remembered him as a grumpy, mad man.

I learned that he was evil and also inappropriate.  I hope and prayed my child would not end up like him while he slobbered all over me.  He was quite gross but I could tell he was not doing it to be mean and, hey, I needed some excitement and variety in my life, didn't I?

We proceeded to make baby thirteen and then I politely suggested that he leave using Rose's birthday as an excuse.  That's when he apologized for being so immature.  He had never had a girlfriend before or anything close to that and he asked if he could stay for the celebration.

Feeling pity for him, I let him stay.  Alan was being quite obnoxious and rude, he had resorted to his usual ways. So much for the apology.  He laughed and pointed at Rose while she grew up.  I would have kicked him out if he had not been in his underwear.  That gave everyone something to laugh about!

Rose, baby 12, grew up into a toddler.  She had my blue hair and Peeta's captivating bright blue eyes.  I think that color combination looks really good together.

The cake was delicious.  Peeta had baked it to us and sent it through the time machine especially for her birthday.

I decided to call my parents over for dinner.  I hadn't seen them for what seemed like ages and we really needed to check up on each other, plus, they wanted to meet the baby from the future.  She was teething right now.

That night mom and dad came over.  We talked about the kids and traded mother-daughter secrets while dad was with the kids.  She then told me that she was thinking about retiring right when she became an elder.

"Mom!  I am so proud of you.  I thought this day would never come.  I mean, you could have retired years ago with how well your job was doing and I thought you'd work forever.  What made you change you mind?" I said, excitedly.

"Well, I realized that work was not my highest expectation anymore and I wanted to help you find men for your challenge and spend more time with my grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and probably great-great-grandchildren.  Also, I've really wanted to travel around the world.  Your father was the one who helped me finalize the decision," she explained.

She seemed almost as happy about the decision as I was, which is saying something.

To celebrate mom's decision to retire so much earlier than anyone expected, we had key lime pie for dinner.  Mmmmm!!

Mom and dad commented on how polite the kids were.

I said, "Yeah, I am so proud of my babies.  Thanks honeys."

And I kissed each one on top of their heads to tease them.

"Mooommmm!!" they all complained, but I could tell they were proud to help their mother.

After school and homework, the boys played catch.  Jordan, being the expert, showed Phineas how to catch and throw a football properly.  He even showed Phineas his famous wind up. 

"Get ready!" I heard him shout.

Phineas looked awfully afraid that the ball would hit him.  Poor boy.  As it came towards him he ducked...

...and missed.

"That's alright Phineas," Jordan encouraged, "Remember, practice makes perfect!"

Phineas was able to do it himself by the time I called them in for dessert.

I tried out my miner.  I discovered a Mysterious Mr. Gnome.  I sold it right away because I still think that they are creepy.

Everyone helps each other with homework.

Ferb and Jordan tried painting and felt quite discouraged because Peyton was very good at it.

I purchased a changing table/dresser from a secondhand shop and painted it purple.  It was much more convenient because it was downstairs so I wouldn't have to run upstairs to change the babies outfits and diapers.

After cleaning up the kitchen, I was walking to the bathroom when I felt my water break.  This baby was coming early and wanted out.  Ferb started freaking out.  He looks so cute when he does that!

I was going to have the baby at home and it was pretty painful without the medications at the hospital.  I went cross-eyed and nearly fainted.  I managed to make it through the worst of it.  Then he was out!  My little repo-baby named Jacob Allen.  This pregnancy had gone much faster than any of the others and I was very relieved it was over.  Jacob had his tiny hands balled up into fits as if he wanted to punch someone.  Like father, like son....

5 comments:

  1. Awe cute baby! I hope he doesn't turn out like his father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't want Jacob to turn out like his father. His father was really not my type of guy (and not Calista's either). It makes me feel really good that you are reading through all of Calista's challenge. I love getting these comments. They help me get through the day more easily. My life has been very busy with the end of the school year. I have many finals, speeches, etc going on and coming up. Thanks again for commenting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Infallible logic: "It would be pretty cool to have a repochild with a repoman so I called him up." Haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is so cute love the hunger games thing the books are the best!!!!!! I wrote a letter to Suzanne Collins and she wrote back!!!!! I'd be glad to give you her adress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Crzydramaqueen5 - :D

    @Anon - I love the Hunger Games too! That's so cool how Suzanne Collins wrote back to you... I always though that people like her never respond to fan mail but apparently they do. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete