Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Baby 73 and 74: Part 2 of 2


My hair looks so different and amazing.  I believe my friends had to pry my hands away from them with one of Luke's crowbars just so they could make it to the front door.  My hair is a beautiful shade of brownish-red and the cut, don't even mention that.  It's totally not what I would see myself wearing in a million years but yet, here I am, with this do that totally takes off years.  It looks similar to Luke's hair, now that I think about it, but that just makes me love it more.

Luke gets home late from one of his tours.

"Don't come in!"  I caution.

I know that the expression on his face is probably alarm but in a good, cheerful kind of way.

"And why ever not?"  He teases, playing along with me.  From the sound of his voice I know that he's right outside the bedroom door.

"...Because I have a new hairdo, and I want you to act surprised even if you're not."

"Calista---"

"Sh, no buts.  I don't care if you're tired."

"Okay..."  He finally caves in.

I finally let him in.

"Tadaa!!!!  A girl with an amazing new hairdo!"
"Calista, you look... beautiful!  And wow, it's so short!"

He comes over and weaves his fingers through my hair, taking a lock of it and running it through his fingers, as he did when my hair was longer.  I try not to think about the gross things that are probably on his hands from traveling but I ignore my OCD-ish thoughts and embrace him as a mother and girlfriend should - with love and compassion.

"Hmmm," he murmurs against my neck.  "I miss the blue and the... longness, but I think I could get used to this."  I pull away, look at him, and cross my arms.

"Good, because it'll take forever to grow back."

"Yes, yes it will darling."  Then he pulls me in for a slow kiss and pulls away just as quickly.  "Now I have to go get packed."

"Really?"  I whine.  "Can't you wait for tomorrow??"  I give him puppy eyes and feign a break down.

"Ah," he thinks, "Alright."  Then we meet in the middle and make passionate love until dawn (not literally, more like 3:00 am).  Yes I didn't get any sleep and yes the Hadleigh woke us up at 5 but it was totally worth it.

"Ah, my aching back..." I complain as I lift Hadleigh out of her crib and into her high chair.

That little girl can and will eat anything... and she doesn't even get any of the weight or negative side effects from doing so.  She could probably eat a whole pizza and still have room for dessert.

"Up we go!"  I cheer as she reaches up to me to let her out.  Hadleigh seems very interested in motion so we're going to try the bouncy rides outside today.

It'a a great day today, the sun is shining and the birds are chirping and there are only a few clusters of clouds.  We walk outside to the backyard and I work with Hadleigh on her walking skills.

Later she enjoys the bouncy ride.  After a delicious lunch - Hadleigh ate buttered noodles and I had delicious macaroni and cheese - Hadleigh settles herself in between the dogs for an afternoon nap.
While Hadleigh is taking her nap, Toffee comes home from school.

"Hey bud, what's up?  How was school?"

"Oh, it's was okay.  Guess what?!"

"What?"

"I got an A on my math test!!!!"

"Good job Toffee!  I knew you could do it.  Now aren't you glad daddy made you practice all those problems last night?"

"Yes..."

"So, what would you like to do before your sister wakes up?"

"Well, I don't have any homework so could we go to the beach?"

"We don't have that much time tight now but I'm sure we could go later tonight.  It is a Friday after all."

"Yay!!"  He exclaims as he runs down the hall.

Luke comes home at about the same time Catherine does.  Cat seems disinterested in going to the beach but reluctantly agrees when I tell her that she can bring one of her friends.  I begin to pack some snacks and beverages.


By 4:00 we are off and out the door.  The kids play in the sand and I expect Luke to sit out in the sun like I do but instead he joins the children in their little games.


Of course, it is awesome for him to do that and I have Catherine to sit next to... until she leaves once her friend, Bella Lavinger comes.  Now, I'm all alone so I shut my eyes and take a short little nap.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CATHERINE'S POINT OF VIEW

Bella and I walk down the beach so we can't be overheard by the adults.  Her dark eyes gave me that "let's talk serious business" look.

"He likes you Cat."  She blurts.

"Who?"  I asked although I knew who she was talking about.

"Marcus Bradley."

"NO!  You've got to be joking.  I'm too shy for someone like him."

Suddenly Bella gets all quiet, which is not like her.

"What is it Bells?"

I follow her gaze and there's Marcus with one of his friends.

"Oh my god, I can't let him see me.  Do I look okay?"  Before she can respond Marcus and his friend, Jared Langley.

"Hey girls!"  Marcus waves.

"Bella!"  Jared says.

"H-hiii!"  I slur like a drunk.

Boy, why can't I be cool when I want to be.

Bella doesn't even say anything.  She just lifts her hand.

"So, what are you girls up to?"  Marcus asks.  Why he'd be interested in me is out of the question.

"Aw, nothing.  Just hanging out and...um.... talking."  I attempt to say without stuttering.

Then my phone chimes.  I take it out and it's a text from mom telling me that they're leaving and how long will I be gone?  I quickly text back saying I'll be home before nightfall.

Then I jump back into the conversation just as Bella asks, "Care to join us?"

"Sure," they say.  Okay, I was not expecting that.  We walk over to an area with benches and sit down on them.

We chat and have a good time.  It's nearing sunset and I've noticed Bella is being especially friendly, not to mention flirty, with Jared.

"Well, it's best that I go...."  Bella said.  Jared stands up also.

"I'll walk you to your car."  He says.  Bella blushes and then agrees.  As she walks away she winks at me and I wink back.

Oh no... now I'm alone with Marcus.  Eep, what do I do?!?!

"Hey Cat."  *sigh* He called me Cat.  I sit their a bit dazed when I realize he's waiting for a response.

"Yeah?"  I finally say.

"Would you like to... come to go to a movie or something?"

Oh my freakin' GOD!  Is he asking me out?  I may be no expert in dating but I'm pretty sure he is.

"Um.... sure.  I'd love to Marcus."

"Great, I'll pick you up tomorrow at seven, 'kay?"  He smiles.  His dark hazel eyes shine.

"Sounds great!"  I beam back.  We stand up and, hesitantly, he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"See you tomorrow Cat."

"See ya."

I run to mom's car, drive home as soon as I can, run to my room, and quickly get on Facebook with Bella.

"EEEE!!!"  I type.  "You'll never guess what happened!"

"Marcus?!?!"  She guesses.

"He asked me out!  Tomorrow!"

"Wow, that's amazing Cat.  Jared asked me out too!"

"He did!  Wow, it's like a double deal!"

"Omg, it sure it.  Hey, what are you going to wear?"

I pause... "I hadn't thought about that.  Oh my gosh, what should I do."

"Let's go shopping tomorrow okay?"

"Sure!"  I agree.


It's about an hour before my date.  Bella is helping me with my hair while I'm sitting there in my cami and shorts.  She leaves and makes me promise that I tell her everything that happens.  Then I slip on my dress and when I hear the car pull up I kiss mom and dad good-bye and walk out to where Marcus is waiting.

"You look amazing Catherine."

"Thanks Marcus."

"Please, call me Marc."

"Okay, Marc."

First Marc wants me to meet his parents.  I can definitely see that Marc's hair is almost a perfect mix of his parent's hair.  His littler sister is really cute.  I know she'd make a great friend for Toffee and she is in the same grade.  I'll ask him if he knows her when I get home.  After a quick introduction Marc and I whisk off to the theater.  We're going to watch some teenage drama that is currently "the rage" right now.

The movie was great and we're walking out.  I can finally turn on my phone and when I do is bleeps, saying that I have some messages.  I check the first one and apparently mom had gone into labor while I was in the theater.

"Oh gosh, um, Marc... I gotta go."

"Oh okay.  Well, I had a great time Cat."

"Me too."  I blushed.

Then he leaned in and we shared our first kiss.  Right in front of the movie theater.  He held onto my hand for the entire car ride and kissed me one last time after dropping me off.  I was practically skipping to see if my new sibling had been born.  Oh, correct that, I meant "siblings."  Yes, mom had twins.

Baby 73 was a boy whom we named Cyan Turq Smith.

Baby 74 was a little girl, Spring Aqua Smith.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE

Thank you so much to Christy Quinn for helping me pick out Calista's hair color (as well as all of the other Facebookers who helped give suggestions)!  I loved seeing what you all were curious to see Calista have!

Also, thank you StellaNera for the hair color Calista has(Changing Colors - brown, orange).

14 comments:

  1. I find it funny that Jared is named almost like a boy in my school, except he's Jared Lange.

    I wonder what the twins look like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, that's creeeeeppppyyyy!!!!! But cool in a strange way. ;D

      His last name is really similar too.

      Sim = Jared Langley
      Real life guy = Jared Lange.

      Whoa. :O

      Delete
  2. Great part 2 Calista, I love her new Hairdo so Funky !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooooh at first I was a little creeped out at Calista's hair...I'm just so used to her blue-ness :) Then I got used to it. I love her (your) hair!!

    Marcus IS cute, as some people have already mentioned ^.^ I love that hair, btw.

    Great chapter and I'm SOO excited for the next chatper :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh! I have to admit I got a little misty seeing Calista's new non-blue hair...but it looks gorgeous! All the kids are adorable in this one...Toffee and Hadleigh and soooo cute! And Cat & Marc's little puppy love connection is precious! Great post as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Calista looks so different!! But in a good way.^_^
    Cat and Marc are too cute together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cyan and Spring are just adorable, as always!
    OHMYGOD.
    Calista's new hair style.. I FREAKING LOVE IT! <3
    it looks so unique and different and awesome, though I can't lie, I will miss Calista's beautiful blue hair!
    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right, first thing.. woah! You're no longer Dessie's "blue freak". Dude it's so weird seeing you with non blue hair, but it looks good and Luke showed you his appreciation of liking it ;)
    Catherine has found love, and she has already met his parents, good sign!
    I wonder what your twins will look like! Cute, I bet, like all your kids.
    Looks like you all had a good time at the beach :)

    -Liana (red haired freak and now only "freak".. i think ;D!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baha nope! But to all of you out there, Calista will not be keeping her hair like this for long so don't you worry. ^_^

      Delete
  8. I'm going to be honest here, I'm going to miss her blue hair. She looks completely different. But GREAT post! LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally, I don't like the new hair color or style too much. But it's just a preference thing. Not sure if I'll get over it, though. Yes, that means Calista is staying BLUE in my game. ^_^

    I saw that photo of that one male sim on Facebook... I was wondering when you would be unveiling him, and I now see you did. I think he and Catherine fit together nicely!

    Interesting names you chose for the babies.

    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, whatever floats your boat. Anywho, truthfully, I don't like it either! That's exactly why I chose it. I wanted something weird, different, and totally un-Calista-ish, so apparently, it worked!

      Also, I personally don't really like the twin's names (and I would change them but the damage has been done) but I wanted turquoise related names and that's all I could come up with at that moment.

      Hehe, I'm glad you liked it Des! I can't wait to read YOUR next update. :D

      Delete
  10. Love the haircut-it's too cute!

    I'm getting mine cut soon-going to be so weird since it's at my shoulders right now and I go to chin length....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Calista looks HOT!

    I'm a little jealous. I'm not allowed to change Skye's hair colour.

    Also, I don't mind if you don't want to, but could you possibly upload Catherine's friend Bella? I think she's pretty, and I'd love to have her in-game.

    -Skye

    Ps: Loved the post!

    ReplyDelete