Sunday, January 22, 2012

Baby 73 and 74: Part 1 of 2

My grown up girls:  Lara, Jessabelle, and Megs.  They still do figure skating in their freetime and they told me that they're going to continue doing it.  I'm so proud of them for finding something in common with each other.  It's awfully hard for twin, let alone triplets, to find a common interest.  Despite their unique personalities, they've still managed to create an inseparable bond with each other.

Catherine is a beautiful girl.  She has naturally thick blond hair from her father and a passion for reading and cats.

Sweet little Toffee is no longer little, but he's still the sweetest boy you'll ever meet.

Hadleigh aged up into a curious toddler.  She definitely has some of her father's looks from his tan skin tone to his eyes.  One thing she has from me is her hair and perhaps my attitude.

The triplets have already picked out the house that they want and will be moving in.  Before they leave this afternoon Luke and I stop them in their tracks.

"Mom, what's with the creepy smile?"  Jessabelle asks bluntly. She was never one for patience, quick and to the point was her philosophy.

"Well, your father and I have decided that you guys deserve a little someone to come and live with you."

"Who could it be?"  Jessabelle mutters sarcastically.

"It can't be!"  Lara exclaims.

"Well..." Luke looks at me and I finish my sentence.  "We've decided that Iris needs a good home and our house is getting a bit crowded so we were wondering if you'd like to adopt her."

"YES!  YES!  YES!  Oh my gosh, this is AMAZING!   Thanks mom and dad!"  Lara screams excitedly.

I've never seen anyone get so giddy over a dog.  I try to cover myself.  From the tone of her voice, I just know she's going to launch herself at us but she doesn't.  I guess that's what becoming a grown-up does to people.
As if on cue, Iris comes padding in.  She goes straight to Lara and sits right in front of her as if saying, "I'm ready to go home mommy!"

Megs and Jessabelle complain a bit.  I guess having a whole new "person" to take care of wasn't on their top 10 list of things they wanted to do.  But they're happy for their sister and I know they'll grow to love Iris just as Lara does.

Kiara comes running in as the triplets come back in from packing up their car with their belongings.  Iris nuzzles her best friend and we promise to let them have play dates at least once a month.

"Come on girl, we gotta go to our new home now.  We'll see Ki soon, 'kay?"  Lara assures her.

And after a hug from me and a kiss on the cheek from Luke, the girls finally get into their car and drive to their new home across town.

Catherine comes in with Hadleigh in her arms and Toffee not too far ahead of her.

"Hey mom, can I adopt Skittles when I grow up?"  Toffee asks.

"Of course sweetie."  I reply.  "Now go finish your homework.  You still have school tomorrow."

"Catherine already helped me with my homework.  I didn't get anything wrong.  I love my older sister."

He beams. Catherine's such a big help.  As if proving my feelings further, Catherine says, "I'm going to get Hadleigh to sleep and then go take a shower.  That okay mom?"

I tell her of course and the three remaining children leave the room.

Luke leaves also to go say good night to Hadleigh and then make a night time snack for himself.  I'm surprised he's still in shape from all the junk food he eats.  Skittles and Midnight come in and they seem confused as to where Iris has gone.

"Aww, sweetie, don't be sad.  Iris went to go live on her own... you'll get over it soon girl."  I hug Midnight and she lays her sweet warm head on my shoulder.  I can feel the sadness in that dog and my own eyes start to tear up.  Even though I didn't know Iris long, it's still saddening to know that she's gone to a new family - a good one at that - but still, I miss having her in the house.

"We'll go visit her, I promise."

I take a glance at Skittles, "You're next to move out Skits.  I'm sure you'll find it wonderful living with Toffee."  I tease her.  She looks at me with a confused expression in her blue eyes.

After snuggling up with Luke to a movie and popcorn, it's nearly 10:00 and we get ready for bed.

"Luke, how would you like it if I changed my... look."

"Aww, aren't you a good girl.  Yes you are, yes you are!"  Luke's a bit occupied with Skittles but suddenly looks up.  "Sorry, did you say something honey?"

"Do you think I look okay?"

"I think you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.  Why do you ask?"  He has the most sexy and confused expression on his face which makes me want to run to him and take him into my arms.

"Well, it's just that my hair is getting rather long and I just think it gets in the way sometimes.  Don't you think so?"  I peer at myself in the mirror a bit more, darn it, another freckle has appeared.  "Also, don't you get tired of the way I dress or anything?"

"Calista, darling, I'd love you if you wore sweats all day or weird mardi gras costumes.  Granted, they wouldn't be the most comfortable but I don't care what you look like.  Okay?"
Luke climbs into bed and I soon follow.

Skittles steals Iris's spot on the bed while her mother, Midnight, settles for the dog bed.

"Thanks for your honesty hun."  I kiss him passionately on the lips, turn off the lights, and fall fast asleep.  Only to be woken up from nausea at 3 in the morning.

I'm finally pregnant with the next father's baby.  The father I chose this time was Alexander Robinson.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CATHERINE'S POINT OF VIEW

I heard Hadleigh start to cry at about 5:14 that morning.  The bus comes at 7:00 so I have plenty of time to finish getting ready.  I pick the little one out of her crib, quickly feed her some oatmeal and some milk.  Not too long after I set the plate onto her highchair tray it's gone in a flash.  Wow, I had forgotten what a quick eater she was.  Ten minutes after she had gotten up, and we're already working on expanding her vocabulary.

She's not much of a talker and is kind of quiet but it's adorable the way she looks at me.  I love her eyes, they're the most beautiful shade of cocoa and mom tells me that she has her father's eyes color and shape.  She's definitely a cutie.  It makes me wonder what mom, dad, or I would look like with brown eyes.  Funny thing is, Hadleigh and Toffee both got their father's brown eyes.  It's cool how genetics work.

"Okay, let's practice our verbs.  How about 'smelly?'  Can you say 'smelly?'"  I try to get her to talk but maybe today is not the day.  Suddenly, Hadleigh points at something behind me.  "Bug!  Why does it smell so stinky?"  My first reaction is, holy cow, that's the longest sentence I've heard her say.  Secondly, what is that horrid stench??

I notice something buzzing around me.  It's a fly.  In fact, there are quite a few.  Then I look over to the bird cage.  I nearly throw up as I realize our bird, who is not at all old, is lying dead.  Poor Azul....

I nearly gag as I try to take a closer look.

Kiara comes in at my sounds of disgust and I tell her to keep a good eye on Hadleigh while I run to get dad.

I run to mom and dad's room and rapidly knock on the door.

"Dad!  Dad, can you come out?"  I hiss.

He comes out without a shirt.  Something I personally don't like to see.  Especially since this man is my father.  It may be impressive to mom but definitely not to me.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Come see Azul."  His eyes reflect the panic and shock that I feel.  I think he knows what has happened, even though I haven't said a thing.

We come in and see Kiara continue to look at the bird's body.  She seems confused and keeps looking at the perch Azul sat at.

"Oh no."  Dad says, with a look of horror.  Kiara jumps up onto the bird perch while dad disposes of the body and cleans up the box.

"You didn't do that, did you Kiara?"  He says teasingly.

She just looks at him with a seemingly sad face.  "Mrow...."

It's near 6 in the morning and I leave parenting duties to dad while I get ready for school.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CALISTA'S POINT OF VIEW

I've started gaining weight from the pregnancy (although I'm still able to hide the slight bump) and my hair has grown even longer!  It's definitely time for a change.  Luke isn't here this week, he's on a business trip so I'm home alone with the kids... which means it's the perfect opportunity to get myself a makeover.  So I call a few friends of mine....

My eager challenge mothers greet me at the door a few days later.  Charlie Evans, Becks Best, and Dawn Turner.  They all have amazingly done up hair so I'm hoping they'll help me make my hair at least more interesting than it is now.

We squeal a bit before finally making it through the door.  They marvel at my house and meet-and-greet the doggies and cat.

Finally, I lead them to my makeshift makeover area.  It's not much but it's better than nothing.

"Oh pooey Calista.  You're so boring.  Couldn't you at least spruce it up a bit with some flowers?"  Charlie frets.

"And you should at least get a mirror...."   Dawn adds.

"It's very blue..."  Becks adds.

"Well, that's saying something, considering your house is VERY purple!"  I retort.  She glares at me and we all burst out laughing.

"Okay,"  Charlie commands, "Let's try out a few looks."  Once Dawn drags the mirror from my room out to where I'm going to get my make done, I study myself in the mirror.

"I think we should start by cutting it.  What length were you looking for, Cal?"  Dawn asks as I settle myself into the chair.

"I'm not sure..."  I look straight into the mirror and a look of confusion immediately faces me.  "Could we do a... few trials?"

They unbraid my braid and wet my hair down with spray.

"Wow girl, your hair is down to your butt!"  Charlie

"Ooh!  How about we snip a bit off here...."  Charlie and Becks already have scissors in their HANDS and are already snipping off bits of my hair!

Fortunately, I trust them enough to let them get those pointy things near my neck.  Although I'm a bit worried about Dawn and that comb.... but hey, that's what friends are for, to get a little excitement in your life, right?

"Okay," Dawn says.  "Time for color trial number one."

"Oh my God, Cal!"  Becks exclaims.  "You look so good!"  She steps away from the mirror so I can see for myself.

"Yes, I love that color on you!"  Dawn adds.

I stand up and touch my freshly dyed hair.  It's a beautiful shade of....

"Spiceberry," Charlie confirms.

"Wow... okay.  You guys got me hooked."

"Are you sure?"  Dawn asks.  She has a new, unidentifiable bottle of hair dye in her hand and Becks is laden with a spanking new pair of scissors.

"I guess I'll see what you guys got next.  It couldn't hurt."  I sigh, as I sit back down.

The turn me away from the mirror and continue working on my hair.  I see more and more spiceberry colored locks fall to the floor.  Then, Charlie comes in with a curling iron.  Oh lordy.

"Tadaa!!!" They shout in unison.

"Oh my goodness!  It's, it's... could I try a different color?"

"Yeah, that definitely wasn't the right match."  Dawn says.

"But at least the color is really pretty," Becks adds thoughtfully.

"Okay Cal, turn around."  Charlie commands.

I can hear them giggling to each other.

"Wow!  That was not what I had been expecting!"  My hair is up in a loose bun.  I look at least 5 years younger.  Like a teenager almost.  Before I can say anything, they have me down in the chair again and are undoing the entire do.

"Definitely not for you Calista," Charlie explains expertly.

"Erm, okay...." I say.  Just go with it Calista, I tell myself.

"Oh my."  My hair is like a punk rock look.  "I love the color but I don't know if it's the one.  You know?" I turn around to face my friends but they are secretly huddled together.

"No no no, the pink was not right.  This will be the final one."  Dawn says to the others.  Then to me, "Calista, you'll love this next one."  The other two nod and then they turn my chair around so I can't see in the mirror.

I give them a promising look and wait as they snip more and more hair off.  What is the color that they have apparently deemed "perfect" for me?  Also, how much shorter can my hair get?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE

I'd like to thank my FB friends for giving me great suggestions for the hair colors for Calista.  Also, thank you Charlie Evans, Becks Best, and Dawn Turner for letting their 100 BC mothers be in this post.  Their makeover scene was so fun to make and I hope your guys enjoyed it as much as I did.

Also, thank you Charlie Evans for Alexander Robinson and thank you Laura Johanson for the quote that Lara said in the beginning.

Thanks for reading!  ^_^

17 comments:

  1. Lol, that dead bird. It was so gross, yet I found it so funny? It MUST be because it's 1:00 in the morning, that's the only rational reason I have.
    Aaaaaawwww, Luke is a sweetheart. <3 With his "I wouldn't care if you were in sweats or Mardi Gras costumes." line. He's a keeper.
    Holy cow! I didn't realize how long Calista's hair was! :O And it could be as short as Laura's hair. Muahahaha. I can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that's probably it! Oh why Amanda, must you make me laugh so much?

      I liked that line too, I sure hope Luke is "the one" but you never know what could happen.

      I've been trying to make it look like Calista's hair was "growing," if you know what I mean. There aren't many hairs that are long so I thought it was time for a cut. *snip snip*

      Delete
  2. Thank you for using Charlie and Alexander!!
    Everything was so fun to read and the pictures are really good, I love it all!
    Hmm, I wonder which hair color the girls let Calista keep...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! 'O' It wasn't until I had looked on my list of challenge fathers did I realize that you had created Alexander. So I had TWO creations from you at the same time. Killing two birds with one stone, I suppose. :]

      Delete
  3. I think by the time they're done with you, you're gonna be bald! Ehehe loved the post, poor Azul. I LOVE Kiara, shes so cute :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Alexander the baby father looks like Simon!! :) And when Calista was getting her hair done, the green looked like Simon's hair too!! :)

    Anyway, enough with Simon....

    So it's not purple, not green, not blonde, maybe...red?? pink?? I'm curious!! :D I like the green one the best, and the first spiceberry one.

    Can't wait for your next post!! :D:D:D

    Also, I can't wait until your next baby (after this one) cause...well, you know why :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that's exactly what I thought... O.o It's probably the hair style and the greenish-blue color!!!!

      I liked the spiceberry one too and I have no idea what color it's actually going to be although I should by the end of this week. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the twins!!! They are gorgeous! Catherine is so sweet. :) And Toffee is still soooo ADORABLE! I so love that Luke and Calista are finally OK.

    I'm really excited for this new hair! But I'm gonna miss the blue.... But she's pretty no matter what.

    You are getting so close to the end of the challenge! I'm so excited for the next babies!

    ~Megs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the blue too... but hopefully this new hair color will not be permanent. Only, like, 26 left!!! ^_^

      Delete
  6. Oooh, poor Azul!

    Iris has gone to a good home as will Skittles with Toffee :)

    The hair dressing part was good, I wonder what the end result was.. we'll find out next part and I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha "its very blue..." lol sounds like something Becks would say. shes very hypocritical about people who like a certain color lol

    azul has flown off into birdie heaven :(

    i love skittles :) especially the dog ;)

    thankyousomuch for using becks! I already have Calista in the my next post. i....just....need....to....finish.....it -_-

    Amiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally welcome, I loved having Becks in my game!!! I made sure that her outfit was purple. ;)

      I can't wait to read your next post Amiee!!

      Delete
  8. ALRIGHTY! I'm here to make a decent (maybe half-decent) comment for once in my life.

    I say this EVETYTIME, but the kids are SOOOOO cute. I'm said to see Iris go, but I guess you need more space for babies. xD

    *intrigued by the father of the next baby* He looks cool. I like his hair!

    I hate it when the pets die (the smaller pets). Sometimes they die without reason, I swear. My bird in game died, even thought it had food and received lots of love.

    OOOOH! Can't wait to see the "new" Calista! Hopefully not too crazy. O.o

    ~Dessie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another exciting post, can't wait to see Calista's hair!
    I would like to submit some names if you don't mind:
    Ada
    Myrnin
    Trixie
    Dallon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there, I'm a new reader and fairly new challenge mother. I just love your challenge, and I hope to read all of it eventually. Check out mine here: ryann-turner.blogspot.com
    Any advice is welcome and appreciated! Oh and I love Calista's unique taste in hair! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. In case my comments never showed up, I'll give you the whole 'I love your challenge' schmeal. Oops, just did :D

    BWAHAHAHA. Calista's hair gets shorter... new colour... shorter... new colour.. shorter... new colour... and shorter...

    (I'm a fairly new challenge mom as well, so if you wouldn't mind checking out my challenge? :) http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/493466.page )

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE, Love, loved this post Calista!! <3 I'm so glad to able to be part of Calista's makeover. Its so much fun! ^_^ I can't wait for the next post and see Calista's new do.

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete