Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baby 85, 86, and 87 - Part 1 of 2


The triplets grow up right away.  Mei, the oldest, wants to become a hair dresser.  Once outgoing and rambunctious, she has now taken a calmer look on life.

Sindy, on the other hand, wants to grow up to be a stylish and hip DJ as well as a well-known bartender.  During her teenage years, she came to love everything that has to do with bars and she wishes to pursue it professionally.  She come a long way from the shy little toddler.


Alex, surprisingly enough, got into an elite college and is on full scholarship for having good grades and wants to go around teaching people about teen pregnancies, due to his experiences with his girlfriend, Gwen (oops, I just realize I gave him horrible initials by making his middle name start with an "s").

Seeing Harrison grow up is extremely emotional for me.  Every time I look at him I see Luke (except he has my eyes).   Anyway... Harrison is extremely interested in cars and already has a girlfriend, or so he says.

Lacie grows out her thick black hair and has the most photogenic smile.  Her deep purple eyes are extremely round and according to her sister, she's very popular around school.  Another good quality is that she is very intelligent which makes me proud.

Alice doesn't let her hair get passed her shoulders and has Mei cut it in a short stylish cut.  Alice is also very smart but what she lacks in social graces, she makes up for with her creativity.  She's also learning to play the guitar and the piano.

Baby Fergus ages up to look nothing like his lying, cheating, psychologist of a father.  Which I suppose is a good thing.

I'm online looking at available and unique looking fathers for the next batch of babies.  I soon find a man named Sandy Marsh.  He has multicolored hair and intense yellow eyes.

As I'm browsing on the computer, I inform myself on the latest news about my friends, chat with a few people, and check my overflowing inbox.

After a few minutes, I'm checking my online calender when I realize I was supposed to meet Luke at his house an hour ago.  Swearing, I quickly contact a babysitter, shower, and change into fresh underwear and change into some decent clothes.  Luke is always looking nice so I know I should at least try to look good.

I cruise along the street he is supposedly living on until I find an empty lot with a huge trailer on it.  Boy, Luke's company takes such good care of him, I think, noticing the company's logo on the side of the trailer as I walk up the glass steps and onto the real stone flooring.

"Talk about temporary..." I mutter.

Just as I ring the doorbell, I already see that Luke has been anxiously waiting for me.  He's nearly at the door by the time my finger hits the bell.  And he looks terrible.

He leads me into his sitting room/kitchen/dining room.  It's gorgeous and the company's logo is proudly illuminated on the side of the main wall.  Glancing around I notice the stainless steel appliances, the real leather chairs, the polished wood painted a deep blue (my exact shade of blue, I notice), and even recessed lighting.

We sit down and he offers me a drink but I decline.  I just want to talk and then get back to my family.

"So, tell me your plan again," I start off bluntly.

"Er, yes, I was thinking about you and me.  I still want to- to stay together.  I'm unhappy Calista.  Even with all of this grandeur, I was much happier with you and your kids.  Gah, I know I'm a mess and I don't blame you for forgetting about our meeting," he's rambling, it's obvious he's nervous.

"And your plan?" I ask, before asking all of the questions tumbling around in my head.

"Yes, the plan.  Right, so I was think that instead of jumping back into the relationship so soon, we could take it slow.  I thought it would be great if we just start dating each other again.  So yes, that's the plan."

I nod.  "Okay, so it's like we've never met each other?"

"Down to its simplest form, yes."

"And we'll just date for a while, and refrain from anything intimate until we're sure of things?"

"...Yeah...," he says, unsure.

I bite my lip.  How do I ask the question I want to ask without sounding rude?

"Well, what if I'm not ready to start a relationship?  I mean, have you thought about what I want?"  I say, slowly.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry.  It never occured to me.  I'm such a dickhead.   Sorry Cal, I just, I was so caught up in myself, I assumed....  Jesus, how terrible."  He glances at me, his blue eyes red and puffy.  Has he been crying?

"Look, I guess if you don't want to date me, we should at least stay friends.  Like that Simon guy, right?"

Suddenly, a wave of compassion washes over me.  "Oh Luke, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to say it like that.  I just meant that I sort of want to stay single a bit.  At least until the challenge is over.  Perhaps explore my options as a young single woman.  I still want to be with you, trust me, the break up hurt me as much as it hurt you.  Probably more," I add.

"Aww, Calista.  I'm sorry I never considered how you felt.  So we'll carry out our alternative plan after the challenge?"

I smiles.  "Yes."

He leans back on the couch, his hand over his heart, "Phew, gosh, you don't know how relieved I am.  My business is bombarding me about my current status and I've been feeling so annoyed but with you here I feel so much better," he smiles.

There's a bit of an awkward pause and I glance around the room a bit more to take in the new surroundings.  Out of the corner of my eyes, I notice his gaze dart in my direction and I look over at him.  He has this goofy grin on his face.

"What?!?" I ask.

"You, you're just so... amazing.  You don't know how much I want to hold you right now.  Do you ever wonder what you mean to me?  Oh Calista, it's sad how much I think about you.  You're almost always the first thing on my mind.  No matter what you do to me, I don't think you could ever be less than perfect in my mind."

I take notice at Luke's effort to flirt with me and just to make him happy, I go along with it.  Because truthfully, I'm craving a little bit of attention, since my last night out with a man was with a very feminine one.

"Meh, I guess we could cuddle," and to my surprise, Luke's strong arm grasps around my shoulder and before I know it his face is very close to mine.

"You don't know how much I've missed this Cal.  Oh God," he says, scrunching up his face.  I look into his eyes and at the stubble on his face.

All of a sudden, the stubble on his face is coming quite close to my face and I feel it graze my lower lip.  It tickles and my first reflex is to shove Luke's face away.

"Calista!" Luke jumps away.

"Sorry, Luke, I'm sorry.  I just wasn't expecting that."  I cover my face in horror but quickly realize that he's not hurt and that never in my lifetime would I be able to make a dent in this man.  We both end up laughing about it.

"Now that we got that settled out, I think I'd better go," I say as I get up to leave.

"Okay, but how about a hug instead?"  Luke suggests earnestly.

I sigh, "Okay," and his strong arms envelope around me.  I'd forgotten how nice it was to have a strong man around you and it feels nice.  The hugs lasts a big longer than I prefer and I'm the first to break away.

"Bye Luke, I'll see you around."

"Bye Cal, thanks for forgiving me and all.  I really appreciate it.  And uh, since we're going to start our relationship up again once you're done with the challenge, call me every so often so we can stay in touch."

I nod and walk off to my car.  I buckle myself in and start up the ignition when I realize that I never actually said I forgave him.

A few weekends later I'm inside with the girls.  Alice is helping Lacie refine her painting skills and I'm practicing the piano.  As I'm playing, I hear Harrison grunting and yelling.

"Girls, I'm going to go check out what's wrong with your brother.  You stay here," I manage to add as I run out the door.

I find Harrison hitting at a big wooden dummy.

"Harrison, what's this?" I ask him.  His face shiny with perspiration.

"I'm teaching myself Sim Fu.  I bet it'd be useful, plus it'll keep me fit."

I think for a moment before saying, "Want me to sign you up for some private lessons?  That way you can learn more technique and refine your skills."

He stops whacking at the dummy and turns around, his face lit up in the same way Luke's always did.

"Of course!  That'd be awesome, mom!"

Harrison continues to kick the dummy while I'm inside watching Fergus and looking up a local martial arts teacher.  After a few calls I finally find the right teacher.  His name is Adam Cohen and he's been involved in martial arts for nearly twenty-five years and has been teaching for about five years.  I agree to schedule an all-day session for Harrison, because I know how much he will enjoy that.

The next week Mr. Cohen comes out to our house at nine am.  He has wavy dark brown hair and purple eyes.  He immediately tells me to call him Adam.

"Harrison is out back.  We only have one two pieces of equipment and they're both kicking dummies.  Do you suggest any other types of equipment?"

"It's fine.  That should work for today.  In the long run he'll need a board breaker and a uniform.  I'll get you a list of some good shops for some of that equipment.  There's a really nice on down in Bridgeport."  

Harrison clearly enjoys the time with Master Cohen and so I sign him up for eight more consecutive all day sessions.  The sessions progress and Harrison has earned his orange belt.  He's getting really good and will soon be able to start sparring his teacher with light contact.

On the fourth session, I walk out to the tree house in the backyard to find Harrison working at breaking boards.

Adam is watching as Harrison works at breaking the light boards but when I walk over, he starts to make small talk.

"Your son is a prodigy at this.  Never have I seen such a hard worker even with my adult students.  You must be very proud."

"Oh I am.  I believe he really enjoys what he's doing."

"He sure does."

There's a short pause and Adam adds, "You know, you could try Sim Fu.  It would surely be beneficial to your health and you look like you'd be very good at it."

"Me?" I gawk.  "Oh, I don't know... perhaps I'll try it when I'm not pregnant."

A surprise face briefly shows but he turns away.  "Oh, how far along are you?"

"Almost three months," I blush.  I feel my cheeks warm up and I know I'm blushing quite noticably so I make an excuse to leave and walk out there as best I can without appearing rude.

Later that afternoon, I find the boys outside meditating, I assume.

"I came out to let you guys know that it's five after six."

"Harrison, next week we'll work on getting your blue belt, sound good?"  Adam asks my son.

Excitedly, Harrison exclaims, "Sounds great, Master Cohen!" and walks back to the house to get changed for dinner.

Adam stays behind for his monthly fee and to chat a bit.  We start off talking about Harrison and then go into me taking Sim Fu again.  I finally agree, knowing that I'll just end up doing it anyway.  Plus, it could be good because knowing Sim Fu would probably help if I ever found myself in an abusive relationship or a dark alley.

As Adam walks away, I can help but notice the bands of thick muscle that flex beneath the fabric of his uniform.  I start to go off in a daze but shake my head and clear my thoughts.  No.  I was not just thinking what I was just thinking.  I can't.  He's my son's martial arts teacher.  Oh, what is wrong with my emotions these days? 

Cursing at myself for thinking such thoughts about a man I hardly know, I walk back to the house.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE

Summer vacation is about to start and so I might be pretty busy for these first few weeks starting Sunday or so.  Especially from what I know now, I won't be able to post for a couple weeks or so after Sunday, so enjoy this post and have a fantastic day!




37 comments:

  1. YAYAY!!! i really REALLY love luke, but this marshal arts guy is pretty darn cute :3
    awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is he really cute? I have issues with making good looking men. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Great post Calista - And I like Luke's new look too.
    All the kids look great and I really like Harrsion too :)

    Great post as usual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kurtis. I tried to make Luke as un-Luke looking as possible.

      Delete
  3. Luke has really eh... Let himself go there. O.o
    To be honest, I was actually pretty disappointed when I heard his plan. They were a cute couple, but I'm still mad at him. (Even if he IS a sim heart throb.) I dunno... I also kinda feel like he was just trying to feed Calista what she wanted to hear, but that's just me.

    I'm liking this martial arts teacher so far, but only time will tell if he's also a scumbag. At least if he gets touchy feely with Calista she'll be able to kick his booty with her new Simfu skills. :D

    Great post as usual and I can't wait for part 2!


    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I know!!! Disappointed? :( That's totally fine. To be honest, I have NO idea where I'm going with this.... Before you pointed it out, I hadn't even realized how desperate and manipulating he sounded. Gosh, what a jerk. >.<

      I'm not sure what I'm doing with this martial arts guy... but I have to admit, I like what I know about him so far!

      Delete
  4. This was great!! ^_^
    Awe It's gonna be hard to not be able to read your posts. :( But I hope you have a great summer. :D
    Ooooh does Calista like the MA teacher? :3 I think she does. ^_^ hehe!

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Yes, yes she does. She'll start once the baby is born!

      Delete
  5. Lacie and Alice are adorable! Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUS :D

    Luke, you kinda creep me out now, and I like this guy :D Did Calista tell him about her challenge? I'm guessing not....Poor Adam, thinking Calista's married.

    Wait. No. Hold on, if I say I like Adam, and I want them to get together (which I do), nothing will happen between them. I already promised myself I wouldn't do this, 'cause it never works out for me.

    BUT I LIKE ADAM! :D Psst, are you still going by your poll? The votes say that Luke won...but..... :3

    ~Izzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That never even occurred to me! Thanks Izzi!!!!!! *tackle hug* Gosh, I should probably have Calista tell Adam about the challenge... O.o

      You want them to get together????? I should put up another poll. :3

      That old poll was originally for the end of the challenge but mostly just for the whole Simon vs. Luke thing. So I'm going to put up a new poll! Woo!!!!

      Delete
    2. I'd just like to point out....ADAM IS WINNING!! YUSH :3 *knocks on wood*

      Delete
  7. Awww super sad and happy face at the same time! Yay for summer!!!! woohoooooooo!!!!! And I'm glad you have something to do with your summer :)

    Ok so Luke, kindaaaaa creepy. Little bit obsessive. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet.

    The kids are so cute! I've thought this from the start, but Mei is stunning! (So fitting for her name) And I love how you have a zoo of cats always around you. *makes cutesy face* hehe, Kitties :)

    I love Harrison! He's so ambitious. He's eerily like his father. Well, before Luke went a lil bit psycho.... Great post! And yay for summer!!!!

    ~Megs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gahhhh!!!! I know! I'm so happy!!!! He's becoming a bit stranger... I guess I could say that he's becoming psychotic because of Calista withdrawal. :3

      I'm glad you like Mei! I didn't like how she looked at first but she is very beautiful. Those noses just give them that unique but awesome look.

      Pretty soon a lot of the kitties will be gone. Then more kittens will have to come. Yay!!

      Delete
  8. Great post as always! I'm glad Calista is keeping things open with Luke, but being single is probably going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being single is going to be fun. She can dance and party all night!!!

      Delete
  9. Short comment, as I have to go to school in a bit, but I did want to say something (I'll come and add an extensive comment later).

    Calista, drop Luke on his ass and take THAT GUY! I find it weird how quickly I changed my allegiance. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, now for the longer comment...

    Lacie and Alice are just too freakin' adorable - I love both of their hairstyles, it suits them.

    You're amazing at creating sims, seeing as Sandy Marsh just looks fantastic. *.*

    Totally agreeing with Laura. It did sound like he just used the standard speech to get back together, and I'm actually happy that Calista is hesitating with him. Might I add that Luke totally reminds me of a hobo. O.o

    Harrison is like the mirror image of his father. Freaky...

    I'm still agreeing with my previous statement, which is dropping Luke and getting to know the new guy. :D But of course, Luke has been around for a very long time, so I'd totally understand if she does end up marrying him.

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! Their hairstyles change mid-post because the hairs were having issues and didn't look good in the pictures. I think I'm going to remove them from the game.

      Aww, thanks! I made him a while ago. He's been living the random townie life for quite some times.

      Based on what you guys have said about Luke, I feel like changing my plans for he and Calista... I'm still thinking about it. Haha, he really did let himself go. O.o

      Harrison actually aged up really ugly-ish so I had to do a minor edit in CAS. *shhhh, don't tell*

      Yes, I'm planning on getting Calista to know Adam a bit more.... It's so frustrating not knowing what's going to happen with this love triangle.

      Thanks for your lovely comments as always, Destiny. ^_^

      Delete
  11. Great post!!! Okay I still like Luke and all, but I'm starting to like the MA teacher more!! He sure is cute! Everyone grew up great this chapter too. Plus Luke just sounded like he said that because Calista wanted to hear it! I don't know who I want to be with Calista!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to know someone still likes Luke. He's not totally rejected quite yet. You like the MA teacher? That's awesome! I'm glad people like him because I couldn't tell if he looked nice or not. Gah, I don't know either!!! XD

      Thanks for reading, Zoe!

      Delete
    2. Well I did accidently vote for Luke in the poll, but that was before I knew what it was for. If I had known I might have voted for Adam.

      ~Zoe~

      Delete
    3. Haha, that's totally fine. It looks like Adam is catching up to Luke. Plus, I'm not really sure if I want to use the poll results or not to influence my story. I was just curious as to what people thought should happen. :p

      Delete
  12. I've only known about your blog for maybe about a week now, and I honestly have to say you have me hooked. You really add life to your sims, and I love all the story plots, and personalities you make. I can't wait to read what you have in store for Baby 100 (: , and I'm hoping that your planning on maybe participating in another challenge, cuz I'd love to read more from you C:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet! You've really made my night!

      Haha, I know there are way better blogs out there but thank you for that lovely comment. :)

      I hope what I have for the 100th baby is good!!! I have no idea what I'm doing yet but I'm sure I'll figure something out. :P

      Delete
  13. I'm glad I made your night, and I really hope you do continue with something :)

    And also, I was wondering... when you take a picture of the kids when they age up, how do you get those backgrounds and the poses? Do you just make the backgrounds yourself? Cause I would love to be able to take a picture like that for my Sims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the backgrounds I just edit the wall paper in Create-a-Style. As for the poses, I use pose player from Mod the Sims and I find a lot of my poses for pose player at My Sims 3 Blog.

      Delete
  14. Team Luke 5ever, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I really love this challenge! I'm trying to start my own...do you have any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just let your creativity show through your stories and go with the flow. It also helps if you take good quality pictures and post consistently. I know, I know... I don't really post that consistently but in the beginning it's best to do that.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I get discouraged really easily...but I'll try my best!

      Delete
  16. randomly i started reading your blon when this post was on the main page
    ive loved every post and will start my own challenge soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooohhh :) Adam is purrty! Harrison is perfect!!!! I love your writing soo much <3 Did you know that I have read every single post up to this one so farrr?!?!? I am now officially a completely devoted superfan :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This just made my night. Thank you so much!

      Delete