Monday, March 19, 2012

Baby 78, 79, and 80: Part 1 of 3


Little Liam bounces into childhood much too quickly for my taste.  Although he did not get his father's beautiful dark skin, he did get his father's brilliant blue hair (with complimentary purple eyebrows) and deep deep ocean blue eyes.

Ash ages up into a cute boy.  He wears his hair in a Mohawk and is always ready for a party, though he can get quite emotional.

His twin sister, Isabella, on the other hand, is a little bit shy and more serious than her brother.  I hope that the two of them can balance each other out.

Spring is extremely happy to finally be a teen.  She loves to experiment with make-up and develops her own style of dress.  She's convinced her hairdo doesn't look complete without a hat and she's attempting to grow out her bangs.

Cyan aged up into a teen.  He definitely does not have the enthusiasm his sister does but he certainly has the attitude of a teenager.  Fortunately, his mood is good and he often helps the younger kids with their homework.  Hadleigh decides to postpone her birthday celebration until after the wedding.

Right before the wedding, I went into the sperm donor center to get my next batch of genes.  The father, much to my surprise, is Gladstone Kincaid, the husband (yes, I said husband) of Luke's sister.  Don't worry, I called Lindsey (Luke's sister) and she said it was fine and that Gladstone had donated a while ago before they were together.

It's Saturday and finally time for the wedding.  We've spent a majority of the freetime we had during the weekend preparing for the wedding and it's finally here.  The party is small and there aren't many other kids besides my own.

Liam has been deemed, ring bearer, but seeing him walk down the aisle, he bares no ring in his hands.  He's also lacking shoes I notice.  I heart begins to race when Luke gently sets his hand on my bare knee, reminding me that Liam is only going to do part of the job a ring bearer does.  He's just going to enjoy the limelight of walking down the aisle before being returned to us.  The ring, if you were wondering, is with the bride and groom, Gabrielle and Simon.  Relief floods over me like a cool breeze in the desert.

The procession is short, sweet, and simple and soon they are wed.  My eyes tear up a bit and I give myself a pat on the back for making sure to put on waterproof make-up this morning.  Gently, I wipe away the tears of happiness and catch the deep orbs of Liam's eyes, glancing at me as if I'm a lunatic.  I take him and give him a squeeze while Luke wraps around my shoulders.

The three tiered cake is beautiful and symmetrical, just the way I know Simon likes it.  In one of the wedding photos, I catch Spring in midst of counting how many calories she's about to consume (she's recently become obsessed with her food intake but I assure you she doesn't have an eating disorder).

WEDDING PHOTOS!!!

The bride and groom - Gabrielle and Simon Simmons

My sister Alicia (Simon's ex-wife) and her and Simon's sons, Garth and Graham

Simon's son through my challenge, also named Simon (baby 32) and his wife, Cataline

My son Apollo (baby 26) who married Simon's daughter, Ashley, with his first wife, Myra

And last but not least, Luke and I (I decided to spice things up at the photo shoot, seeing as none of the couples had a kissing photo)



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Before we left for home, I went up to Simon.

"Congratulation Simon!  I'm so happy for you,"  I smile not needing to say anymore.  We both know that this is a good-bye from the past and most likely for good.  He's moved on now and I'm very proud of him.

"You know it means so much to me that you came.  Thank you," he whispers quietly as we enveloped each other in a warm embrace before I departed and leave him to start his new life with his new wife and hopefully start a family.

It's nearly 11 at night when we arrive home.  The kids trudge on to their rooms leaving Luke and I with some alone time.


All of a sudden, Moonbrow races around the corner into the corridor that leads to the master suite.

"What the?!?!?!"  Luke exclaims, baffled.

"Holy...!"  I say at the same time.  After a few moments of confusion, Luke finally speaks, "Let's go see what he's up to."

When we walk into the bedroom Luke and I are in for a shock.  Luke's jaw drops and I say, "Oh my gosh...."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE


Dear readers, please skip over this unless you want to read about my whining and rambling.


Sorry for the abrupt ending and cheesy, cliche, obvious, and predictable "cliffhanger."  I haven't posted in so long, I thought, "I might as well post what I have."

Also, just an FYI, Simon's wedding wasn't at all how I wanted it.  I wanted it to be more elaborate but then I thought, "Calista should and will have a better wedding with more detail and it's okay that Simon's wasn't because a) it will make Calista's look better, b) Simon's not THAT important of a character so it's okay if his wedding isn't all that grand, and c) this is sad (I know) but I haven't really experimented with the wedding features that come with the Generations Expansion Pack and this was the first time so I really didn't know what to expect.

Well, this is what I got so... yeah.  Everyone says this but I'm just going to say it again.  I was really, really, busy with school so that's why I haven't really played Sims much or worked on this post.

Anywho, I hope this short little post will suffice until I get the next one out (hopefully soon).

Thanks for reading and for being so patient!

Edit

Here's a little picture of Luke "being all sexy" as suggested by Izzi.

What do you think is on his mind??? *raises eyebrows*




19 comments:

  1. YAY!! Kitties!! ...oops, was I not supposed to say that? -hides from rath of calista-

    I loved Simon's wedding! And he IS a big character >:( eh hem... :P anywho, I guess he's not anymore :(

    YOU SHOULD'VE POSTED THE SEXY PICTURE OF LUKE!! :D:D That would've been SOOOO funny xD

    GREAT POST, I mean, why wouldn't it be? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me L.O.L. :P

      Haha, I should post it. I'll add it...

      Ooh, we're even, I won't get mad at you for talking about the *whispers* kittens, and you won't get mad at me for saying Simon was a minor character. Hehe... :3

      Delete
  2. *coughcough* I agree with Izzi, Simon was kind of a bigger character *coughcough* :D I probably only think so because she dated him and all, but hey: Whatever floats your boat!

    I can't stop laughing at Luke's expression as he enters the room... That's just a priceless face. <3

    Simon's wedding was really sweet, and I really REALLY hope Calista's one will be bigger! I so love this post, and I'm looking forward to the next parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think I'll need your help with the wedding. I'm not the best at coordinating those kinds of things. Simon's wedding was difficult because I had no idea what I was going for.

      Delete
  3. Great new post Calista I was so happy to read this!!!!
    I cannot wait for Calista and Luke's wedding!!!!
    I also plus ones this on Google Plus!!
    Great as ALways :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kittens!! :D

    Calista has such adorable children (And I say this in the least creepy way possible)!

    Aww, Simon and Gabrielle are too cute together. Hopefully this marriage will work out for him because this is his... Third? xD
    And now Gabrielle and Simon must commence in having adorable bebes. :3

    Luke's sexy look!!!! :D
    I told you what I thought was on his mind on Facebook last night, missy. ;)

    Lovely as always, I can't wait for the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, creeper. jk

      Yes, this is his third marriage. First he was married to Myra (and he had Ashley with her) and then he got married to Calista's sister, Alicia and had twins with her. I'm hoping that this will be his final marriage otherwise things would be getting out of hand and I may just have to send him to Weston (your psychologist) for a few sessions. :3

      Haha, how could I forget what you thought. :3

      Delete
  5. Yay for moving on!!! This is a big step! Even though I'm totally gonna miss Simon. It was so exciting when he was temporarily back... Oh well.
    I though the wedding was lovely. Short, sweet, and to the point. Speaking of weddings, I AM EAGERLY ANTICIPATING CALISTA AND LUKE'S!!! :D
    I'm super excited for the kittens! (hopefully there will be?) and all the kids are so adorable. It just isn't even right.... You are sooooooo close to the end.. :0 *nostalgic sigh* I remember the beginning chapters so well. Hehe :)
    Anyway, I was so psyched to read this chapter and totally can understand your frustration with school and such. It's worth the wait. Can't wait for the next post!!!
    ~Megs~

    P.s. It seems as though my last suggestion for names was helpful (I think?) so here are a couple more: Landon, Braden, Everett, Harrison, and Bentley for boys; Harper, Piper, Adalyn, Isla, and Lorelei for girls. NOTE: Again if any of these names have already been used just ignore... There've been so many name combinations I forget and am too lazy to go back and check... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Megs! You totally make my day and I love you for it!!!!

      I'm excited for the kittens too! I've already got them named and they're so adorable! ^_^ Hehe, I scared for Calista and Luke's wedding actually, I'm not the best at writing/setting up for weddings. It will truly be a challenge for me.

      Thanks so much for the names! Lol, some of Calista's relatives have some of the names but none of her kids do so I'll definitely use some of them. You really help me out with these names. I'm an extremely indecisive person so when I have a set layout/schedule for my storyline, it helps a ton (especially with grandchildren)!

      If you do check back on this comment, I just wanna know, do you have a Facebook or something? I'd love to friend you (and if I'm somehow already friends with you, ignore this request). :p Thanks for reading Megs. :)

      Delete
    2. Aw yay! I'm glad I make your day :) Usually reading your story is a highlight of my day. (no joke!) And I'm so glad my names help ya out. It sorta feels like I'm contributing to your genius, which is pretty epic... Sadly I don't have a Facebook, but I hope to have one soon. If I dis I would totally friend you! But, I would love to find an alternative method of communication... Email maybe? If you have any suggestions I'm totally open to them. :D
      ~Megs~

      Delete
    3. Oh of course! Email always works! You can always email me at:

      sims.catlover800@gmail.com

      :)

      Delete
  6. I love it. (Sorry for the short and not creative at all comment, but I'm seriously falling asleep on my laptop.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's fine. Any comment is good enough for me. Thanks for reading Charlie. :)

      Delete
    2. Where did you get Ash's hair? I can't find a mow hawk for boy children anywhere!

      Delete
    3. I mean mohawk, not mow hawk. lol

      Delete
    4. It's a hair from the store, I believe. :) Idk if you're still following up with this comment. Lol, sorry for replying to late. >.<

      Delete
  7. Simon's wedding. Beautiful. The cliffhanger. Hilariously perfect. :) I really like Gabrielle!!! ALOT!! and I'm glad Simon (Finally) got his happy ending! <3 Can't wait for Calista's. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete