Friday, November 4, 2011

Babies 65 and 66: Part 2 of 3

Laura and I were sitting in the living room while the toddlers played.

"Hey, Calista, have you heard that they just opened a new pet shop in Sunset Valley?"

"Really?"  I asked.

Marseille came walking in.

"What?  A pet shop?  Oh mom can we get a little kitty of puppy??  PLEASE!!!"  He begged.

"Thanks for bringing it up Laura."  I shot her a disgusted look.

"No problem," she mused with a big grin on her face.

"Um, Marseille, I'll have to think about that.  Maybe you and daddy can go to the pet shop and buy some fish."

"Uh, mom.  That's no fun," he pouted.

I gave him a stern glare that said don't talk back to me young man.  He left the room.

"Ah, kids."  Then in a whisper I leaned in.  "Don't tell the kids but I was planning on adopting a new cat or dog to surprise Luke and the kids."

Laura gave me an excited "oh"  and gave me a sign that said her lips were sealed.

Changing the topic she asked if I had found a new father for the challenge and if I was willing for suggestions.

"Of course, I actually sort of forgot about it for a second.  Who do you have in mind?"

"Well, I know you've done the sons of other challenge mothers in the past so I was thinking you could let my son Duncan be in your challenge."

"Of course, I'm assuming he's still living in Riverview so would I have to come with you?"

"Most likely, but it only takes a day to drive to Riverview so you'd be back in a few days.  Luke can just take care of the kids right?"

"Of course he can," I smiled.

Luke walked in right as we said his name.

"What can I do?"  He asked.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

LUKE'S POINT OF VIEW

Okay, so now I was in charge of taking care of the kids while Calista went to go get pregnant with another man's baby.  Nothing wrong with that right?  Haha.  Actually, this wasn't that bad.  The triplets slept most of the time and with there being three of them they didn't require a lot of attention from me.  Just bath time at night, daily meals, and wardrobe changes.  Calista and I (with help from Marseille) had already potty trained each of them and had taught them each to walk and talk.  Also, I was able to send them to daycare three times a weeks so that helped big time.

Marseille had grown up pretty much as an only child (hence all the attention we paid to him when he was little) so Calista and I were surprised at how well he got along with his younger siblings (who took a lot of our attention) and with kids at school.  I tried to spend time with the boy as much as I could.  He loved playing chess with me and then throwing a ball or two around.  He was also avidly interested in animals.  I agreed to go on a hike with him to see if we could spot some wildlife and just maybe I would let him take a little critter home.  I hoped Calista wouldn't mind.

Before we left, I had just had another of many meeting with a building contractor.  He and his team were already redoing our house and making it just the way Calista wanted it - all one floor and beautifully decorated.

The contractor's name was Gladstone Kincaid.  He was an interesting guy with odd purple-ish skin and dark hair and dark eyes.  He was a very nice guy and answered all of my questions (my parents had recommended him to me).  Another plus was that he had a huge company with a lot of workers, so they worked fast.  Which was good because I needed this project done before Calista came home, which was about a week or so (there had been a delay, which I was very relieved of, so Calista had to stay with Laura for a little longer).

Gladstone's team was already really close to finishing.  They were just putting finishing touches on everything.  I remembered what he had promised me a few weeks before, We can do the work in half that time.  Long before you girlfriend comes home, you have my word on it.  After assuring me everything was going to plan, Marseille and I left for town.

Marseille skipped happily in front of me.  When he noticed I wasn't skipping along with him he slowed his pace down.

We found many creatures on our hike through town and even discovered the location of the newest pet store in town.

A beautiful dog bounded out toward Marseille and followed him into the store.

She was a beautiful dog with a luminescant-like coat.  Her eyes were a shocking blue and the store clerk said her name was Midnight.

"Can we keep her?  Please??"

"You heard what you mom said Marseille.  No pets."

"Aww.  But dad, you're supposed to be the cool one.  And look, she likes me!"

He had a point, that dog was very well behaved.

"How can you resist that face?"  Marseille was still trying to persuade me.

I patted his shoulder and chuckled, resisting the urge to tell him that I was planning on adopting a dog for he and his siblings' birthdays coming up.  I hadn't yet told Calista because I wanted to surprise her too.  I was glad that Marseille had pointed out this beauty because now I had the present for my family picked out.

"Marseille, why don't you go look around the pet store for someone to take home and I'll think about getting a dog."

"YES!"  Marseille cheered.

He dashed straight over to where the rodents were housed.

I leaned over the counter and asked the store clerk to put the beautiful dog on hold for a few days.

"Sure, no problem!" she said.  By then the house would be done, the kids would be aging up, and Calista would be home.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

CALISTA'S POINT OF VIEW

Unfortunately, Duncan wasn't "available" due to some personal issues.  Laura, though disappointed, helped me find someone else to have as a father.  We chose the son of one of my good friends, Liana Masons.  Her son Brendan Masons readily agreed.  I hoped that the babies would get Liana's bright reddish-pink hair!  Laura was kind enough to drive me back home and we had a great time.  She decided to stay a while before driving back home.

We took a detour home and visited the new pet parks and horse areas the town had recently built.  They were beautiful!

Laura stopped the car.

"Laura, is everything okay?  Don't worry, maybe Duncan will be able to do it next time, or perhaps one of your other sons could do it."

"It's not that.  I just want to get out and stretch my legs and meet some kitties and puppies."
I sighed.  We were a few minutes from home and I kind of wanted to see Luke and my babies but I reluctantly agreed.

"Okay, no longer than a half-hour okay."

Many people were at the park and they didn't even have any pets.  Perhaps they were just looking.  I notice a small crowd congregated around a girl and her mother and decided to avoid going over to that busy spot.  We strolled along in the other direction.

There weren't many pets there but it was still cool to see where the horses train and where the dogs and cats could play.  I even got to feed one of the horses.  We stayed there for forty-five minutes.

"Okay Laura, let's go."

"Okay okay, sheesh.  I'm comin' I'm comin'"

As she came closer to get into the car I stopped her.

"Wait.  Can we go see that girl over there.  I think she was putting up kittens for adoption and I just want to see if there are any left."

This time Laura was the impatient one.

"Oh alright."  Laura decided to wait in the car while I walked over to the mother and daughter.

"Hi!  What a beautiful dog you have!"

"Yes, his name is Sprite."

"Can I pet him?"

"Of course, he's very friendly."

I complimented him more and then remembered why I had originally come over.  "Um, I noticed you were selling kittens and I'm interested in adopting one.  Are there anymore available?"

The girl looked up at me and said, "There's one little girl left."

She gestured to the box the kittens had been kept in.

Who looked up at me was the most beautiful cat I had ever seen.

"Meow?"

"Is she still available?"

She and her mother nodded.

The girl bent down to let the kitten out.

"Hi little kitty.  Oh, you like that don't you?"  The kitten started purring up a storm right as I touched her silky fur.

She nudged my hand and tried to climb up into it.

"Oh, you're so friendly.  You're definitely my kind of cat."

"I'll take her!"  I said, picking the kitten up.  The mother, a woman named Andrea, seemed relieved to finally have found homes for all their kittens but the little girl, who's name was Cassie, seemed disappointed.  I bent down and looked into her warm brown eyes.

"You know what Cassie?  You can come and visit this kitten any time you want, okay?"

She nodded and gave me a big hug.  I paid Andrea and shook her hand good-bye.

Then said good-bye to Sprite and walked back to where Laura was waiting with the car.  Right as I got in the kitten had already settled in my arms and I gently laid her on my lap.  I couldn't wait to see the look on my kids faces when they saw her!  If only we knew what to name her!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 


NOTE

I want to say thank you to a lot of people who let me use their Sims in my story.

  • Amanda514 for letting me use Laura Johanson as Calista's friend in this post and hopefully posts to come.
  • Cami for making the dogs, Sprite and Midnight.  You can download them here.  I'm not the best at using create-a-pet so I think she deserves a big thanks.  Otherwise, you would have had to see some pretty sad looking dogs, or at least really boring ones. :)
  • Liana Masons/Spongebob248 for letting me use Liana Mason's son, Brendan Mason, as my next challenge father.  
  • And last of all, I'd like to thank you guys, my wonderful viewers.  Without you, I wouldn't feel half as good as I feel knowing people are enjoying my writing.  


Please feel free to leave comments, I love hearing what you have to say!  I hope to get Part three out asap. :D


14 comments:

  1. Awww, her cat is so colorful! I like how Calista and Luke both had the same idea! Great minds...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitty is so FLUFFEH! And rainbow-y. I love how they both got a pet without the other knowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute animals ;)!

    And no problem, thanks for using Brendan.

    Good post

    ReplyDelete
  4. HER NAME SHOULD BE SKITTLES. Sorry...I'm just excited 'cause she's so COLORFUL!! :D
    I can't wait for Part 3, and I guess it's official...Simon (who would fit KINDA perfectly with the kitty!!) is not coming bak :(
    Anywho, enough with my ranting, I want to save roon for Destiny's comment, 'cause I know it's gunna be LONG! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that cat was ADORABLE!!! :D i cant wait to see what they name it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was the most adorable cat I've ever seen! :O And the puppies were gorgeous too. ^.^ I really loved Midnight's fur.
    Oh, I also have a new Duncan up on the exchange. He isn't orange like he used to be, but he's still the Duncan we all know and love!! http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4788344

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WANT THAT CAT! And that blue dog. x.x I love the idea that Calista will be getting pets - even though there's already so much color and awesomeness in that household, pets always makes it better! :D And Luke... He's still great! I can't wait to see how Marseille would react when he finds out he'll get a dog, AND, a kitty.

    Sorry, Truffle, I think I may be disappointing you! My comment isn't that long (my fault, I was up partying late and can't think of much right now). :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I didn't reply soon enough, I was a little busy....

    @Cassie - I know! I made the kitten myself, which pretty much shows the extent of my CAP abilities. Great minds do think alike. I wanted the Smith's to get a dog and a cat (I knew I didn't want a horse) so this was the most creative way I could come up with. I didn't want to just do the usual "I got a dog and a cat at the pet store" idea. :)

    @Skye - I love the kitten too! She actually wasn't born like that, I had to change it. Her parents were both identical copies with that rainbow pattern but for some odd reason the kitten had weird fur so I had a to cheat a little to get her to look like how I wanted her to look.

    @Liana - Thanks for letting me use Brendan. I hope the kids get Liana's red hair!

    @Truffle - That's a really good name, perhaps if she has a kitten (when she's older of course) I will name the kitten that. I love skittles by the way. :) I know I've said this before but I'm really not sure what to do about Simon yet.... Doesn't look like Destiny's comment is too long....

    @Violet - Thanks! I've come up with a name already. It doesn't really have to do with her fur color, but my sister and I really like the name.

    @Amanda - I love the dogs' fur too! I wish I was that talented with CAP. :D I will definitely try to upload Duncan again. I hope it works. Thanks for going through all of the trouble. :)

    @Destiny - Want me to upload her??
    I love the pets too, this has got to be the greatest expansion pack for The Sims. XD I'm getting excited just thinking about how to make them react. Hopefully I can get the post out by next week. School is awfully busy. :( I love getting comments, it doesn't matter if your comment is short or long (although I do enjoy reading and replying to long comments). I just read you post, it was AWESOME!

    I forgot to mention this in my comment on your blog, could you possibly upload the new version of Destiny? I'll go check right now if you already have....

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Cat: I haven't uploaded the updated version of Destiny - SORRY! :( I've just started on my project, so I probably won't be able to play sims for a few hours. But I promise, when I do have time, I'll upload her. :)

    And in response to some other stuff in your comment... I hardly have any time for Destiny's save game, which means I have no time at all for a fun and normal save game where I can enjoy pets. So if you did upload the pets, I'd probably won't be able to use them soon. BUT, you could always upload it - I'm sure other people would love to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PETS!!! :D The dogs and kitten are soooo cute! :3 Great post Calista! :)

    ~Dawn Turner

    ReplyDelete
  11. So do I!
    It's no problem. I had to do a few things for him in my next post anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Destiny - That's okay, let me know when you do upload her though. :) I think I will upload the kitten when I find time. I'm sorry to hear that you can't play Destiny's save game much. It's the same with me. School has consumed all of my free time. Although, I do manage to play a little bit every night when I should be doing homework. Shhhh! Don't tell!

    @Dawn - Thank you Dawn! I'm so glad you liked it. PS: I like your new blogger profile picture!

    @Amanda - I haven't tried downloading Duncan yet (I've been REALLY busy!) but I hope to do it this weekend if I can. I can't wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so in love with the new pets! :D ♥ You are an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Love Love the pets <3 Can't wait to keep reading! They are so beautiful..I think it's funny that Luke and Calista are both trying to get pets to surprise the other :) Hopefully we will see them all..*cough cough that includes Sprite*

    ReplyDelete