Saturday, December 4, 2010

Babies 5 and 6: Twins Again?

For the birthdays this round, I decided to make it just a family party.  Besides, if we threw a party for every birthday 1) I would be broke and 2) we'd never get anything done!

Cal went first.  He kept his hair short and loved to wear his sweater vest.  Brendan went next.   Both the boys stuck to shorter haircuts.  Brendan had on a very adorable shirt that said, "Dinosaurs aren't extinct, they're just shy!"  He wore it almost everyday.  It was a miracle I was able to wash it as often as I did.

Next, the ghost twins.  The older boys cheered their new baby brothers on as they transitioned into toddler-hood.

Watt had Kevin's red hair and my dad's green eyes.  I was hoping Casper would be just as easy to take care of as he had been as a baby.  Being a ghost, he didn't need to eat or drink or use the bathroom like his father (I don't know what eye color he has but he has brown hair judging by his eyebrows).

Brendan was such a good kid.  He played peek-a-boo with Casper.

Cal played with his blocks.  He was going to be quite handy.  He often had to check to make sure the blocks didn't have baby drool on them.

One night, while I was getting the mail, I noticed a very young man with deep purple skin.  Right away I thought about what his kids would look like.  I introduced myself and noticed that he had black hair, purple skin, and piercing bright blue eyes.  He told me his name was Connor Lapso and I told him about my challenge.

He agreed right away because he had known a bunch of kids that used to go to school with him that were products of 100 baby challenges.  I was excited, I wanted my kids to have those blue eyes of his.

I invited him to my house and he accepted.  In the bedroom, I gave him a quick massage.

It took a while for him to get "ready," so somewhere along the lines we were outside.  I serenaded him with my guitar. 

I was about to give up when he grabbed me very hard and pressed his lips to mine.  I could hardly breath but I got the signal that he was ready.  Finally.  I heard lullaby that told me I was indeed pregnant. 

Connor left just in time for me to see the boys off.  They were starting school today and were as nervous as ever.  They wouldn't even smile for the camera when I got on the bus and took their first day of school picture.  Their bus driver was a kind woman by the name of Holli Coley.

School must have gone well because both Cal and Brendan brought home a friend.  Bella Bachelor and Mortimer Goth. 

They mostly played tag outside.  Bella got very tired because she was wearing a dress and she didn't have tennis shoes.

On the other hand, Mortimer was having the time of his life.  I later found out that he had no siblings so he hardly had any chances to play with other children except at school during recess.  Poor kid.  If only I could secretly adopt him... no, bad idea.

After the kids left, Cal and Brendan did their homework.  Brendan just whizzed through his homework while Cal had to stop and think.  He was having a very hard time with the simple arithmetic but he didn't want help when his brother and I offered it to him.  Cal eventually finished, but it was long after Brendan had.

Every night for a whole month, Cal and Brendan played chess.  Much to Cal's relief they were equally skilled at this.

A few months into my pregnancy I bought the boys a secondhand playground and swing set for having such good grades.  I found a tutor for Cal and it really helped.  His grades were going from C's and D's to B's and A's!

For the first time I noticed that Cal was better at something that Brendan (I'm not trying to be mean or anything by saying that).  Cal was an expert at going down the slide.  He was laughing and screaming with delight from going down the slide.

He went very high on the swing.  It gave me great joy to see my little boy so happy.

But for Brendan, who wasn't used to being "worse" at something that Cal, the playground just wasn't very fun for him.  He looked nervous going down the slide.

He fell when he reached the bottom and he didn't even attempt the swing.  I guess Brendan was the brains and Cal was the brawn of the two. 

I bought a workout CD for the boys to try and sure enough, Cal excelled in that.  I made a note to save up some money to buy a workout machine of some sort for Cal.

Meanwhile, I potty trained the little boys and taught them to walk and talk.

About 5 months into my pregnancy, I asked Augustine Childers to watch over the boys while I went out to visit my good friends the Landgraabs.  I needed to speak with Geoffrey as he was the only doctor in the town that could tell me what the gender of my baby was.  He told me it was a girl and I got very excited because I had not had a girl yet.

When I got home I ate some apples in hopes of having boy-girl twins or even triplets.

As my stomach got very noticeable, Watt, baby 3, was very intrigued by my growing middle.  He would often touch and look at it which would send him into squeals of delight.  I don't think he really understood what was happening.

"You're going to have a new sister."  I tried to explain to him.

Ghost baby Casper loved to do what his brother Cal used to do, but being a ghost, he had more of an advantage.  He was able to make himself blend in better and scare us even more.  Eventually he stopped and everyone was very relieved.

One day I called the babysitter and drove over to my sister Lydia's house.  I talked to her about how her daughter Lane was doing.  Lane was doing excellent and they were thinking of having another child.  I congratulated them and wished them the best.  I couldn't wait to find out if I was going to have a new niece or nephew.

Then I played with Lane and taught her to walk.  I wanted to really know everyone in my family and have them trust and know me at a young age.

While making some jokes one morning before school, I felt a sharp pain, it was the baby and it was early.  The kids freaked out but I told them it was okay

The kids wanted to stay home to see if they were going to have a new baby sister or brother, but they had to go to school.  For once they were excited to go to school knowing that when they came home their would be a new baby waiting for them.  After the kids had left, I was about to call the hospital when I realized this baby was not going to wait.  Having four kids already, I felt alright having a home birth.  My first baby girl was born, baby 5.  I named her Flora Fauna for the beautiful and unique color of her skin.

As I set Flora down I realized I was still in labor.  Twins?  Triplets?

Next came baby 6, a healthy boy who weighed a whopping 10 lbs., Saffron Connor.  I couldn't wait to tell the older boys about their new siblings.  He was very heavy compared to his dainty sister who hardly topped 6 lbs.  He had normal skin.  I was a little sad that none of the children had their father's skin color, because it was my favorite shade of purple.

That was alright, I loved the twins just as I had with all my twins.  Am I ever going to have triplets or single births I wondered.  So far I had just had twins.  But I couldn't let that worry me.  I had twin babies to take care of and birthdays were coming up soon.  Also, our house was getting too small for our growing family...


14 comments:

  1. Love it! Too bad you didn't get a baby with purple skin, that my fave color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm I'm sorry but.....Saffron is a girls name..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anon - If you check out this website it says that Saffron is used as a boy and a girl name.

    http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Saffron

    Also, any name can be a boy or girl name. It's like way long ago when boys used to be called Rachel, Tracy, and other "girlish" names like that. I can understand what you mean though. On other blogs I've read all the Saffrons have been girls. I guess my Saffron is very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the part where you tell about Cal and Brendan. I also love Flora Fauna's name :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I kind of made it up on the spot once I realized she was green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh nooo D:
    All your pictures have dieeeedd ><

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jazen - Sorry this is so late.... Thanks, I love their names too! I find it so fun thinking up naming themes and such. :)

    @Anon - Sadly, yes. They should come back on November 7 though. Hopefully....

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing could you put that green baby girl amd the purple dad on the exchange please??? would be aweseome to have them. im sorry for harrasing you with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I tried uploading them to the exchange but it didn't work. So I have their .sim3packs and .sim files uploaded to mediafire. You'll need this skin tone slider for their skin to work.

    Flora .sim3pack
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1n48156dv9a4t69

    Flora .sim
    http://www.mediafire.com/?eneyh8dps9zbszs

    Connor .sim3pack
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0l7k0hx2clk9lbn

    Connor .sim
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6quk4uv4v6fzryb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loove those names , i have some more : Gemma, tivian, Maylie, Serena, and Calla :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just started reading your story and I love it so far!
    Cant wait to read it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww..cute babies! :) All your children are beautiful! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete