Saturday, November 20, 2010

Before I was Born...

"Ahhh!!!! The baby is coming!"  Everyone shrieked as I walked into the hospital. 

I was going to be a mother, in fact, a mother of 100...

Sorry, let me explain from the beginning....

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I'll start with my parents.

This is my mother, Katherine Ardenson, as a young adult right after college.  She had and still has very long blue hair and beautiful sapphire blue eyes.  She was born and raised in Sunset Valley.  She has always been very sociable and good with money.  Her money managing skills come from her father as he was a banker and her charismatic nature comes from her mother, who was always kind and loved nature.

You may notice the beautiful silver hoops dangling from her ears.  She has worn them for as long as I can remember.  One day, when I was a child, I asked her why she wore them all the time.  She replied that her mother had given them to her when she turned 16.  Mom did not know that her mother (my grandmother) was dangerously sick with cancer, but she soon found out a year later when her mother passed away.  The earrings that had been stowed away in her dresser became her number one treasure.  When I was 16, mom gave those precious earrings to me.  Mom worked at Doo Peas Corporate Towers in the business field until she retired a few yeas ago.

This is my dad, James Smith, as a young adult.  He has shiny, smooth blond hair and a splatter of freckles under his handsome green eyes.  He was born in Riverview but decided to become a teacher in Sunset Valley.  He worked at the Community School for the Gifted where my siblings and I would eventually go to school (he was actually my teacher for 2nd, 3rd, and 6th grade, which was kind of weird).

This is the story from how they met to when I was born and had left the house.  Trust me, I know.  I've asked my mother many times and this is what she always says.  Actually, I'll let her tell the story:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

KATHERINE'S POINT OF VIEW

It was love at first sight for me and your father, I believe.  We were both young, ambitious (at least, I was), and we went together like butter on toast.  Our friends always called us "the couple."  Your father's charm blew my socks off and I was instantly mesmerized.  A few days after we had met, we were officially "the couple."

A few years passed and we were going steady.  Every now and then we would send letter, flirt, and spice our relationship up.  One day, your father brought me to the beach.  He knelt down on one knee and proposed.  

I was estatic and instantly said, "yes!"  How could I have said no?  

We quickly moved in together and purchased a cheap mobile home.  We both agreed to move out as soon as possible once we were able to.    

As you father says, I was the most beautiful bride he had ever seen (cliche, I know, but I took the bait).  We took the photos early so as not to cause the photographer to feel rushed.  I wore a simple white dress with my long hair pulled back in a beautiful, yet simple, bun.  I've been told that my earrings matched perfectly.

I planned the decor.  It was simple and outdoorsy.

Many guests came.  Your father and I exchanged rings and many people threw confetti.  Then we had the best honey moon ever.  I believe we made your older brother that night (Mom!  Too much information!!).

Right when we found out that I was pregnant we moved into a house "with a view" as your father always said.

Your father and I were so excited with my pregnancy.  We prepared ourselves as much as we could.  Finally, the due date arrived and your brother, Noah, was born.  Time flew by and soon it was his birthday.

Noah had messy blond hair and blue eyes.  Everyone always told us he would grow up to be a charmer.  We couldn't have agreed more. He would flirt with the waitresses when we went out to eat and all the little old ladies would stop to pinch his cheeks.  He loved the attention.

After Noah grew up I was already pregnant with the twins, Joshua and Sophie.

Josh was almost the exact the exact replica of Noah with his blond hair and blue eyes.  Sophie was the "female version" of your father.  She both his blond hair and green eyes. It was great to have a little girl around after two boys.


Noah also grew up.

We weren't expecting it but surprisingly I was pregnant again.  Our house was becoming too small so we moved out to a bigger one with three bedrooms, two baths (a luxury in those days), and a pool.

Only too soon did the due date arrive and off to the hospital we went.  I gave birth to the twin girls, Lydia and Alicia.

The twins were identical with their features.  They both had your father's blond hair and his green eyes.  The only difference was that Lydia had your father's straight hair and Alicia had my wavy hair.



Josh and Sophie grew up into children.

Last but not least, Noah grew up into a teen.  He was still the charmer of the family with his scruffy hair and handsome face.

Holly Alto caught his eye.  She couldn't have been more delighted to have him as her boyfriend.  He shared his first kiss with her.

I was a bit disappointed that none of my children had my blue hair, so your father and I tried one more time and you were born.  I noticed that you had a fine head of pale blue hair and I was delighted.  


Our family was now complete.

♥♥♥

11 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I'll be following and reading more later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks, that means a lot to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the start of your story. Telling her mother's story before moving into her own. Her parents seemed like they were really in love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jazen - Actually, I edited this post until quite recently. Originally it was told in Calista's point of view and some of the pictures were different. But that was a long time ago when I didn't feel as involved in the challenge as I do now. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE this all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this so far. Can't wait to read more! :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good background of your challenge mom.

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! <3 Love the background for the your challenge mom's mom. Brings a lot of depth into your character

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg this is so good! I've only just started reading it. On an even better note MY NAME IS ALICIA!! Ahh I'm freaking out here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I gets a lot better at the end.

      Delete
  10. I love the background that you give your family! It definitely makes me want to get to know them and find out what in the world leads to her having 100 babies. ;)

    ReplyDelete